Wranglers' Season Comes to Close with 3-2 Game Four Loss to Aces
Las Vegas - The Las Vegas Wranglers dropped a decisive Game Four to the visiting Alaska Aces, officially ending their season on Friday night at Orleans Arena. With the game knotted up 2-2 late in the second period, Alaska's Peter Sivak scored his second of the night to break the deadlock and put the Aces on top 3-2. The goal would prove to be the eventual game-winner, as Alaska clinched the best-of-seven series four games to none with the 3-2 win. Wranglers' goaltender and ECHL regular season saves-leader Travis Fullerton made 34 stops on the night, giving him 137 total in the series.
For the second straight game the Aces would strike first, as Peter Sivak (4) gave Alaska a 1-0 lead 8:15 into the opening period, assisted by John Ramage (2) and Brendan Connolly (5). The Aces would then double their lead off Zach McKelvie's first goal of the postseason, assisted by Drew MacKenzie (2) and Bret Findlay (3).
Trailing 2-0, the Wranglers would answer midway through the second frame, as Carlo Finucci (1) cut the Aces' lead to 2-1, assisted by Brendan Rempel (1) and Eddie DelGrosso (1). Chris Francis would then tie the game up 2-2 with his first of the postseason, assisted by John Armstrong (1) and Charlie Cook (1) with 3:57 to go in the period. But Alaska would recapture the lead with just 24 seconds to go in the frame as Sivak scored his second of the night, a power-play goal assisted by Nick Mazzolini (8) and Ramage (3), putting the Aces back on top 3-2.
That would be all the scoring the game would see, as despite a late flurry of offensive chances for the Wranglers, the Aces would take the game 3-2, and the series 4-0.
With the loss, the Wranglers 2013-14 season and 11th in the city of Las Vegas comes to a conclusion. Fans are encouraged to stay tuned to the team's social media accounts on both Facebook and Twitter ( @WranglersLV ) as well as our website at wranglers.co for up to date information regarding our 2014-15 hockey season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 25, 2014
- Wranglers' Season Comes to Close with 3-2 Game Four Loss to Aces - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Frustrating Series Ends Grizzlies Season in Bakersfield - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Take the Series Lead with 2-1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Steelheads Hold off Eagles to Take Series Lead - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets Rail Reading 3-1, Gain 3-1 Series Lead - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Offense Comes up Empty Again in Loss to Fort Wayne - Reading Royals
- Nailers Sweep Stingrays with 4-2 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Kalamazoo defeats Greenville in game four 4- - Kalamazoo Wings
- Clermont, Tanski Push Solar Bears Past Cyclones 2-0 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Solar Bears Stave off Elimination, Beat Cyclones 2-0 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays' Season Closes with 4-2 Loss to Nailers in Game 4 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Knocked off 4-1 in Game Four - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - April 25 - ECHL
- Condors vs. Utah - Game 5 with Team Card Sets Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Gladiators Zamboni to Appear at Atlanta Motor Speedway - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Road Warriors vs. Wings Friday, April 25, 2014 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Cincinnati Cyclones - April 25 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Stingrays Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Playoff Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings at Greenville Road Warriors Game Four - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Playoff Game Preview: Stingrays and Wheeling Nailers Collide in Game 4 Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - April 25 - ECHL
- Buzzer-Beating Condors Stun Utah in OT; Game 5 Is Friday at Home - Bakersfield Condors
- Bakersfield Again Ties Late; Beats Utah in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Wranglers Stories
- Las Vegas Wranglers to Return to the Ice for 2015-16 Season
- Wranglers' Season Comes to Close with 3-2 Game Four Loss to Aces
- Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1
- Wranglers Fall to Aces in Game Two Nail-Biter, 3-1
- Wranglers Dropped by Aces in Game One, 5-1