Game Preview: Road Warriors vs. Wings Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Who: Greenville Road Warriors (New York Rangers) vs. Kalamazoo Wings (Vancouver Canucks and St. Louis Blues)
What: Kelly Cup Playoffs - Round 1
Where: Bon Secours Wellness Arena- Greenville, S.C.
When: Wednesday, April 23rd at 7:00 p.m.
Follow us here: Facebook and Twitter
The Road Warriors return home tonight when they host the Kalamazoo Wings in the first round of the Kelly Cup Playoffs. Greenville and Kalamazoo are tied 1-1 after two games last weekend in Michigan.
The Road Warriors defeated the Wings 2-1 last Friday to take a 1-0 series lead. Marc-Olivier Vallerand scored midway through the second period to give the Road Warriors the lead. Bretton Cameron scored what would prove to be the game-winner and extended Greenville's lead to two goals halfway through the third period. Jason Missiaen stopped 35 shots to earn the victory.
Kalamazoo evened the series 1-1 on Saturday by defeating Greenville 3-2. Andrew Rowe gave the Road Warriors a 1-0 lead just :37 into the second period but the Wings responded with two goals in a three-minute span midway through the period and added a third tally just over seven minutes into the third period to mount a 3-1 lead. Mike Marcou scored late in the third period, but Greenville was unable to make a comeback. Jason Missiaen made 35 saves.
Road Warriors Commentary:
The Road Warriors Drive to the Kelly Cup presented by the Greenville News returns tonight to the Bon Secours Wellness Arena for the first home game of the 2014 Kelly Cup Playoffs. BLEED BLUE! Rally towels will be given to the first 1,000 fans in attendance.
Single game tickets to the first round of the 2014 Kelly Cup Playoffs are on sale now. The Road Warriors will take on the Kalamazoo Wings tonight, Friday, April 25th and Saturday April 26th. Puck drop for the Warriors home playoff games is 7 p.m. Group tickets for 15 or more people can be purchased for as low as $7! To learn more about group pricing, call a Road Warriors Ticket Account Representative at 864.674.PUCK!
Season tickets for the Greenville Road Warriors' 2014-15 season are available now! Call a Road Warriors Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK to secure your Road Warriors season tickets today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 23, 2014
- Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Solar Bears Lose Nail-Biter 2-1 to Cincinnati - Orlando Solar Bears
- Froese's Late Strike Sends Cyclones Past Solar Bears, 2-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Road Warriors Win Game Three in Overtime - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Berkstresser lifts Road Warriors past K-Wings in overtime - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condon Incredible Again in 1-0 Game Three Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Edge Stingrays 1-0 in Game 3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Altitude Sports & Entertainment To Broadcast Game 5 - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Take Series Lead; Host Games Four and Five Thursday and Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - April 23 - ECHL
- Playoff Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Stockton Thunder - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Go for Playoff Sweep at Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Goaltender Igor Bobkov to Rejoin Utah in Bakersfield - Utah Grizzlies
- Stingrays Playoff Game Preview: Stingrays Battle Nailers in Game 3 Tonight in Wheeling, West Virgini - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Playoff Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Cincinnati Cyclones - April 23 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Road Warriors vs. Wings Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers vs. Stingrays Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings at Road Warrrios Game Three Eastern Conf. Quarters - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - April 23 - ECHL
- Condors Rally in OT Thriller; Bakersfield Takes 2-Games-To-1 Series Lead - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Shock Reign 5-2, Take 3-0 Series Lead - Stockton Thunder
- Bakersfield Beats Utah in Overtime to Take 2-1 Series Lead - Utah Grizzlies
- Reign Can't Counter Thunder Strikes and Fall 5-2 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- PHPA and ECHL Announce Relief Fund for ECHL Players
- A Message from the Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Ticket FAQ
- 2019-20 ECHL Season Cancelled
- Sunday's Blood Drive Cancelled