Thunderbirds Close 2018-19 Season with Three-Game Weekend
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Springfield Thunderbirds (31-28-8-5) wrap up their 2018-19 season this weekend as they welcome the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (42-23-6-3) on Friday night and the Providence Bruins (37-25-8-3) on Saturday night inside the MassMutual Center during Fan Appreciation Weekend.
On Friday, fans will have the chance to win a jersey off a Thunderbirds player's back at the conclusion of the evening, and there will be giveaways throughout the game night as well. On ice, the T-Birds will look to get payback on the Sound Tigers, who came away with a shutout 4-0 win in the clubs' last meeting on Mar. 17. The T-Birds are 9-5-1-0 all-time against the Sound Tigers inside the MassMutual Center.
Jayce Hawryluk has paced the T-Birds against Bridgeport this season, potting three goals and seven points in just five games against the division rivals. Josh Ho-Sang leads all current Sound Tigers with eight points in seven games against Springfield in the season series.
On Saturday, the action begins outside at 4:00 p.m. with the season-ending Block Party presented by Community Bank, taking place at Court Square and running until 6:00 p.m. that evening. The party will feature live music from The Kings.
As the action moves inside, the T-Birds welcome a New England legend when Baseball Hall of Fame pitcher Pedro Martinez joins the festivities inside the MassMutual Center during both pregame and the first intermissions.
When the puck drops, the Thunderbirds will conclude their home-ice schedule in 2018-19 against a Bruins team they have defeated in seven of 12 prior meetings this season, including a 3-1 triumph in the last matchup on Mar. 10 inside the Dunkin' Donuts Center. All-time, Springfield holds a 9-7-1-2 record over the Bruins inside the MassMutual Center.
After Saturday's home finale, the Thunderbirds round out their season slate with one more trip to Providence on Sunday to take on the Bruins at 3:05 p.m.
Springfield Thunderbirds 2019-2020 ticket memberships are on sale now and include the best benefits of being a Thunderbirds ticket holder. To learn more about memberships and single game tickets, visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com or call (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 11, 2019
- Monsters Stumble, Fall to Checkers 4-3 in Overtime - Cleveland Monsters
- Saarela Seals Charlotte's 50th Win with OT Winner - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners Look to Clinch Playoff Berth this Weekend at Tucson Arena - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hogs Cap Regular Season with Fan Appreciation Night - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- Iowa Wild Recalls CJ Motte and Dante Salituro from Allen - Iowa Wild
- Toronto Marlies Named to 2018-19 AHL All-Star Teams - Toronto Marlies
- Barracuda Trainer Will Leonard and Sara Leonard Celebrate Birth of Baby Girl Twins - San Jose Barracuda
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 27 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Jonne Tammela, Matthew Spencer to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Alec McCrea to One-Year Contract, Assign Nagle to Walleye - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Carter Verhaeghe Named 2018-19 AHL First Team All-Star - Syracuse Crunch
- Carr Named to 2018-19 AHL First All-Star Team - Chicago Wolves
- Benson and Starrett Named to 2018-19 AHL Second All-Star Team - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack's John Gilmour Earns First-Team AHL All-Star Honors - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Defenseman Zach Redmond Named to 2018-19 AHL First All-Star Team - Rochester Americans
- Ethan Prow Named 2018-19 AHL Second Team All-Star - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ness Named 2018-19 AHL Second Team All-Star - Hershey Bears
- Nedeljkovic, Poturalski Named to AHL All-Star Teams - Charlotte Checkers
- 2018-19 American Hockey League First and Second All-Star Teams Named - AHL
- Thunderbirds Close 2018-19 Season with Three-Game Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Jets Reassign Eric Comrie to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Release Declan Chisholm - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Recall Goaltender Adam Morrison from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Senators Announce Fan Appreciation Details - Belleville Senators
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Adam Clendening to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Capitals Recall Ilya Samsonov from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Reign Strikes for Biggest Win of the Season - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Secure Home-Ice with 4-3 Win at San Diego - San Jose Barracuda
- Roadrunners Edged in Bakersfield as Pacific's Playoff Race Thickens - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Drop Regular Season Home Finale - San Diego Gulls
- Currie Notches a Hat Trick as Condors Win 40th Game, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Drop Midweek Tilt to Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Snaps Slide with 7-3 Victory against Grand Rapids - Iowa Wild
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers Defeat Rocket 2-1 - Laval Rocket
- LaLeggia Leads Rampage to Comeback Win over Stars - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- T-Birds Sign F Blaine Byron to 1-Year AHL Contract
- Thunderbirds Announce Staff Promotions
- Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with Goaltender Chris Driedger on a 2-Year Contract Extension
- Thunderbirds President Nathan Costa to Serve as Honorary Chair at World's Largest Pancake Breakfast
- T-Birds' Goals for Groceries Initiative Provides 14,100 Meals to Food Bank of Western Mass