Capitals Recall Ilya Samsonov from Hershey
(Hershey, PA) - The Washington Capitals announced today that the club has recalled goaltender Ilya Samsonov from the Hershey Bears. The announcement was made by Washington's senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Samsonov, 22, has appeared in 36 games with Hershey this season, recording a 19-14-2 record with a 2.74 goals against average, a .896 save percentage, and three shutouts.
Since the calendar turned to 2019, Samsonov has been one of the AHL's top goaltenders, collecting a a 14-4-0-1 record, a 1.93 goals against average, a .923 save percentage, and three shutouts. His strong play has helped Hershey move from last place in the Atlantic Division to a playoff position. From Jan. 12-Feb. 23, Hershey posted a franchise record 17-game point streak, and Samsonov went 9-0-0-1 in that span.
Samsonov was Washington's 1st round selection, 22nd overall, in the 2015 NHL Draft.
The Bears return to action on Friday in Hartford for a 7:15 puck drop at the XL Center. The game may be heard on the Bears Radio Network and viewed on AHLTV.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 11, 2019
- Monsters Stumble, Fall to Checkers 4-3 in Overtime - Cleveland Monsters
- Saarela Seals Charlotte's 50th Win with OT Winner - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners Look to Clinch Playoff Berth this Weekend at Tucson Arena - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hogs Cap Regular Season with Fan Appreciation Night - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- Iowa Wild Recalls CJ Motte and Dante Salituro from Allen - Iowa Wild
- Toronto Marlies Named to 2018-19 AHL All-Star Teams - Toronto Marlies
- Barracuda Trainer Will Leonard and Sara Leonard Celebrate Birth of Baby Girl Twins - San Jose Barracuda
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 27 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Jonne Tammela, Matthew Spencer to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Alec McCrea to One-Year Contract, Assign Nagle to Walleye - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Carter Verhaeghe Named 2018-19 AHL First Team All-Star - Syracuse Crunch
- Carr Named to 2018-19 AHL First All-Star Team - Chicago Wolves
- Benson and Starrett Named to 2018-19 AHL Second All-Star Team - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack's John Gilmour Earns First-Team AHL All-Star Honors - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Defenseman Zach Redmond Named to 2018-19 AHL First All-Star Team - Rochester Americans
- Ethan Prow Named 2018-19 AHL Second Team All-Star - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ness Named 2018-19 AHL Second Team All-Star - Hershey Bears
- Nedeljkovic, Poturalski Named to AHL All-Star Teams - Charlotte Checkers
- 2018-19 American Hockey League First and Second All-Star Teams Named - AHL
- Thunderbirds Close 2018-19 Season with Three-Game Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Jets Reassign Eric Comrie to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Release Declan Chisholm - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Recall Goaltender Adam Morrison from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Senators Announce Fan Appreciation Details - Belleville Senators
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Adam Clendening to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Capitals Recall Ilya Samsonov from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Reign Strikes for Biggest Win of the Season - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Secure Home-Ice with 4-3 Win at San Diego - San Jose Barracuda
- Roadrunners Edged in Bakersfield as Pacific's Playoff Race Thickens - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Drop Regular Season Home Finale - San Diego Gulls
- Currie Notches a Hat Trick as Condors Win 40th Game, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Drop Midweek Tilt to Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Snaps Slide with 7-3 Victory against Grand Rapids - Iowa Wild
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers Defeat Rocket 2-1 - Laval Rocket
- LaLeggia Leads Rampage to Comeback Win over Stars - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.