Grizzlies add high scoring rookie Matt Craig
West Valley City, Utah - The Utah Grizzlies announced today the signing of 11 players, including rookie forward Matt Craig, who left Quinnipiac University with 133 points over four years.
"Matt was very successful in college and we expect that to carry over to the professional level," said Grizzlies Head Coach Jason Christie. The 23-year-old Craig will be joined in Utah by former college teammate, goalie Justin Eddy. Eddy enters his second professional season after winning 14 games last year in South Carolina and playing 12 games with Portland of the AHL. Utah has also signed netminder David Cann, who handled the majority of time in the net for Johnstown (ECHL) during the 2004-2005 campaign, playing in 41 games.
Left wing Garret Cameron has been inked after a successful 2004 Kelly Cup Playoff run in which he scored six points (4 goals, 2 assists) in eight games playing under current Grizzlies Coach Jason Christie in Peoria. "Garret provided us with a great spark that year as we advanced in the postseason. We will look for that this year in Salt Lake."
Right Wing Jeffrey Doyle scored 31 points (14 goals, 17 assists) during the 2004-2005 season playing with Motor City in the UHL. Barry Horman comes to Utah after playing two playoff games with Lubbock (CHL) during the 2005 playoffs, registering an assist in his first professional game. Other experienced forwards who will be joining the Grizzlies: Troy Illijow (IHL-ih-joh), Mike Olynyk (OHL-ih-nik) and Matt Schmidt.
Defensemen fighting for blue line slots with the Grizz: Erik Patten, who last played in Richmond of the UHL, and Lou Dimasi, who won a Division III National Championship at the University of Norwich.
The Grizzlies open training camp Sunday at the Acord Ice Center; the public is invited to attend. Visit www.utahgrizzlies.com for more information.
The 2005-2006 campaign opens two weeks from tonight when Utah opens play in the ECHL at the E-Center. Call 988-PUCK for ticket information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 7, 2005
- Aces REVISED Final Schedule--only ROAD games affected - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Announces Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder, ECHL Announce Schedule Change - Stockton Thunder
- Luke Fulghum Assogned by Toronto - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Las Vegas Training Camp Roster Swells to 22 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Announce Training camp Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Announces Training Camp Roster - Stockton Thunder
- Titans, ECHL announce revised 2005-2006 schedule - Trenton Devils
- Checkers pick up three from Wolf Pack - Charlotte Checkers
- RoadRunners, ECHL Release Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Checkers announce final schedule - Charlotte Checkers
- Steelheads announce revised schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades sign final two, Training Camp roster set - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Season Opener vs Greenville Friday, October 21 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Preseason Games Begin Wednesday - ECHL
- Grrrowl release revised schedule - Greenville Grrrowl
- Revised Schedule Released - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings travel to Powell River to take on the Regals in exhibition - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Storm Announce 2005-06 Schedule Revision - Toledo Walleye
- Hurricanes Change Grizzlies, ECHL Schedules - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL releases final 05-06 schedule - Augusta Lynx
- Camp Patrick Day 1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Home Schedule Finalized - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors Get Ready for Open House This Sunday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Releases Revised Schedule - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls announce revised schedule - San Diego Gulls
- 2005-06 ECHL Schedule - ECHL
- Royals make slight changes in schedule - Reading Royals
- Naumenko recalled as Bombers open training camp - Dayton Bombers
- Stingrays release revised schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hurricanes cause schedule change for Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Everblades release new regular season schedule - Florida Everblades
- ECHL opens 18th season October 21 - ECHL
- WTSR 91.3FM and WBCB 1490AM to air Titan games - Trenton Devils
- Titans announce training camp roster - Trenton Devils
- Gulls announce training camp roster - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL announces hurricane relief program - ECHL
- Texas Wildcatters granted voluntary suspension - San Diego Gulls
- Grizzlies add high scoring rookie Matt Craig - Utah Grizzlies
- Gomez one of four added to Stingrays roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kowalski recalled to Lowell - Florida Everblades
- Storm announce training camp schedule - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL teams with Salvation Army for relief campaign - Augusta Lynx
- The boys are back in town - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.