Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings at Road Warrrios Game Three Eastern Conf. Quarters
The setting switches from Wings Stadium to the Bon Secours Wellness Arena for game three of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals matchup between the Kalamazoo Wings and the Greenville Road Warriors.
Kalamazoo evened up the series at a game apiece with 3-2 victory last Saturday.
After surrendering the first goal in game two, the K-Wings responded with three unanswered, including the game-winner from David Pacan. Dustin Cloutier chimed in with two points, while Joel Martin turned aside 28 shots to preserve the win.
For the second straight game, Marc-Oliver Vallerand and Andrew Rowe contributed to the Road Warriors offense. Vallerand dished out two assists, while Rowe scored game two's first goal. Goaltender Jason Missiaen made 35 saves in the loss.
Team Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings Greenville Road Warriors
Goals: Matt Caria, Dustin Cloutier, Bretton Cameron, Mike Marcou,
David Pacan, Yannick Veilleux (1 Goal) Andrew Rowe,
Marc-Olivier Vallerand (1 Goal)
Assists: Eric Kattelus (2 Assists) Marc-Olivier Vallerand (2 Assists)
Points: Dustin Cloutier, Eric Kattelus (2 Points) Marc-Olivier Vallerand (3 Points)
+/-: Matt Caria, Eric Kattelus, Marc-Olivier Vallerand (+3)
Ben Wilson (+1)
Penalty Minutes: Ben Wilson (5 Minutes) Samuel Noreau (6 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Dustin Cloutier (1 Goal) Entire Team (0 Goals)
Short Handed Goals: Entire Team (0 Goals) Entire Team (0 Goals)
Game Winning Goals: David Pacan (1 GW) Bretton Cameron (1 GW)
Shots: Justin Taylor (10 Shots) Marc-Olivier Vallerand (10 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Matt Caria (50%) Bretton Cameron (33.3%)
Overtime Goals: Entire Team (0 Goals) Entire Team (0 Goals)
Goals Against Average: Joel Martin (2.00 ) Jason Missiaen (2.01)
Save Percentage: Jordan Binnington (0.944%) Jason Missiaen (0.946%)
All-Time/ Season Series
All-Time Playoff Series: All-Time Series is Tied: 1-1
Best-of-Seven Series: Best of Seven Series is Tied: 1-1
Last Meeting: K-Wings Won on April 19th @ Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo, Michigan (Game Two)
Next Meeting: Friday, April 25rd @ Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina (Game Four)
Defenseman Jeremie Blain will make is K-Wings playoff debut this evening. Yesterday, Blain was reassigned from the Utica Comets by the Vancouver Canucks.
So far in the postseason, rookies have played a significant role in the K-Wings offense. Heading into game three, half of Kalamazoo's goals have been scored by first year players.
During the regular season, the K-Wings were 10th in the ECHL in killing penalties with a percentage of 84.6%. In the playoffs, Kalamazoo has stepped up their game as they are tied for first in penalty killing at 100%.
On the Road
The K-Wings will play the next three games of the best-of-seven series on the road. During the regular season, Kalamazoo was 20-14-0-2 away from Wings Stadium.
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Catch all the action as your K-Wings play the very best the ECHL has to offer. Tickets are on sale now by stopping by the Wings Stadium Ticket Office or at any Ticketmaster location.
What's Going On
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto the team's website at www.kwings.com . The site has player profiles, video on your hometown team, and much, much more including our current promotional schedule .
Follow the K-Wings on the road during the Kelly Cup Playoffs at Old Burdick's Wings West. Old Burdick's Wings West will host watch parties for every K-Wings road playoff contest.
K-Wings on Radio
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Radio Network (92.5 FM WZUU & on kwings.com). Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pre-game coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 20 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your radio tuned this season to the K-Wings Radio Network.
Friday, April 25th @ Greenville 7:00 PM (Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Game Four)
Saturday, April 26th @ Greenville 7:00 PM (Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Game Five)
*Tuesday, April 29th Vs Greenville 7:00 PM (Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Game Six)
*Wednesday, April 30th Vs Greenville 7:00 PM (Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Game Seven)
(* Denotes Games that Will Only Be Played If Necessary)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 23, 2014
- Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Solar Bears Lose Nail-Biter 2-1 to Cincinnati - Orlando Solar Bears
- Froese's Late Strike Sends Cyclones Past Solar Bears, 2-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Road Warriors Win Game Three in Overtime - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Berkstresser lifts Road Warriors past K-Wings in overtime - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condon Incredible Again in 1-0 Game Three Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Edge Stingrays 1-0 in Game 3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Altitude Sports & Entertainment To Broadcast Game 5 - Colorado Eagles
- Condors Take Series Lead; Host Games Four and Five Thursday and Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - April 23 - ECHL
- Playoff Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Stockton Thunder - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Go for Playoff Sweep at Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Goaltender Igor Bobkov to Rejoin Utah in Bakersfield - Utah Grizzlies
- Stingrays Playoff Game Preview: Stingrays Battle Nailers in Game 3 Tonight in Wheeling, West Virgini - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Playoff Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Cincinnati Cyclones - April 23 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Road Warriors vs. Wings Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers vs. Stingrays Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings at Road Warrrios Game Three Eastern Conf. Quarters - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - April 23 - ECHL
- Condors Rally in OT Thriller; Bakersfield Takes 2-Games-To-1 Series Lead - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Shock Reign 5-2, Take 3-0 Series Lead - Stockton Thunder
- Bakersfield Beats Utah in Overtime to Take 2-1 Series Lead - Utah Grizzlies
- Reign Can't Counter Thunder Strikes and Fall 5-2 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kalamazoo Wings Stories
- Two Third Period Goals Help K-Wings Earn a Point in OT Loss
- Sorenson Leads Comeback, But Banged up Wings Fall in Fort Wayne
- Buzzer-Beating Game-Tying Goal Overturned, K-Wings Lose
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of February 17
- Sandler Nets Hat Trick, But Second Period Dooms Wings