Hogs and Wild Rendezvous in Weekend Finale
Rockford, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs match up with the Iowa Wild tonight at the BMO Center in the second matchup of the weekend and the ninth of the season between the two Central Division rivals. After last night's win over Iowa, Rockford now sits at fourth place in the Central with 50 points (22-16-4-2) while Iowa is just one game ahead in third place with 52 points (22-14-4-4).
It's Military Appreciation Night at the BMO Center, and our salute to active and veteran military members includes a camouflage fleece blanket giveaway, courtesy of Dental Dimensions! You can also help support active and veteran military personnel by purchasing one of our Red, White or Blue packages.
All packages include tickets donated to military personnel, four tickets for our Military Appreciation Night for all package purchasers, and video board recognition at the game for all package purchasers. Check out all package options here.
2022-23 Season Records
Rockford: 22-16-4-2, 50 points (4th, Central Division)
Iowa: 22-14-4-4, 52 points (3rd, Central Division
Players to Watch
Rockford all-star forward Lukas Reichel tallied his 15th goal of the season against the Wild on Friday night, marking four points in four games. Reichel is tied for 18th in league scoring with 41 points.
Iowa forward Nick Swaney scored two goals against the IceHogs on Friday night, registering his second two-point night in four games.
Last Game Highlights
Rockford topped the Iowa Wild with a 3-2 shootout win on Friday night, marking the Hogs' second shootout win in two consecutive games. Brett Seney and Lukas Reichel notched Rockford's two regulation goals; Luke Philp provided the shootout winner after a scoreless overtime. Goaltender Arvid Soderblom won his second straight start and finished with 31 saves and four stops in the shootout.
For The First Time
After Friday night's 3-2 shootout victory, Rockford picked up its first extra time win of the season against Iowa. The season series between the Hogs and Wild has concluded in overtime or a shootout six times this season, and Iowa had won each occurence until exception of last night. Rockford and Iowa have both reached overtime 15 times this season and are both tied for the league lead in overtime appearances.
Netminder Arvid Soderblom has started the last five games for the IceHogs and has begun to stack solid performances. In his last three starts, Soderblom has stopped 91 of 98 shots for a .929 save percentage in that span. The Swedish backstop has started to regain his form after suffering a groin injury in December and now has a 3-5-2-0 record with a 3.78 goals-against average and a .872 save percentage this season.
Return of Reichel
After posting just one point in his first five games back from the Chicago Blackhawks, Lukas Reichel has four points (1G, 3A) in his last four games. The forward ranks third in scoring amongst IceHogs skaters and is now up to 41 points on the season (15G, 26A).
Taming the Wild
Rookie forward Cole Guttman leads Rockford with seven points (4G, 3A) in seven games against Iowa this season. The centerman has posted points in six of his seven contests against the Wild, including a two-goal performance on Dec. 13 in Des Moines. Guttman registered an assist on Lukas Reichel's third-period tally last night and now is up to 27 points (14G, 13A) on the campaign.
Back in the Win Column
Friday's victory over Iowa and Tuesday's triumph over the Manitoba Moose gave Rockford back-to-back wins for the first time since Dec. 31 against the Chicago Wolves and Jan. 3 vs. the Texas Stars. The Hogs suffered a seven-game losing stretch from Jan. 14 to Jan. 27, but have now picked up points in four of their last five contests. Rockford is seeking its third consecutive win for the fourth time this season.
Return Of The Screw: Screw City IceHogs Back February 11
After the success and positive response from the Rockford IceHogs' Screw City debut on December 9, the team will play as the Screw City IceHogs for the second time this season on Saturday, Feb. 11 against the Milwaukee Admirals. The Screw City IceHogs identity includes a unique logo and jersey that pays homage to Rockford's deep history of manufacturing screws, while staying true to the IceHogs' primary colors of red and black. For those who missed out on the merchandise from the Screw City debut, there is a robust selection of Screw City items in the IceHogs team store at the BMO Center, including hats, shirts, and pucks. Fans can also preorder a Screw City IceHogs replica jersey online now. Learn more about the Screw City IceHogs at IceHogs.com/ScrewCity.
