Wranglers Dropped by Aces in Game One, 5-1
Anchorage, Alaska. - The Las Vegas Wranglers fell in game one of the Western Conference Quarter Finals, 5-1 to the Alaska Aces, and now trail the best-of-seven series 1-0.
With the game knotted up 1-1 in the first period, the Aces used four unanswered goals to top Las Vegas at Sullivan Arena in Anchorage. Wranglers' goaltender Travis Fullerton made 35 saves in the loss, with game two set for 8:15pm PST tomorrow night in Alaska.
The Aces would draw first blood midway through the opening period, as Nick Mazzolini put Alaska on top 1-0 at the 12:13 mark, assisted by Peter Sivak (1). The Wranglers would answer right back as three minutes later, John Armstrong tied the game up 1-1 with his first of the postseason, assisted by Chad Nehring (1). Alaska's Drew MacKenzie would then break through on the power-play with just 1:59 to go in the frame, putting the Aces back on top 2-1. Jordan Morrison made it a 3-1 game with his first of two on the night, lighting the lamp just 26 seconds later.
Alaska would then add another to their total, with Morrison's second of the game giving the Aces a 4-1 lead just 37 seconds into the second period.
Neither team would score again until 18:45 into the final frame, when Peter Sivak (1) made it a 5-1 game, assisted by Mazzolini, his third point of the night.
The full box score of tonight's game can be found here.
The Wranglers and Aces will face off again tomorrow night, Saturday, April 19 at 8:15pm PST in game number two of the best-of-seven opening round series. After that, the teams will make their way back to Las Vegas for games three through five on Wednesday, April 23, Friday April 25 and if necessary, Saturday, April 26. The winner of the series advances to the ECHL's Western Conference Semi-Finals, for a second round date with either the Colorado Eagles or Idaho Steelheads.
Las Vegas Wranglers 2013-14 playoff tickets are on sale now! With five different options for groups of 10 or more, a Wranglers playoff game is the perfect way to celebrate with friends, host a unique corporate outing, or fundraise for your organization! Individual adult tickets start at $21 while youths are just $8, with special options for discounts on "Strip Tickets" for the entire postseason schedule! Groups of 10-plus can also save 35 percent off game-day ticket prices, and luxury packages start at just $300 with food and drink options available. For more information, contact the Wranglers front office at (702) 471-7825 or visit wranglers.co . Don't forget to find the Wranglers on Facebook and follow @WranglersLV on Twitter for the latest updates!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 19, 2014
- Colorado Evens Series with 3-1 Victory - Idaho Steelheads
- Eagles Drown the Steelheads 3-1 in Game 2 - Colorado Eagles
- Steffes Scores Early in the First, But Condors Fall in Game Two - Bakersfield Condors
- Kalamazoo defeats Greenville in game two 3-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Even Series with Dramatic Win over Fort Wayne, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Kuhnhackl Gives Nailers 2-0 Series Lead - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Warriors Fall in Physical Battle against Wings - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Battle; Fall to Nailers in Overtime in Game 2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Playoff Preview - Ontario Reign at Stockton Thunder - Ontario Reign
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Greenville Road Warriors Game Two - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - April 19 - ECHL
- Thunder Trying for Win #2 Tonight vs. Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Nailers at Stingrays Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Playoff Game Preview: Stingrays Take on Nailers Tonight in Game 2 of Eastern Conference Qu - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - April 19 - ECHL
- Aces rip off four unanswered goals, cruise to Game 1 win - Alaska Aces
- Wranglers Dropped by Aces in Game One, 5-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stockton Brings the Thunder in Game 1 vs. Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Brossoit Stops 26 as Condors Blank Utah, 1-0 - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Drop Game 1 in Stockton, 3-1 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Wranglers Stories
- Las Vegas Wranglers to Return to the Ice for 2015-16 Season
- Wranglers' Season Comes to Close with 3-2 Game Four Loss to Aces
- Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1
- Wranglers Fall to Aces in Game Two Nail-Biter, 3-1
- Wranglers Dropped by Aces in Game One, 5-1