Blades Down Rabbits 3-1 in Weekend Opener
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. -- The Florida Everblades (19-8-3-3) earned their third consecutive win on Friday night with a 3-1 showing against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits (9-15-3-3) at Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
Greenville set the tone with a centering feed goal just 1:52 into the game from Andrew Eastman. Ayden MacDonald and Anthony Beauchamp picked up assists. The Blades wouldn't have to wait to follow up too long as not even two minutes later, John McCarron (3:44) tipped in a shot from the low slot to make the game 1-1. The initial shot came from Jake Kearley at the point and Blake Winiecki also collected a helper. The goal put McCarron just one point shy of tying Reggie Berg for the most points by a single player in Everblades history.
Jake McLaughlin earned the go-ahead marker for the Everblades with a top-shelf wrist shot from the near circle at 5:11 of the second period. Levko Koper and Joe Pendenza also added their name to the scoresheet with assists on the lone goal of the middle stanza.
Koper closed out Greenville's hopes of a comeback by potting an empty netter with 53 seconds to go in the game. McLaughlin and Chris McKay got in on the play to finalize the win at 3-1. Netminder Parker Gahagen stopped 31 of 32 shots faced in the victory.
With the win, The Everblades extend their ECHL best 17 game (13-0-3-1) unbeaten streak on the road this season. The Everblades and Swamp Rabbits will rematch tomorrow night at Bon Secours Wellness Arena with puck drop at 7:05 pm. All of the action will be carried live on FloSports.TV.
The next home game for the Everblades is slated for Friday, Jan. 21 when the Atlanta Gladiators come to town. During each Friday home game of the 2021-22 season, fans can enjoy the action with a brand-new 239 ticket package, which pays tribute to Southwest Florida's area code and provides a great deal! You get two premium seat tickets, two autographed programs, and two Rum buckets for just $39! Additionally, the first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive an Everblades tumbler courtesy of Millennium Physician Group.
Additionally, the Blades play on Saturday, January 22 against Atlanta. Join us for First Responder Night presented by Muscular Dystrophy Association. Enjoy a special tribute to our first responders. Also, enjoy live music from TC Carter from 5-7 pm during our Saturday tailgate.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 14, 2022
- Iowa Charges to Force OT vs. Kansas City - Iowa Heartlanders
- Explosive First Period Hands Indy Fourth Straight Win - Indy Fuel
- Rush Strike Late, Beat Thunder, 3-2 - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Fall to Tulsa in OT - Allen Americans
- Admirals Fall to South Carolina in Friday Night Tilt - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Top Americans in Overtime - Tulsa Oilers
- Stingrays Complete Comeback Behind Cherniwchan's Hat Trick - South Carolina Stingrays
- Blades Down Rabbits 3-1 in Weekend Opener - Florida Everblades
- Hoelscher Plays Hero in Overtime for Glads - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Roar Too Loud as the Railers Lose 6-3 - Worcester Railers HC
- Milosek Stops 40 for Toledo, But Kalamazoo Emerges Victorious, 4-2 - Toledo Walleye
- Ebbing Scores Twice as Royals Move into First Place - Reading Royals
- Big Third Period Springs Solar Bears - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - January 14 - ECHL
- Buitenhuis Heads Back to Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- Florida Panthers Sign Evan Fitzpatrick to NHL Deal, Goaltender Assigned to Taxi Squad - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Look to Stay Hot against Last-Place Railers - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Gameday: Homestand Opener vs Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Admirals Announce Make-Up Dates for Two Postponed Home Games - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Frank Hora Signs AHL Deal with Syracuse Crunch - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Wheeling Nailers: January 14, 2022 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Everblades Chomping at the Bit for Greenville Trip - Florida Everblades
- Wichita, Rapid City Round Two Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- With Mariners on Break, Ten Players Earn AHL Call Ups - Maine Mariners
- Nate Clurman Reassigned to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Tulsa, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Assigned High-Scoring Gentile - South Carolina Stingrays
- Glads Return Home to Face Icemen - Atlanta Gladiators
- Former Royals Goaltender Pat Nagle Selected for U.S. Olympic Team - Reading Royals
- Williams Loaned to Rochester; Fortunato Returns & Icemen Add Two Players - Jacksonville Icemen
- Thunder Silenced by Rush, 4-1 - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- McCarron Sets Everblades Career Points Mark in Atlanta
- Everblades Trade for Defenseman Christian Hausinger
- Everblades and Gladiators to Open Three-Game Week on Monday
- Everblades and Gladiators to Tussle Three Times
- McCarron Ties All-Time Points Record in 3-1 Loss to Greenville