Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Mariners: November 20, 2021
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears (5-5-1-0) return home to host the Maine Mariners (5-3-2-0) for the first time in team history tonight at 7 p.m. at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center.
CANNED FOOD DRIVE: During tonight's game the Solar Bears are hosting a canned food drive to support the Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida. Fans are encouraged to bring canned food donations to the game; those who do so will be entered into a drawing for four gold seats for a future Solar Bears home game this season.
BEAR BEER FLORIDA LAGER AT HARRY BUFFALO: Don't forget to head to Harry Buffalo on Church Street for pre and postgame food and fun - for tonight only, bar will carry Ivanhoe Park Brewing Company's Bear Beer Florida Lager on tap!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Solar Bears forward Tyler Bird is approaching 50 career points with Orlando. The forward recently suited up in his 150th career ECHL game, and has 25g-22a in his Solar Bears career.
Tonight's game features the two top-ranked teams on the power play in the ECHL. Maine leads the way at 11-for-29 (37.9%), while the Solar Bears are right behind at 10-for-28 (35.7%).
The Solar Bears are expected to turn to goaltender Zach Émond in net tonight after Brad Barone turned in a 50-save performance on Wednesday at Florida. The rookie goalie is 2-1-0 in three outings for Orlando
Forward Aaron Luchuk's next assist will give him 100 in his ECHL career with Orlando, Newfoundland and Brampton.
After scoring in back-to-back games on Sunday and Wednesday, defenseman Michael Brodzinski enters tonight's game with a four-game point streak (2g-4a). The blueliner had an earlier five-game point streak to begin the 2021-22 season. His 11 points lead all Eastern Conference defensemen.
The Mariners are in the first year of a new affiliation with the NHL's Boston Bruins and the AHL's Providence Bruins. The Mariners ride a 3-0-2-0 streak into tonight's game and are led by the trio of Pascal Laberge, Justin Brazeau and Lewis Zerter-Gossage, whose 18 combined goals account for over half of the team's goal-scoring totals.
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears visit the Atlanta Gladiators on Tuesday, Nov. 23 at 7 p.m. at Gas South Arena, before returning home to open up a four-game set with the Norfolk Admirals on Thursday, Nov. 25 at 11 a.m. at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 20, 2021
- GAME REPORT: Oilers Fall to Thunder on the Road - Tulsa Oilers
- Taylor Hat Trick Propels Wings over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Glads Fall Short against Cyclones - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Top Gladiators, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Dickinson, Berry Combine for Eight Points in Toledo Win over Iowa - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers Come Inches Away from a Point in Fort Wayne - Wheeling Nailers
- Jacob Pritchard Scores Highlight Reel Goal But Royals Lose in OT, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Heartlanders Fall Saturday - Iowa Heartlanders
- Railers Take Down Lions 3-1 on Frontline Heroes Night - Worcester Railers HC
- Taylor Hat Trick Fuels K-Wings to Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Icemen Freeze Blades in Shootout - Florida Everblades
- Lions Dealt in Worcester - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Growlers Top Reading 2-1 in Overtime - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Battle to the Final Whistle, But Fall a Goal Short in Orlando - Maine Mariners
- Steelheads Sign Defenseman Jake Cass from Birmingham - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - November 21 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: Clurman Returns to Utah for Saturday Night vs KC - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Dances with Wolves Night vs Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Wichita Opens Five-Game Homestand Tonight vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Mariners: November 20, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Look for Revenge in Battle with First-Place Growlers - Reading Royals
- Glads Ready for Second Tilt of Weekend - Atlanta Gladiators
- Hawerchuk's Overtime Goal Guides Icemen Past Mariners - Jacksonville Icemen
- Everblades Primed to Thaw Icemen - Florida Everblades
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Rapid City, 8:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Americans Fall to Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Offense Comes Alive for Sellout Crowd in 5-1 Steelheads Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Hammer Americans, 6-1 - Rapid City Rush
- KC Defeats Utah 5-2 in Series Opener - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Solar Bears Announce School Day Game for 2022-23 Season
- Solar Bears 2022-23 Home Opener Is October 23 vs. Icemen
- Solar Bears and Head Coach Drake Berehowsky Agree to Part Ways
- Bird, McInnis Receive Try-Outs with Barracuda
- Solar Bears Eliminated from Playoffs in 3-1 Loss to Icemen