Glads Ready for Second Tilt of Weekend
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators (6-2-0-0) hit the Ortho Sport & Spine Physicians Home Ice tonight at Gas South Arena to face the Cincinnati Cyclones (6-5-0-0). The Glads are 5-1-0-0 at home this season, and tonight marks the final game of a four-game homestand in which Atlanta has gone 2-1-0-0 so far.
Last Time Out
The Gladiators took down the Cyclones 3-1 on Friday night. After surrendering the opening goal to Cincinnati's Wyatt Ege, Tyler Kobryn tied the game for Atlanta one minute and 20 seconds later with his first goal of the season. Gabe Guertler found the back of the net with just half a second remaining in the first period to give the Glads a 2-1 lead. Cody Sylvester recorded a goal in his sixth-straight game to put Atlanta up 3-1 in the second. Goaltender Tyler Parks stopped 28 of 29 Cyclones shots.
Scouting the Cyclones
Cincinnati enters tonight without three of its defensemen for the second night in a row. Colton Waltz, Dajon Mingo, and Nick Boka all received multiple-game suspensions after their actions on Nov. 13 in Wheeling. Blueliner Wyatt Ege stepped up to carry much of the load on the back end for the Cyclones in last night's game. Ege recorded Cincinnati's only goal of the game, and the second-year pro now has three markers on the season. After Mat Robson started in net for the Cyclones last night, it is likely that the Gladiators will face Joe Murdaca in between the pipes. Murdaca made his first start of the season on Nov. 13 against Wheeling and stopped 24 of 28 shots.
Sylvester Stays Hot
After a goal in Friday's 3-1 win over Cincinnati, forward Cody Sylvester has now recorded goals in six straight games. The Kelowna, British Columbia native now leads the club with his six tallies. Sylvester led the Wheeling Nailers with 25 goals last season, and his total also tied him for eighth best in the ECHL. Sylvester is known for scoring goals in flurries. Last season with the Nailers, he scored two goals in back-to-back games on two separate occasions.
The Gladiators have dominated teams at 5-on-5. Through the first eight games of the season, Atlanta has skated to an 21-9 advantage at 5-on-5. The Gladiators are tied for fourth in the league with 3.50 goals-for per game. The club ranks eighth out of 27 ECHL teams in goals-against per game at 2.75. Only Toledo, Newfoundland, and Fort Wayne are also in the top-10 of each category.
Davison Doing it All
Gladiators defenseman Tim Davison leads Atlanta's blue line with eight points (2G-6A) to start the season. The De Pere, Wisconsin native posted points in four straight games from Nov. 5 to Nov. 14, including a three-assist effort on Nov. 5 vs Jacksonville. Davison's previous scoring high came in the 2018-19 season when he posted 30 points (4G-26A) with the South Carolina Stingrays.
WHEN: Friday, Nov. 20 at 7:30 PM ET
WHERE: Gas South Arena - Duluth, Ga.
WHO: Atlanta Gladiators vs Cincinnati Cyclones
BROADCAST: All Atlanta Gladiators games are broadcast live on the Gladiators Broadcast Network. Listen to the game online at Mixlr.com, or watch the game on FloHockey.TV. Tonight's game will also be broadcast live on 680 The Fan.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 20, 2021
- GAME REPORT: Oilers Fall to Thunder on the Road - Tulsa Oilers
- Taylor Hat Trick Propels Wings over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Glads Fall Short against Cyclones - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Top Gladiators, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Dickinson, Berry Combine for Eight Points in Toledo Win over Iowa - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers Come Inches Away from a Point in Fort Wayne - Wheeling Nailers
- Jacob Pritchard Scores Highlight Reel Goal But Royals Lose in OT, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Heartlanders Fall Saturday - Iowa Heartlanders
- Railers Take Down Lions 3-1 on Frontline Heroes Night - Worcester Railers HC
- Taylor Hat Trick Fuels K-Wings to Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Icemen Freeze Blades in Shootout - Florida Everblades
- Lions Dealt in Worcester - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Growlers Top Reading 2-1 in Overtime - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Battle to the Final Whistle, But Fall a Goal Short in Orlando - Maine Mariners
- Steelheads Sign Defenseman Jake Cass from Birmingham - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - November 21 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: Clurman Returns to Utah for Saturday Night vs KC - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Dances with Wolves Night vs Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Wichita Opens Five-Game Homestand Tonight vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Mariners: November 20, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Look for Revenge in Battle with First-Place Growlers - Reading Royals
- Glads Ready for Second Tilt of Weekend - Atlanta Gladiators
- Hawerchuk's Overtime Goal Guides Icemen Past Mariners - Jacksonville Icemen
- Everblades Primed to Thaw Icemen - Florida Everblades
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Rapid City, 8:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Americans Fall to Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Offense Comes Alive for Sellout Crowd in 5-1 Steelheads Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Hammer Americans, 6-1 - Rapid City Rush
- KC Defeats Utah 5-2 in Series Opener - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.