Grizz Win 4-1 on Bradley's 2 Shorthanded Goals
West Valley City, Utah - Trey Bradley scored 2 shorthanded goals and Brian Bowen and Matthew Boucher each scored their 9th goals of the season to lead the Utah Grizzlies to a 4-1 win over the Idaho Steelheads on a Friday night at Maverik Center.
Chase Zieky got Idaho on the board first as he scored his 6th of the season 7:26 into the game. Zieky has 3 goals in his last 2 games. Brian Bowen tied the game with 2:43 left in the first period on a wraparound shot. The score was tied at 1 after 20 minutes of play with Idaho outshooting Utah 9 to 6.
Trey Bradley scored shorthanded 1:33 into the second period. That goal turned out to be the game winner as Utah has now won 6 straight at home. Boucher made it a 3-1 game as he has scored 9 goals in his last 11 games. Utah outshot Idaho 9 to 4 in the second period and Utah outshot Idaho 32 to 25 for the night. Utah outscored Idaho 2-0 in the second period. For the season Utah has outscored opponents 50 to 29. The Grizzlies are now 14-0 when leading after 2 period.
Bradley's empty net shorthanded goal with 1:29 left in regulation finished the scoring as Tyler Penner picked up his 11th assist of the year. Bradley leads Utah with 10 multiple point games this season. Utah leads the league with 12 shorthanded goals this season.
Peyton Jones was solid in net as he saved 24 of 25 to pick up his team leading 8th win of the season. Idaho's Jake Kupsky saved 28 of 31.
The annual Guns N Hoses night is on Saturday in the 2nd game of the 6 game Grizzlies homestand. There are 2 charity games at Maverik Center starting at 1 pm leading up to the Grizzlies game at 7:10 pm. A ticket to the Grizzlies game will also get you into the charity games. Tickets are available at utahgrizzlies.com or by calling (801) 988-8000.
1. Trey Bradley (Utah) - 2 shorthanded goals.
2. Brian Bowen (Utah) - 1 goal.
3. Peyton Jones (Utah) - 24 of 25 saves.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 15, 2022
- Point Earns Shutout in Steelheads 6-0 Road Rout over Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall in a Shootout - Allen Americans
- Rush Claim 5-3 Win over Thunder on #ILOVEWICHITA Night - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Win Streak Ends at Five Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rush Best Thunder, 5-3, for Third Straight Win - Rapid City Rush
- Rinaldi Leads Offense, Rabbits Down Everblades 3-1 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears' Win Streak Snapped in 4-1 Loss to Nailers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Hawkins Puts on a Show as Walleye Shut Down Komets, 3-2 - Toledo Walleye
- McCarron Ties All-Time Points Record in 3-1 Loss to Greenville - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Sneak Away with Overtime Win over Iowa - Indy Fuel
- Railers Take Down Royals 2-1 on Marvel Super Hero Night - Worcester Railers HC
- Sunday's Greenville Swamp Rabbits Game Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cockrell's Hat Trick Puts Nailers Back in Win Column - Wheeling Nailers
- All-Star Pritchard Scores First Since December 1 in 2-1 Loss to Railers - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Postpone Sunday Game Due to Inclement Weather - South Carolina Stingrays
- Heartlanders' Beraldo Scores Late Goal, Landers Get Another Point - Iowa Heartlanders
- Admirals Drop Close Defensive Battle to South Carolina, 2-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- Stingrays Fight Hard in Victory - South Carolina Stingrays
- Forward Mason Mitchell Signs PTO with AHL Stockton Heat - Idaho Steelheads
- Lightning Reassign Miftakhov to AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Gameday: Guns N Hoses Night at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Meet Worcester in Second Leg of Back-To-Back at DCU Center - Reading Royals
- Henry and Nielsen Reassigned to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - January 15 - ECHL
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Mariners Sign Rookie Tyler Hinam - Maine Mariners
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Wheeling Nailers: January 15, 2022 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Everblades Aim to Close out Rabbits - Florida Everblades
- Game Day Preview: Americans at KC, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Grizz Win 4-1 on Bradley's 2 Shorthanded Goals - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Fall 4-1 to Grizzlies in Weekend Opener - Idaho Steelheads
- Late Goal Helps Rapid City Sink Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Fitze, Tufto Help Solar Bears Hammer Nailers, 6-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.