Condors Get Ready for Open House This Sunday
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors annual Open House and Family Day, sponsored by KGET-TV 17, will take place this Sunday, October 9th from 2:00 to 5:00pm. The Bakersfield Ice Sports Center, located behind Rabobank Arena at 1325 Q Street, will host the event for the second straight year. Admission is free with the donation of two canned food items, which will benefit the Salvation Army Food Pantry.
The Open House will be the first chance for fans to meet the 2005-06 team. Fans will have the chance to interact with the Condors during a free public skate session from 2:00 to 3:00pm. Attendees may bring their own skates and step right onto the ice, or rent skates for $3.00 per person.
The team will then hold a practice session from 3:30 to 5:00pm. Fans are invited to stay and observe the 2005-06 Bakersfield Condors as they prepare for the upcoming season. In addition, season ticket holders will be able to pick up their ticket books, payment in full is required.
Fans can take shots at the Condors inflatable Slapshot game, as well as check out some of the new Condors souvenirs and apparel for this season. Condors' mascots Colonel Claw'd and Baby Cal will be on hand to mingle with the fans. A clown will also be in attendance to entertain by making balloon animals and doing magic acts.
Other notes: The Bakersfield Condors have launched an official blog, available through the team's website, www.bakersfieldcondors.com. The blog will provide fans with periodical updates and feature player journal entries throughout the season.
Individual tickets go on sale on Monday, October 10th, for the Condors October 15th pre-season match against the Fresno Falcons. The Rabobank Box Office will be open from 10:00am to 6:00pm and tickets can be purchased by calling TicketMaster at 322-2525.
The Bakersfield Condors open their 2005-06 ECHL season in 15 days at home on October 22nd against the Victoria Salmon Kings.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 7, 2005
- Aces REVISED Final Schedule--only ROAD games affected - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Announces Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder, ECHL Announce Schedule Change - Stockton Thunder
- Luke Fulghum Assogned by Toronto - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Las Vegas Training Camp Roster Swells to 22 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Announce Training camp Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Announces Training Camp Roster - Stockton Thunder
- Titans, ECHL announce revised 2005-2006 schedule - Trenton Devils
- Checkers pick up three from Wolf Pack - Charlotte Checkers
- RoadRunners, ECHL Release Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Checkers announce final schedule - Charlotte Checkers
- Steelheads announce revised schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades sign final two, Training Camp roster set - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Season Opener vs Greenville Friday, October 21 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Preseason Games Begin Wednesday - ECHL
- Grrrowl release revised schedule - Greenville Grrrowl
- Revised Schedule Released - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings travel to Powell River to take on the Regals in exhibition - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Storm Announce 2005-06 Schedule Revision - Toledo Walleye
- Hurricanes Change Grizzlies, ECHL Schedules - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL releases final 05-06 schedule - Augusta Lynx
- Camp Patrick Day 1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Home Schedule Finalized - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors Get Ready for Open House This Sunday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Releases Revised Schedule - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls announce revised schedule - San Diego Gulls
- 2005-06 ECHL Schedule - ECHL
- Royals make slight changes in schedule - Reading Royals
- Naumenko recalled as Bombers open training camp - Dayton Bombers
- Stingrays release revised schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hurricanes cause schedule change for Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Everblades release new regular season schedule - Florida Everblades
- ECHL opens 18th season October 21 - ECHL
- WTSR 91.3FM and WBCB 1490AM to air Titan games - Trenton Devils
- Titans announce training camp roster - Trenton Devils
- Gulls announce training camp roster - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL announces hurricane relief program - ECHL
- Texas Wildcatters granted voluntary suspension - San Diego Gulls
- Grizzlies add high scoring rookie Matt Craig - Utah Grizzlies
- Gomez one of four added to Stingrays roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kowalski recalled to Lowell - Florida Everblades
- Storm announce training camp schedule - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL teams with Salvation Army for relief campaign - Augusta Lynx
- The boys are back in town - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.