Tune In LIVE on the IceHogs Broadcast Network Presented by BMO
Watch and listen to every game this season on the IceHogs Broadcast Network presented by BMO! Listen from your favorite device, at home, or on the road at IceHogs.com and on the IceHogs app and watch LIVE on AHLTV and selected games on 23.3 Circle TV! Fans can also tune in on all of Mid-West Family's local stations including 104.9 The X, B103, 95.3 The Bull, and Rockford Greatest Hits 100.5 and featured on Rock River Current, the Stateline's premiere source for local events, news and culture.
2022-23 Head-to-Head Schedule (all times Central):
Sun., Nov. 6 vs. Iowa, 4-5 SOL Recap & Highlights
Fri., Dec. 9 vs. Iowa, 2-3 SOL Recap & Highlights
Sat., Dec. 10 vs. Iowa, 2-3 OTL Recap & Highlights
Tues., Dec. 13 at Iowa, 7-4 W Recap & Highlights
Sat., Jan. 7 at Iowa, 1-2 OTL Recap & Highlights
Sun., Jan. 8 at Iowa, 1-4 L Recap & Highlights
Tue., Jan. 24 at Iowa, 1-2 OTL Recap & Highlights
Fri., Feb. 3 vs. Iowa, 3-2 SOW Recap & Highlights
Sat., Feb. 4 vs. Iowa, 7:00 p.m.
Sun., Feb. 19 at Iowa, 3:00 p.m.
Fri., Feb. 24 at Iowa, 7:00 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 25 vs. Iowa, 7:00 p.m.
IceHogs vs. Wild, All-Time
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2023
- Gibson's Shutout Helps Firebirds To 30th Win Of Season - Coachella Valley Firebirds
- Griffins Win 500th Road Game with 4-3 Shootout Win Over Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lynch Completes Wild Sweep with OT Winner in Front of Sold out BMO Center - Rockford IceHogs
- Wild Fall 3-2 to IceHogs in Overtime, Extend Point Streak to 14 Games - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Blanked at Coachella Valley - San Diego Gulls
- Durandeau Scores Twice, Schneider Makes 34 Saves On Saturday - Bridgeport Islanders
- Stars Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Griffins - Texas Stars
- Phantoms Pummel Past Hershey 5-1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devin Cooley Notches Win And Ends With 33 Saves - Manitoba Moose
- Charlotte Slams Syracuse 5-3 for Fifth Straight Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Ice-O-Topes Summon Magical Comeback Win Over Isles - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sanford Goal Caps Comeback Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Downed by Checkers, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Split Lumberjacks Weekend with Wolves After 3-2 Loss - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Suffer 5-1 Loss to Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Lose Last Game Before All-Star Break - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Fritz Scores Game-Winner in 300th Career AHL Game as Pack Rout Penguins 8-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolves Rally Past Monsters 3-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Lose Home Game to Bruins, 4-1 - Utica Comets
- Merkulov Stays Hot, Scores Game-Winning Goal In P-Bruins Victory Over Comets - Providence Bruins
- Barracuda Edged by Canucks, 3-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Canucks Extend Winning Streak to Three, Sweep San Jose with 3-2 Road Victory - Abbotsford Canucks
- All-Star Preview: Matthew Phillips - Calgary Wranglers
- Ronnie Attard Named to AHL All-Star Classic - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Roster Changes Announced for 2023 Bell AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Hogs and Wild Rendezvous in Weekend Finale - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Host Laval Rocket in Saturday Matinee - Toronto Marlies
- Wolf Pack Battle Penguins in Crucial Atlantic Division Tilt - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild at Rockford IceHogs - Iowa Wild
- Game Preview: Bears vs Phantoms, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #46 - Roadrunners at Reign - Tucson Roadrunners
- Bridgeport Islanders Face Thunderbirds Tonight at 7:05 p.m. - Bridgeport Islanders
- Roadrunners Secure 2-0 Shutout Victory in Series Opener against Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Blanked by Roadrunners - Ontario Reign
- Twarynski's Late Goal Sends Firebirds Over Gulls - Coachella Valley Firebirds
- Wranglers Take Down Condors - Calgary Wranglers
- San Diego Unsuccessful at Coachella Valley - San Diego Gulls
- Silver Knights Fall, 2-1, to the Eagles at Home - Henderson Silver Knights
- Barracuda Clipped by Canucks 3-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Nils Höglander Completes Comeback In 3-2 Victory Over San Jose - Abbotsford Canucks
- Colorado Bounces Back with 2-1 Victory at Henderson - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Go Moose Stomping - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.