Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1
Las Vegas - The Alaska Aces rode two short-handed goals to a 5-1 win over the Las Vegas Wranglers in game number three of their opening round series. The Wranglers now trail the best-of-seven Western Conference Quarter-Finals three games to none, with a pivotal game four set for Friday night at Orleans Arena, 7:05pm.
The Aces would waste no time in striking first, as Peter Sivak (2) put Alaska on top 1-0 just 14 seconds into the game, assisted by Nick Mazzolini (6) and Brendan Connolly (3). Mazzolini (2) would then grab a goal of his own six minutes later, short-handed, assisted by Sivak (3), to put Alaska on top 2-0.
The Wranglers would answer back 6:11 into the second period as Shawn Skelly (3) scored for the third straight game, this time on the power-play, to cut the Aces' lead to 2-1. Assists on the goal, the first man-advantage score of the postseason for Las Vegas, went to Greg Coburn (1) and Matt Tassone (1). Alaska would answer right back, however, with their second short-handed score of the game, an unassisted goal from Sivak (3), putting the Aces on top 3-1.
Early in the third period it was Alaska's Drew MacKenzie (3) adding another goal on the power-play, assisted by Connolly (4) and Mazzolini (7), to put the Aces on top 4-1. Brett Findlay (1) would then extend the Alaska advantage to 5-1 with 10:23 to go, assisted by MacKenzie (1) and Jordan Morrisson (1).
With the Wranglers trailing the best-of-seven series 3-0, the two teams will get set for game four in Las Vegas on Friday April 25. If necessary, the pair will collide again in game number five on Saturday, April 26 once again at Orleans Arena. The winner of the series advances to the ECHL's Western Conference Semi-Finals, for a second round date with either the Colorado Eagles or Idaho Steelheads.
Las Vegas Wranglers 2013-14 playoff tickets are on sale now! With five different options for groups of 10 or more, a Wranglers playoff game is the perfect way to celebrate with friends, host a unique corporate outing, or fundraise for your organization! Individual adult tickets start at $21 while youths are just $8, with special options for discounts on "Strip Tickets" for the entire postseason schedule! Groups of 10-plus can also save 35 percent off game-day ticket prices, and luxury packages start at just $300 with food and drink options available. For more information, contact the Wranglers front office at (702) 471-7825 or visit wranglers.co . Don't forget to find the Wranglers on Facebook and follow @WranglersLV on Twitter for the latest updates!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 23, 2014
- Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Solar Bears Lose Nail-Biter 2-1 to Cincinnati - Orlando Solar Bears
- Froese's Late Strike Sends Cyclones Past Solar Bears, 2-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Road Warriors Win Game Three in Overtime - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Berkstresser lifts Road Warriors past K-Wings in overtime - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condon Incredible Again in 1-0 Game Three Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Edge Stingrays 1-0 in Game 3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Altitude Sports & Entertainment To Broadcast Game 5 - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Take Series Lead; Host Games Four and Five Thursday and Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - April 23 - ECHL
- Playoff Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Stockton Thunder - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Go for Playoff Sweep at Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Goaltender Igor Bobkov to Rejoin Utah in Bakersfield - Utah Grizzlies
- Stingrays Playoff Game Preview: Stingrays Battle Nailers in Game 3 Tonight in Wheeling, West Virgini - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Playoff Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Cincinnati Cyclones - April 23 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Road Warriors vs. Wings Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers vs. Stingrays Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings at Road Warrrios Game Three Eastern Conf. Quarters - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - April 23 - ECHL
- Condors Rally in OT Thriller; Bakersfield Takes 2-Games-To-1 Series Lead - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Shock Reign 5-2, Take 3-0 Series Lead - Stockton Thunder
- Bakersfield Beats Utah in Overtime to Take 2-1 Series Lead - Utah Grizzlies
- Reign Can't Counter Thunder Strikes and Fall 5-2 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Wranglers Stories
- Las Vegas Wranglers to Return to the Ice for 2015-16 Season
- Wranglers' Season Comes to Close with 3-2 Game Four Loss to Aces
- Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1
- Wranglers Fall to Aces in Game Two Nail-Biter, 3-1
- Wranglers Dropped by Aces in Game One, 5-1