Steelheads Sunk by Late Goal in 1-0 Loss to Rush
RAPID CITY, S.D. - The Idaho Steelheads (7-3-3) fell in the final two minutes of the game off a bad bounce in a 1-0 loss to the Rapid City Rush (8-3-2) on Saturday night from Rushmore Plaza Civic Center.
The Steelheads and Rush found themselves in a goaltending battle during the first two periods. The Steelheads held the pace and the lead in shots during each period, posting 11 shots in the opening frame then 14 shots in the second period. Despite five combined power plays, both netminders stayed steadfast in turning away pucks until the third period.
There, the Rush broke through for the first goal of the game in the final minutes. At 18:12, Rush defenseman Miles McGurty flipped a floating shot from the right point that caught a piece of a Steelheads defenseman to change direction and squirt by the goaltender, providing the edge in the 1-0 final result.
Rush netminder Ivan Prosvetov (1-0-0) halted all 30 shots in the win, while Steelheads goaltender Colton Point (2-2-0) turned away 20 of 21 shots in the loss..
The Steelheads open a three-game, three-day weekend on Friday, Nov. 15 at 6:05 p.m. against the Wichita Thunder from INTRUST Bank Arena. Coverage begins at 5:45 p.m. on 1350-AM KTIK "The Ticket" and ECHL.TV.
The Steelheads return to CenturyLink Arena on Wednesday, Nov. 20 against the Orlando Solar. Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to plan your seats for this season, including single-game, flex plans and season tickets. Stay connected to the Steelheads on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 9, 2019
- Everblades' Big Rally Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to IceMen - Florida Everblades
- Grizzlies Fall 4-2 to Mavericks - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Sunk by Late Goal in 1-0 Loss to Rush - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Tame Beast with Nine-Goal Explosion - Toledo Walleye
- Mavs Complete Sweep of Utah with Furious Third Period Finish - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rabbits Rally to Tie, Fall in Shootout - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Short-Handed Wings Earn a Point in OT Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Rays Cap Perfect Weekend with Thrilling Shootout Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cuddemi Scores Winner, Royals Take Another Wild One, 6-4, over Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Fall in Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rush Welcomes New Four-Legged Team Member - Rapid City Rush
- Elmer's Hat Trick Lifts Mariners over Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Royals Come Back for 6-4 Home Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Indy Finishes off Home Weekend with 4-1 Win - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Bested by Mariners in 5-1 Defeat - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Topple the Gladiators 6-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Reminder: Kotak Law Military Appreciation Day Is Sunday - Brampton Beast
- Killins Assigned to Rush from Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Preview: 'Blades Close Weekend with Military Night Matchup against IceMen - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - November 9 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Team up with South Carolina Advocates for Epilepsy Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Doubleheader Hockey Day in Allen - Allen Americans
- Game Notes: vs Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Atlanta Thwarted by Defending Champs North of the Border - Atlanta Gladiators
- Harry Potter Night Saturday at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
- Daccord Rock Solid as Beast Shutout Cyclones - Brampton Beast
- Rush Comeback in Third to Overtake Idaho in Shootout - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Rookie Netminder Blanks Norfolk - Allen Americans
- Kestner Extends Point Streak as Walleye Fall at Indy - Toledo Walleye
- Solar Bears Drop 2-1 OT Decision to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Fall in First of Nine Matchups with Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Marred by Late Penalties, Fall 3-2 in Shootout to Rush - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Extend Qualifying Offers to Four Players
- Steelheads, Dallas Stars Sign Two-Year Affiliation Extension
- Steelheads Announce 2020-21 Season-Ending Roster
- Scott Burt Named Rapid City Rush Head Coach
- Steelheads, Everett Sheen Sign Two-Year Contract Extension