Late Goal Helps Rapid City Sink Thunder
WICHITA, Kan. - Calder Brooks scored with three minutes left to help Rapid City knock off Wichita on Friday night, 3-2, at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Dalton Skelly and Logan Fredericks scored for the Thunder while Brayden Watts added two assists.
Brett Gravelle put the Rush on the board at 9:11 of the first period to make it 1-0. He stole the puck near his own line, came down into the Thunder zone and beat Jake Theut for his 12th of the year.
At 15:32, Skelly tied the game as he caught a beautiful pass across the slot from Jay Dickman for his second of the year.
Rapid City regained the lead at 18:59 as Gabriel Chabot scored from in front of the crease. The goal was reviewed to see if he used a kicking motion to put it past Theut, but it was allowed to stand.
In the second, Fredericks tied the game at 5:34. Watts found him on the right circle and he fired home a wrist shot for a shorthanded goal to make it 2-2.
Brooks gave the Rush a 3-2 lead at 16:40 of the third. Derek Perl fired a shot from the right point back towards the net and Brooke redirected it past Theut for his fourth of the year.
Wichita pulled Theut down the stretch, but couldn't get the equalizer and Rapid City claimed the 3-2 win.
Watts has 26 helpers, giving him 33 points. He is tied for seventh in points and tied for the league-lead in assists. Dickman has assists in back-to-back games. Clarke added an assist, giving him points in five-straight.
Wichita closes out its three-game series against Rapid City tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m.
Single game tickets are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the Wichita Thunder office located at 505 W. Maple, Suite 100, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On weekday game days, the Thunder office closes at 4 p.m. Click here to purchase online!
ï»¿Fans can also purchase tickets at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and starting at noon on weekend game days.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are still available. Join Thunder Nation today and lock in your seat(s) for all 36 home games at INTRUST Bank Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 15, 2022
- Point Earns Shutout in Steelheads 6-0 Road Rout over Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall in a Shootout - Allen Americans
- Rush Claim 5-3 Win over Thunder on #ILOVEWICHITA Night - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Win Streak Ends at Five Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rush Best Thunder, 5-3, for Third Straight Win - Rapid City Rush
- Rinaldi Leads Offense, Rabbits Down Everblades 3-1 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears' Win Streak Snapped in 4-1 Loss to Nailers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Hawkins Puts on a Show as Walleye Shut Down Komets, 3-2 - Toledo Walleye
- McCarron Ties All-Time Points Record in 3-1 Loss to Greenville - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Sneak Away with Overtime Win over Iowa - Indy Fuel
- Railers Take Down Royals 2-1 on Marvel Super Hero Night - Worcester Railers HC
- Sunday's Greenville Swamp Rabbits Game Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cockrell's Hat Trick Puts Nailers Back in Win Column - Wheeling Nailers
- All-Star Pritchard Scores First Since December 1 in 2-1 Loss to Railers - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Postpone Sunday Game Due to Inclement Weather - South Carolina Stingrays
- Heartlanders' Beraldo Scores Late Goal, Landers Get Another Point - Iowa Heartlanders
- Admirals Drop Close Defensive Battle to South Carolina, 2-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- Stingrays Fight Hard in Victory - South Carolina Stingrays
- Forward Mason Mitchell Signs PTO with AHL Stockton Heat - Idaho Steelheads
- Lightning Reassign Miftakhov to AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Gameday: Guns N Hoses Night at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Meet Worcester in Second Leg of Back-To-Back at DCU Center - Reading Royals
- Henry and Nielsen Reassigned to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - January 15 - ECHL
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Mariners Sign Rookie Tyler Hinam - Maine Mariners
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Wheeling Nailers: January 15, 2022 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Everblades Aim to Close out Rabbits - Florida Everblades
- Game Day Preview: Americans at KC, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Grizz Win 4-1 on Bradley's 2 Shorthanded Goals - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Fall 4-1 to Grizzlies in Weekend Opener - Idaho Steelheads
- Late Goal Helps Rapid City Sink Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Fitze, Tufto Help Solar Bears Hammer Nailers, 6-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.