El Paso Downs Albuquerque, 11-5
Chihuahuas 11 (28-13), Isotopes 5 (21-21) - Isotopes Park - Albuquerque, N.M.
AT THE DISH: All of the Isotopes runs came on the long ball, as Brian Mundell connected on a three-run home run in the third inning and Josh Fuentes hit a two-run home run in the sixth ... Mundell was not retired at the plate, finishing the day 4-for-4 with a walk. Mundell is now hitting .389 with a 1.072 OPS, however he does not have enough at bats to qualify among the league-leaders.
TOEING THE RUBBER: Coming off of three-straight impressive outings, Isotopes starter Jeff Hoffman took the loss, falling to 3-3 on the season. The right-hander allowed eight runs on nine hits over 5.2 innings, striking out four and walking four ... Evan Grills relieved Hoffman in the sixth inning and allowed three runs over 1.1 innings on the hill .... Matt Pierpont and Phillip Diehl each recorded a scoreless inning in relief.
TOPES TIDBITS: With four strikeouts, Hoffman is now three away from tying John Ely's franchise record of 313 strikeouts as an Isotopes ... Hoffman's 108 pitches was the most thrown this season by an Albuquerque pitcher. The previous high was 103, last thrown by Chi Chi Gonzalez on May 2 ... The Isotopes were 1-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left nine on base.
ON DECK: El Paso Margaritas at Mariachis de Nuevo México, 6:35 p.m. MT, Isotopes Park ... Postgame fireworks presented by Modelo Especial ... Gates open early at 4:00 p.m.
PROBABLES: Chihuahuas: RHP Fernando Rodriguez (1-0, 4.22), Isotopes: TBA
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 18, 2019
- Aces Strap up Their Boots in Victory over Rainiers - Reno Aces
- Bishop Collects Two Hits But Rainiers Cannot Close Early Gap in Reno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Bees and Aviators Split Twin Bill - Salt Lake Bees
- Isotopes Overpower Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ravelo Moves Hitting Streak to 13 in 6-4 Memphis Loss - Memphis Redbirds
- Mariachis Put the Margaritas on Ice with 12-2 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Ride Early Lead to 7-6 Win Against Omaha - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Oklahoma City Holds off Omaha 7-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Another Night, Another Late Rally for the Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Bested by Nashville 6-3 - Round Rock Express
- Home Runs Lift Sounds over Express - Nashville Sounds
- River Cats Game Postponed - Sacramento River Cats
- Sacramento at Fresno Postponed - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces to Host 4 Millionth Fan at Greater Nevada Field Sunday, May 19 - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Memphis Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (14-26) vs. Round Rock Express (25-15) - Nashville Sounds
- I-Cubs and Baby Cakes Postponed, Play Twin Bill Sunday - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (21-20) at San Antonio Missions (24-17) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 18, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Making Progress in a Rehabilitation Start - San Antonio Missions
- Kieboom's 3-Run Walk-Off HR Splits Fresno DH with Sacramento - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces Beat the Rainiers 7-6 in Walk-Off Fashion - Reno Aces
- River Cats split Friday night doubleheader with Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Build Early Lead, Lose on Walk-Off in Reno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Vosler Leads Charge in Chihuahuas' Hit Parade - El Paso Chihuahuas
- El Paso Downs Albuquerque, 11-5 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Pops Round Rock 9-3 - Round Rock Express
- Jimmy Nelson Shines in Missions Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Storm Chasers Even Series in OKC with 11-9 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Dillard's Arm, Cole's Bat Lead Sounds Past Express - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.