Gomez one of four added to Stingrays roster
North Charleston, SC The 2005-06 South Carolina Stingrays will begin training camp at 3:00 PM on Sunday, October 9th at the Carolina Ice Palace The team released its camp roster (attached) today which includes four players added to the roster from AHL camps. Robin Gomez, Deryk Engelland, and Maxime Daigneault were assigned by the Hershey Bears, while goaltender Mike Brown was sent from the Providence Bruins.
Brown will be battling for the starting goaltender position with second year professional Maxime Daigneault, who played 21 games last season for the Stingrays with an 11-6-1 record and a goals against average of 3.02. Brown, a rookie, was a fifth round draft pick of the Boston Bruins in 2003. He split last season between Owen Sound and Saginaw in the OHL.
"We have two quality young goaltenders that are going to push each other all season long," commented Head Coach Jason Fitzsimmons. "As always, we are looking forward to a competitive camp with plenty of new faces."
Robin Gomez returns to the Stingrays after playing in three preseason games with the Washington Capitals. Gomez had 14 goals and 205 penalty minutes in 44 games with the Stingrays last season.
Deryk Engelland, a third year professional is an offensive minded defenseman, who has spent the last two seasons with the Las Vegas Wranglers of the ECHL. Last season, the former Moose Jaw Warrior, had 21 points on five goals and 16 assists. He was a sixth round draft pick of the New Jersey Devils in 2000.
The Stingrays will drop the puck on their 13th season of professional hockey in October. A variety of season ticket and group ticket packages are already on sale. For ticket information contact the Stingrays office at 744-2248 or log on to www.stingrayshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 7, 2005
- Aces REVISED Final Schedule--only ROAD games affected - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Announces Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder, ECHL Announce Schedule Change - Stockton Thunder
- Luke Fulghum Assogned by Toronto - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Las Vegas Training Camp Roster Swells to 22 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Announce Training camp Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Announces Training Camp Roster - Stockton Thunder
- Titans, ECHL announce revised 2005-2006 schedule - Trenton Devils
- Checkers pick up three from Wolf Pack - Charlotte Checkers
- RoadRunners, ECHL Release Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Checkers announce final schedule - Charlotte Checkers
- Steelheads announce revised schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades sign final two, Training Camp roster set - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Season Opener vs Greenville Friday, October 21 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Preseason Games Begin Wednesday - ECHL
- Grrrowl release revised schedule - Greenville Grrrowl
- Revised Schedule Released - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings travel to Powell River to take on the Regals in exhibition - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Storm Announce 2005-06 Schedule Revision - Toledo Walleye
- Hurricanes Change Grizzlies, ECHL Schedules - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL releases final 05-06 schedule - Augusta Lynx
- Camp Patrick Day 1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Home Schedule Finalized - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors Get Ready for Open House This Sunday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Releases Revised Schedule - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls announce revised schedule - San Diego Gulls
- 2005-06 ECHL Schedule - ECHL
- Royals make slight changes in schedule - Reading Royals
- Naumenko recalled as Bombers open training camp - Dayton Bombers
- Stingrays release revised schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hurricanes cause schedule change for Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Everblades release new regular season schedule - Florida Everblades
- ECHL opens 18th season October 21 - ECHL
- WTSR 91.3FM and WBCB 1490AM to air Titan games - Trenton Devils
- Titans announce training camp roster - Trenton Devils
- Gulls announce training camp roster - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL announces hurricane relief program - ECHL
- Texas Wildcatters granted voluntary suspension - San Diego Gulls
- Grizzlies add high scoring rookie Matt Craig - Utah Grizzlies
- Gomez one of four added to Stingrays roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kowalski recalled to Lowell - Florida Everblades
- Storm announce training camp schedule - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL teams with Salvation Army for relief campaign - Augusta Lynx
- The boys are back in town - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.