Williams Loaned to Rochester; Fortunato Returns & Icemen Add Two Players
JACKSONVILLE, FL - The Jacksonville Icemen, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's New York Rangers and the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack announced today that goaltender Charles Williams has been loaned to Rochester of the American Hockey League (AHL). In addition, defenseman Brandon Fortunato has been returned to the Icemen on loan to Hartford, while the Icemen have also added forward David Nippard and goaltender Stephen Mundinger.
Williams earns the AHL call-up having posted a 9-5-1 record, with a 2.11 goals-against average and a 0.916 save percentage. Last season, the 5-11, 179-pound netminder was named the ECHL Goaltender of the Month for April of 2021. Williams has made six career AHL appearances in stints with Hartford and the Ontario Reign.
Fortunato returns to Jacksonville where he has logged nine points (9a) in 13 games. The 5-11, 170 pound blue liner appeared in three games with the Wolf Pack during his recent call-up.
Nippard joins the Icemen from the Southern Professional Hockey League's (SPHL) Birmingham Bulls. The 5-10, 181-pound forward has recorded 8 points (1g, 7a) with 100 penalty minutes in 25 games with the Bulls this season.
Mundinger brings size to the Icemen net. The 6-8, 236-pound goaltender has made six collegiate appearances with University of Maine and most recently with Long Island University. Mundinger was recently with the Maine Mariners (ECHL) and was in training camp with the Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL).
The Icemen are back in action tonight at Atlanta. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m. Fans can listen to the game at www.mixlr.comjaxicemen or watch online at FloHockey.TV The Icemen return home on Monday, January 17 for the 2022 Warrior ECHL All-Star Classiic. Come cheer on your Icemen as they battle the ECHL All-Stars.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 14, 2022
- Iowa Charges to Force OT vs. Kansas City - Iowa Heartlanders
- Explosive First Period Hands Indy Fourth Straight Win - Indy Fuel
- Rush Strike Late, Beat Thunder, 3-2 - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Fall to Tulsa in OT - Allen Americans
- Admirals Fall to South Carolina in Friday Night Tilt - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Top Americans in Overtime - Tulsa Oilers
- Stingrays Complete Comeback Behind Cherniwchan's Hat Trick - South Carolina Stingrays
- Blades Down Rabbits 3-1 in Weekend Opener - Florida Everblades
- Hoelscher Plays Hero in Overtime for Glads - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Roar Too Loud as the Railers Lose 6-3 - Worcester Railers HC
- Milosek Stops 40 for Toledo, But Kalamazoo Emerges Victorious, 4-2 - Toledo Walleye
- Ebbing Scores Twice as Royals Move into First Place - Reading Royals
- Big Third Period Springs Solar Bears - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - January 14 - ECHL
- Buitenhuis Heads Back to Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- Florida Panthers Sign Evan Fitzpatrick to NHL Deal, Goaltender Assigned to Taxi Squad - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Look to Stay Hot against Last-Place Railers - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Gameday: Homestand Opener vs Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Admirals Announce Make-Up Dates for Two Postponed Home Games - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Frank Hora Signs AHL Deal with Syracuse Crunch - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Wheeling Nailers: January 14, 2022 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Everblades Chomping at the Bit for Greenville Trip - Florida Everblades
- Wichita, Rapid City Round Two Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- With Mariners on Break, Ten Players Earn AHL Call Ups - Maine Mariners
- Nate Clurman Reassigned to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Tulsa, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Assigned High-Scoring Gentile - South Carolina Stingrays
- Glads Return Home to Face Icemen - Atlanta Gladiators
- Former Royals Goaltender Pat Nagle Selected for U.S. Olympic Team - Reading Royals
- Williams Loaned to Rochester; Fortunato Returns & Icemen Add Two Players - Jacksonville Icemen
- Thunder Silenced by Rush, 4-1 - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.