Heartlanders Fall Saturday
Toledo, Ohio - Billy Constantinou scored his fourth goal of the season, Yuki Miura generated his first professional point, but the Toledo Walleye scored the game's first five goals and defeated the Iowa Heartlanders, 6-1, Saturday at Huntington Center.
The shot from Constantinou came at even-strength goal with 11:09 gone in the third. Miura dished to Constantinou at the top of the right circle and the rookie rifled it over Billy Christopoulos (win, 16 saves). Kris Bennett recorded the secondary helper. Trevin Kozlowski blocked 34 shots in defeat.
Linemates TJ Hensick, Josh Dickinson and Matthew Berry all scored in a 15-shot first period for Toledo. Hensick tallied at 6:52, assisted by Berry. Dickinson then snapped one in, again from Berry, two minutes later. To honor Berry's playmaking on the first two goals, his linemates found him for the third strike, with the primary helper to Hensick, with 3:51 remaining in the first on a left-circle wrist shot.
Dickinson and Brady Tomlak scored in the second period for Toledo. Dickinson and Berry each had two goals and four points.
The Heartlanders complete the road trip at Ft. Wayne on Sun., Nov. 21 at 4:00 p.m.
Iowa is next at home for another Staybridge Suites home stand Nov. 24, Nov. 26 and Nov. 27. Iowa hosts Kansas City at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday the 24th, then faces Wheeling in back-to-back games on Black Friday and Saturday the 27th, with all puck drops at 7:00 p.m. Season ticket memberships, group tickets, mini-plans, flex vouchers and single-game tickets are available for the Heartlanders inaugural season by calling 319-569-GOAL and visiting iowaheartlanders.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 20, 2021
- GAME REPORT: Oilers Fall to Thunder on the Road - Tulsa Oilers
- Taylor Hat Trick Propels Wings over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Glads Fall Short against Cyclones - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Top Gladiators, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Dickinson, Berry Combine for Eight Points in Toledo Win over Iowa - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers Come Inches Away from a Point in Fort Wayne - Wheeling Nailers
- Jacob Pritchard Scores Highlight Reel Goal But Royals Lose in OT, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Heartlanders Fall Saturday - Iowa Heartlanders
- Railers Take Down Lions 3-1 on Frontline Heroes Night - Worcester Railers HC
- Taylor Hat Trick Fuels K-Wings to Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Icemen Freeze Blades in Shootout - Florida Everblades
- Lions Dealt in Worcester - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Growlers Top Reading 2-1 in Overtime - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Battle to the Final Whistle, But Fall a Goal Short in Orlando - Maine Mariners
- Steelheads Sign Defenseman Jake Cass from Birmingham - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - November 21 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: Clurman Returns to Utah for Saturday Night vs KC - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Dances with Wolves Night vs Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Wichita Opens Five-Game Homestand Tonight vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Mariners: November 20, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Look for Revenge in Battle with First-Place Growlers - Reading Royals
- Glads Ready for Second Tilt of Weekend - Atlanta Gladiators
- Hawerchuk's Overtime Goal Guides Icemen Past Mariners - Jacksonville Icemen
- Everblades Primed to Thaw Icemen - Florida Everblades
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Rapid City, 8:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Americans Fall to Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Offense Comes Alive for Sellout Crowd in 5-1 Steelheads Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Hammer Americans, 6-1 - Rapid City Rush
- KC Defeats Utah 5-2 in Series Opener - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Heartlanders Stories
- Jake Smith Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week
- Smith Scores Late Goal for Heartlanders to Bury Indy, 2-1
- Heartlanders' Beraldo Scores Late Goal, Landers Get Another Point
- Iowa Charges to Force OT vs. Kansas City
- Captain Kris Bennett Selected to ECHL All-Star Classic