Trenton Devils Cease Operations
Newark, NJ - The ECHL's Trenton Devils will suspend play beginning with the 2011 12 season. The New Jersey Devils are restructuring the organization's player development system to be more in line with other NHL franchises. In fact, Trenton was the only ECHL team that was completely owned by an NHL club.
The New Jersey Devils organization would like to thank all of the fans who have supported the Trenton Devils the past five seasons.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 7, 2011
- Thunder Theme for 2011-12 Invites Fans to "Get In On The Action" With Unique Look - Stockton Thunder
- Tapper Returning as Blades' Assistant Coach - Florida Everblades
- Three Stingrays Head to Washington for Capitals Rookie Development Camp - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Sign Forward John Scrymgeour - Reading Royals
- Trenton Devils Cease Operations - Trenton Devils
- Top Moment of Road Warriors' Season Revealed - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.