Royals Sign Forward John Scrymgeour
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League and the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League, today announced that the team has agreed to terms with forward John Scrymgeour ["SKRIM jor"]. Scrymgeour is the first player announced as signed by the Royals for the 2011-12 season.
In his rookie season last year, Scrymgeour (6'1/207) (25), who hails from Pickering, Ontario, scored ten goals, assisted on twelve others (twenty-two points) and registered forty-eight penalty minutes in fifty-five regular season games for the Royals. He also earned a late season three-game call-up to the Portland Pirates of the American Hockey League. Scrymgeour, who received the team's Heart Award at the conclusion of last season, displayed a considerable knack for scoring critical goals for the Royals. Three of his first five goals with the team proved to be game winners, including his first goal as a pro-the game's first goal in Reading's 5-0 win over the Elmira Jackals on December 12, 2010. Similarly, in his first effort in a pro shootout on October 30, 2010, shooting in the seventh round for the Royals with the game on the line against the Toledo Walleye, Scrymgeour bagged the game-deciding shootout effort. Last January, Scrymgeour represented Reading in the 2011 ECHL All-Star Game and Skills Competition in Bakersfield, California. In the All-Star game itself, Scrymgeour registered three assists in the ECHL All-Stars' 9-3 victory over the Bakersfield Condors. Prior to turning pro, Scrymgeour picked up thirty-one points (12g-19a) and fifty-four penalty minutes in 132 games during a four-year career at Lake Superior State University; and, in his senior season with the Lakers, Scrymgeour received the team's Soo BlueLiners Award.
Season Tickets for the 2011-12 Reading Royals ECHL season are currently available. Call 610-898-7825 for more information or log onto www.royalshockey.com . Is your club, group, or organization looking for fun and entertaining speakers for an upcoming event' Contact the Royals' Speakers Bureau to book a team representative for your next outing. More information on the Royals Speakers Bureau is available by contacting Mark Thompson at 484-400-3565 or email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 7, 2011
- Thunder Theme for 2011-12 Invites Fans to "Get In On The Action" With Unique Look - Stockton Thunder
- Tapper Returning as Blades' Assistant Coach - Florida Everblades
- Three Stingrays Head to Washington for Capitals Rookie Development Camp - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Sign Forward John Scrymgeour - Reading Royals
- Trenton Devils Cease Operations - Trenton Devils
- Top Moment of Road Warriors' Season Revealed - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Matt Christine Named Royals Marketing Director
- F Chris McCarthy Signs PTO with Hershey Bears
- Season-Ending 18 Skinny Stats for 18 Seasons
- Royals End Regular Season on Six-Game Win Streak, 5-3, vs. Adirondack
- Swavely Returned on Loan Prior to Reading' Saturday Home Finale