Heartlanders' Beraldo Scores Late Goal, Landers Get Another Point
Indianapolis, IN - Adrien Beraldo knuckled a puck in on a left point shot with 3:36 to go, and the Iowa Heartlanders earned another point by forcing overtime in a 4-3 defeat at the Indy Fuel Saturday at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Jake Smith assisted that late tying goal and scored his eight of the season, giving him seven goals in his last four contests.
Corbin Kaczperski blocked 35 shots. Jared Thomas beat him on overtime's second shot with 4:15 to go in the extra session.
The Heartlanders surrendered the game's first goal, but responded and tallied the next two, leading, 2-1, after one. Connor Graham nicked in his first Iowa goal at 8:17; to kick start the play, Jeff Solow rounded the corner and drove the right goal post, handing it to Graham. The ECHL rookie slammed in the goal through the goaltender's legs. Smith followed up with a pure snipe from the right-wing circle, aiming far post over Gillam's blocker.
Indy scored twice in the second; one early from Ryan Zuhlsdorf (1:44) and another late from Mandat (17:42) to retake the lead, 3-2. The Heartlanders then tied the game on the Beraldo left point far floater.
Mitch Gillam faced 19 shots and allowed three goals in victory.
The Heartlanders continue a five-game road trip at Indy Sun., Jan. 16 at 2:00 p.m. The road trip continues with a contest at Toledo Fri., Jan. 21 at 6:15 p.m., and games at Wheeling Sat., Jan. 22 at 6:15 p.m. and Sun., Jan. 23 at 3:10 p.m.
Upcoming Home Games
Wednesday, January 26th at 7:00 p.m. vs. Indy - College Night
Friday, January 28th at 7:00 p.m. vs. Kalamazoo - Boy Scouts Night
Saturday, January 29th at 7:00 p.m. vs. Kalamazoo - Marvel © theme night
Season ticket memberships, group tickets, mini-plans, flex vouchers and single-game tickets are available for the Heartlanders inaugural season by calling 319-569-GOAL and visiting iowaheartlanders.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 15, 2022
- Point Earns Shutout in Steelheads 6-0 Road Rout over Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall in a Shootout - Allen Americans
- Rush Claim 5-3 Win over Thunder on #ILOVEWICHITA Night - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Win Streak Ends at Five Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rush Best Thunder, 5-3, for Third Straight Win - Rapid City Rush
- Rinaldi Leads Offense, Rabbits Down Everblades 3-1 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears' Win Streak Snapped in 4-1 Loss to Nailers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Hawkins Puts on a Show as Walleye Shut Down Komets, 3-2 - Toledo Walleye
- McCarron Ties All-Time Points Record in 3-1 Loss to Greenville - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Sneak Away with Overtime Win over Iowa - Indy Fuel
- Railers Take Down Royals 2-1 on Marvel Super Hero Night - Worcester Railers HC
- Sunday's Greenville Swamp Rabbits Game Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cockrell's Hat Trick Puts Nailers Back in Win Column - Wheeling Nailers
- All-Star Pritchard Scores First Since December 1 in 2-1 Loss to Railers - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Postpone Sunday Game Due to Inclement Weather - South Carolina Stingrays
- Heartlanders' Beraldo Scores Late Goal, Landers Get Another Point - Iowa Heartlanders
- Admirals Drop Close Defensive Battle to South Carolina, 2-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- Stingrays Fight Hard in Victory - South Carolina Stingrays
- Forward Mason Mitchell Signs PTO with AHL Stockton Heat - Idaho Steelheads
- Lightning Reassign Miftakhov to AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Gameday: Guns N Hoses Night at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Meet Worcester in Second Leg of Back-To-Back at DCU Center - Reading Royals
- Henry and Nielsen Reassigned to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - January 15 - ECHL
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Mariners Sign Rookie Tyler Hinam - Maine Mariners
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Wheeling Nailers: January 15, 2022 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Everblades Aim to Close out Rabbits - Florida Everblades
- Game Day Preview: Americans at KC, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Grizz Win 4-1 on Bradley's 2 Shorthanded Goals - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Fall 4-1 to Grizzlies in Weekend Opener - Idaho Steelheads
- Late Goal Helps Rapid City Sink Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Fitze, Tufto Help Solar Bears Hammer Nailers, 6-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.