GAME REPORT: Oilers Fall to Thunder on the Road
WICHITA, KS - The Oilers lost 5-1 to the Wichita Thunder at INTRUST Bank Arena on Saturday.
Matteo Gennaro opened the scoring 10:08 into the game, guiding a cross-zone feed from Tim Soderlund into the top corner to give Wichita a 1-0 lead.
Soderlund tallied a goal of his own 13:23 into the middle frame, roofing a breakaway chance over the shoulder of Mason McDonald to extend Wichita's lead to two. Jimmy Soper cut the Thunder lead in half, uncorking a wrister from the left circle past Evan Buitenhuis with 2:05 left in the second. Eddie Matshumia picked up the primary assist, giving the centerman four points and three primary assists in his last two outings.
Christian Hausinger fired home a point shot 9:13 into the third period to put the score 3-1 in Wichita's favor. Peter Crinella launched a backhander from beneath the circles with 6:50 left in the third frame, giving the Thunder a three-goal lead. Gennaro iced the game with his second of the game - a power-play goal - with 4:06 remaining, closing the score line 5-1 in Wichita's favor.
Tulsa returns to INTRUST Bank Arena on Friday, Nov. 26 to square off against the Thunder for the third-straight game. The Oilers then come home for back-to-back games against the Utah Grizzlies at the BOK Center on Saturday, Nov. 27 and Sunday, Nov. 28. Saturday's game starts at 7:05 p.m., and the team's annual Adopt-an-Oiler Auction will take place in the RiverSpirit Lounge after the game.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 20, 2021
- GAME REPORT: Oilers Fall to Thunder on the Road - Tulsa Oilers
- Taylor Hat Trick Propels Wings over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Glads Fall Short against Cyclones - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Top Gladiators, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Dickinson, Berry Combine for Eight Points in Toledo Win over Iowa - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers Come Inches Away from a Point in Fort Wayne - Wheeling Nailers
- Jacob Pritchard Scores Highlight Reel Goal But Royals Lose in OT, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Heartlanders Fall Saturday - Iowa Heartlanders
- Railers Take Down Lions 3-1 on Frontline Heroes Night - Worcester Railers HC
- Taylor Hat Trick Fuels K-Wings to Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Icemen Freeze Blades in Shootout - Florida Everblades
- Lions Dealt in Worcester - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Growlers Top Reading 2-1 in Overtime - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Battle to the Final Whistle, But Fall a Goal Short in Orlando - Maine Mariners
- Steelheads Sign Defenseman Jake Cass from Birmingham - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - November 21 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: Clurman Returns to Utah for Saturday Night vs KC - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Dances with Wolves Night vs Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Wichita Opens Five-Game Homestand Tonight vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Mariners: November 20, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Look for Revenge in Battle with First-Place Growlers - Reading Royals
- Glads Ready for Second Tilt of Weekend - Atlanta Gladiators
- Hawerchuk's Overtime Goal Guides Icemen Past Mariners - Jacksonville Icemen
- Everblades Primed to Thaw Icemen - Florida Everblades
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Rapid City, 8:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Americans Fall to Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Offense Comes Alive for Sellout Crowd in 5-1 Steelheads Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Hammer Americans, 6-1 - Rapid City Rush
- KC Defeats Utah 5-2 in Series Opener - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.