Home Runs Lift Sounds over Express
ROUND ROCK - Four home runs gave Nashville the offense they needed to defeat Round Rock 6-3. Seth Maness allowed just one run in five innings in his second win of the season.
Patrick Wisdom hit the first home run for the Sounds to lead off the second inning. Hunter Cole would hit his own solo homer in the third inning to give the Sounds a 2-0 lead.
Round Rock would respond with a run in the bottom of the third when Myles Straw singled to score Garrett Stubbs to make it a 2-1 game.
The Sounds would score two more runs in the fourth when Matt Davidson hit a two-run homer that also scored Jose Trevino. That made the score 4-1.
Delino DeShields would double in the top of the fifth to score Zack Granite and extend the Sounds lead 5-1.
Sounds' starter Maness had a great outing for Nashville after finishing the fifth. He allowed just one run on six hits and no walks while striking out three.
Nashville would score one more in the top of the eight when Wisdom went on to hit his second solo shot of the game. The game was then at 6-2.
Round Rock would threaten a comeback in the bottom of the ninth when they scored two runs but would leave the bases loaded as Nashville would hold them off, 6-3.
Game four of the series will start at 1:05 p.m. on Sunday. Nashville will start left-hander Wes Benjamin (1-5, 8.54) and Round Rock will start left-hander Cionel Perez (0-0, 6.35).
With today's 6-3 win, the Sounds are now 15-26 on the season.
Nashville's four home runs tied a season-high, where they last achieved the feat on April 15 at San Antonio.
Seth Maness has now gone at least five innings while pitching less than 80 pitches in each of his four starts this season.
Patrick Wisdom is the second Sound to homer twice in one game this season. Matt Davidson was the first to do it on April 30 versus Omaha.
Jose Trevino left the game in the top of the sixth and was replaced by Jett Bandy.
David Carpenter allowed his first run of the season in the ninth. His scoreless innings streak was stopped at 10.2.
The 2019 season is the 42nd in Nashville Sounds franchise history and first as the Triple-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers. Single-game tickets are available now by calling (615) 690-4487 or by visiting www.nashvillesounds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 18, 2019
- Aces Strap up Their Boots in Victory over Rainiers - Reno Aces
- Bishop Collects Two Hits But Rainiers Cannot Close Early Gap in Reno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Bees and Aviators Split Twin Bill - Salt Lake Bees
- Isotopes Overpower Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ravelo Moves Hitting Streak to 13 in 6-4 Memphis Loss - Memphis Redbirds
- Mariachis Put the Margaritas on Ice with 12-2 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Ride Early Lead to 7-6 Win Against Omaha - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Oklahoma City Holds off Omaha 7-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Another Night, Another Late Rally for the Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Bested by Nashville 6-3 - Round Rock Express
- Home Runs Lift Sounds over Express - Nashville Sounds
- River Cats Game Postponed - Sacramento River Cats
- Sacramento at Fresno Postponed - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces to Host 4 Millionth Fan at Greater Nevada Field Sunday, May 19 - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Memphis Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (14-26) vs. Round Rock Express (25-15) - Nashville Sounds
- I-Cubs and Baby Cakes Postponed, Play Twin Bill Sunday - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (21-20) at San Antonio Missions (24-17) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 18, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Making Progress in a Rehabilitation Start - San Antonio Missions
- Kieboom's 3-Run Walk-Off HR Splits Fresno DH with Sacramento - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces Beat the Rainiers 7-6 in Walk-Off Fashion - Reno Aces
- River Cats split Friday night doubleheader with Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Build Early Lead, Lose on Walk-Off in Reno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Vosler Leads Charge in Chihuahuas' Hit Parade - El Paso Chihuahuas
- El Paso Downs Albuquerque, 11-5 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Pops Round Rock 9-3 - Round Rock Express
- Jimmy Nelson Shines in Missions Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Storm Chasers Even Series in OKC with 11-9 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Dillard's Arm, Cole's Bat Lead Sounds Past Express - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds Named Baseball America's Triple-A Freitas Award Winner
- Sounds' Holiday Bundle on Sale Friday
- Sounds Announce 2020 Schedule
- Sounds to Host Job Fair for GLOW Nashville on Monday, October 28 at First Tennessee Park
- Nashville Sounds Nominated for Prestigious Minor League Baseball Honor