Everblades release new regular season schedule
ESTERO, FL - The Florida Everblades, in conjunction with the ECHL announced today a new regular season schedule for the 2005-06 season. As in the past, the Everblades will play a 72-game schedule with 36 home and road dates. The '05-'06 campaign begins on October 21, 2005 and concludes on April 8, 2006.
The ECHL was forced to revise the league schedule after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita forced the suspension of play by the Mississippi Sea Wolves and Texas Wildcatters for the 2005-06 season. The Everblades' new 72- schedule has them beginning defense of their second consecutive conference championship with a five-game home-stand. The 'Blades open the year against the Las Vegas Wranglers on Friday, October 21 & Saturday, October 22, then host the South Carolina Stingrays (Oct. 28) and the Augusta Lynx (Nov. 4 & 5). The Everblades conclude the campaign with three road games at Gwinnett on Apr. 4 and Pensacola on April 7 & 8.
The Everblades play more than half of their schedule against four teams. The most games will come against rival Pensacola facing off 12 times against the Ice Pilots. Florida will skate against the Gwinnett Gladiators 11 times and faces South Carolina and Augusta nine times each. In addition, 22 of the Everblades games will come against the three teams they faced in the 2005 Kelly Cup Playoffs (South Carolina, Greenville & Charlotte).
The Everblades enjoy two long home-stands at Germain Arena during the year. The first is a seven-game stint from January 20 - February 4, when the Everblades host Pensacola and Augusta for one game each, South Carolina for a pair of games, and in a re-match of the 2004 Kelly Cup Finals, three games against the Idaho Steelheads. The 'Blades longest home stand is an eight-game stretch from February 24 - March 14 when the Everblades host Gwinnett and South Carolina for a pair of games each, the Charlotte Checkers for one game, and Columbia three games.
Florida endures a seven-game road trip as the team's longest stint away from home. The trek falls between March 17 - 28 with games at Augusta, Columbia, South Carolina and Charlotte. The Everblades annual west coast trip features games at Fresno, Stockton and Bakersfield from January 10 - 17.
The games at Fresno on January 10 & 17 will be the first ever meetings between the teams. Likewise, when the Everblades travel to Stockton, CA for a pair of games on January 13 & 14, those will be the first ever meetings between the teams. The Stockton Thunder franchise shifted to the west coast in '05-'06 after spending the previous four years in Atlantic City, NJ.
The overall breakdown of opponents & games against for the Everblades is as follows:
Augusta Lynx: 9 - (4 home, 5 away)
Bakersfield Condors: 1 - (1 away)
Charlotte Checkers 7 - (3 home, 4 away)
Columbia Inferno 8 - (4 home, 4 away)
Fresno Falcons 2 - (2 away)
Greenville Grrrowl 6 - (3 home, 3 away)
Gwinnett Gladiators 11 - (6 home, 5 away)
Idaho Steelheads 3 - (3 home)
Las Vegas Wranglers 2- (2 home)
Pensacola IcePilots 12 - (6 home, 6 away)
South Carolina Stingrays 9 - (5 home, 4 away)
Stockton Thunder 2 - (2 away)
The Everblades will play 14 of their home games on Friday nights, 14 on Saturday nights, 3 on Tuesday night's, 4 on Wednesday nights and one Thursday night game. All Everblades home games begin at 7:30 p.m.
Full and half season tickets are still available! Visit www.floridaeverblades.com and www.germainarena.com for more information on ticket packages, pricing and upcoming Germain Arena events.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 7, 2005
- Aces REVISED Final Schedule--only ROAD games affected - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Announces Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder, ECHL Announce Schedule Change - Stockton Thunder
- Luke Fulghum Assogned by Toronto - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Las Vegas Training Camp Roster Swells to 22 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Announce Training camp Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Announces Training Camp Roster - Stockton Thunder
- Titans, ECHL announce revised 2005-2006 schedule - Trenton Devils
- Checkers pick up three from Wolf Pack - Charlotte Checkers
- RoadRunners, ECHL Release Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Checkers announce final schedule - Charlotte Checkers
- Steelheads announce revised schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades sign final two, Training Camp roster set - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Season Opener vs Greenville Friday, October 21 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Preseason Games Begin Wednesday - ECHL
- Grrrowl release revised schedule - Greenville Grrrowl
- Revised Schedule Released - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings travel to Powell River to take on the Regals in exhibition - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Storm Announce 2005-06 Schedule Revision - Toledo Walleye
- Hurricanes Change Grizzlies, ECHL Schedules - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL releases final 05-06 schedule - Augusta Lynx
- Camp Patrick Day 1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Home Schedule Finalized - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors Get Ready for Open House This Sunday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Releases Revised Schedule - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls announce revised schedule - San Diego Gulls
- 2005-06 ECHL Schedule - ECHL
- Royals make slight changes in schedule - Reading Royals
- Naumenko recalled as Bombers open training camp - Dayton Bombers
- Stingrays release revised schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hurricanes cause schedule change for Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Everblades release new regular season schedule - Florida Everblades
- ECHL opens 18th season October 21 - ECHL
- WTSR 91.3FM and WBCB 1490AM to air Titan games - Trenton Devils
- Titans announce training camp roster - Trenton Devils
- Gulls announce training camp roster - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL announces hurricane relief program - ECHL
- Texas Wildcatters granted voluntary suspension - San Diego Gulls
- Grizzlies add high scoring rookie Matt Craig - Utah Grizzlies
- Gomez one of four added to Stingrays roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kowalski recalled to Lowell - Florida Everblades
- Storm announce training camp schedule - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL teams with Salvation Army for relief campaign - Augusta Lynx
- The boys are back in town - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Everblades to Face Orlando in South Division Finals
- Electric Second: 'Blades Close out Series with 5-1 Win over Jacksonville
- Preview: Everblades Host IceMen on Cusp of Series Win
- Big Ben: Masella's Four-Point Game Lifts 'Blades over IceMen in Game 5
- Berdin Stymies Everblades in Jacksonville's Game 4 Win