Wichita Opens Five-Game Homestand Tonight vs. Tulsa
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, returns home tonight at 7:05 p.m. to start a five-game homestand against the Tulsa Oilers.
Last night, the Thunder beat the Oilers, 4-3, in a shootout at the BOK Center. Nick Minerva scored a pair of goals and Jay Dickman recorded the game-winner in round six. Carter Johnson added a goal and an assist, extending his goal-scoring streak to three games.
Wichita remains in a tie for fifth place in the Mountain Division with 10 points. Tulsa sits in third place with 13 points.
Evan Buitenhuis improved to 5-5-0-0 om the season. The fourth-year netminder has started every game so far this season for the Thunder. Earlier this week, he was named as the Warrior Hockey ECHL Goalie of the Week.
Daniel Mannella remains near the top of the leaderboard for goaltenders in several categories. He is first in the league in wins (6), second in goals-against average (1.53), and third in save percentage (.945).
Leading the way for the Oilers is Dylan Sadowy and Alex Gilmour who each have nine points. Eddie Matsushima is third with seven points. Dickman leads Wichita with 10 points while Peter Crinella and Matteo Gennaro each have nine points.
Tonight is College Night. All college students with a valid ID can receive a $10 lower bowl ticket.
Single game tickets are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the Wichita Thunder office located at 505 W. Maple, Suite 100, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On weekday game days, the Thunder office closes at 4 p.m. Click here to purchase online!
ï»¿Fans can also purchase tickets at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and starting at noon on weekend game days.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are still available. Join Thunder Nation today and lock in your seat(s) for all 36 home games at INTRUST Bank Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 20, 2021
- GAME REPORT: Oilers Fall to Thunder on the Road - Tulsa Oilers
- Taylor Hat Trick Propels Wings over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Glads Fall Short against Cyclones - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Top Gladiators, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Dickinson, Berry Combine for Eight Points in Toledo Win over Iowa - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers Come Inches Away from a Point in Fort Wayne - Wheeling Nailers
- Jacob Pritchard Scores Highlight Reel Goal But Royals Lose in OT, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Heartlanders Fall Saturday - Iowa Heartlanders
- Railers Take Down Lions 3-1 on Frontline Heroes Night - Worcester Railers HC
- Taylor Hat Trick Fuels K-Wings to Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Icemen Freeze Blades in Shootout - Florida Everblades
- Lions Dealt in Worcester - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Growlers Top Reading 2-1 in Overtime - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Battle to the Final Whistle, But Fall a Goal Short in Orlando - Maine Mariners
- Steelheads Sign Defenseman Jake Cass from Birmingham - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - November 21 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: Clurman Returns to Utah for Saturday Night vs KC - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Dances with Wolves Night vs Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Wichita Opens Five-Game Homestand Tonight vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Mariners: November 20, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Look for Revenge in Battle with First-Place Growlers - Reading Royals
- Glads Ready for Second Tilt of Weekend - Atlanta Gladiators
- Hawerchuk's Overtime Goal Guides Icemen Past Mariners - Jacksonville Icemen
- Everblades Primed to Thaw Icemen - Florida Everblades
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Rapid City, 8:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Americans Fall to Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Offense Comes Alive for Sellout Crowd in 5-1 Steelheads Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Hammer Americans, 6-1 - Rapid City Rush
- KC Defeats Utah 5-2 in Series Opener - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wichita Thunder Stories
- Thunder Unveils 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule
- Crinella Called up to Springfield; Rodrgiue Reassigned to Bakersfield
- NHL Exhibition Game Coming to INTRUST Bank Arena
- Thunder Announces 2021-22 End of Season Team Awards
- Thunder Ends Season with 4-1 Loss vs. Kansas City