Indy Finishes off Home Weekend with 4-1 Win
INDIANAPOLIS - Indy (5-4-0-0) hosted the Cincinnati Cyclones (5-4-1-0) on Saturday night for the third time this season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Indy opened the scoring in the second period when Spencer Watson beat Romeo over the shoulder. The scoring continued for the Fuel when Jake Schultz scored his first ECHL goal to give the Fuel a 2-0 lead. Cincinnati would respond with a goal of their own but Karl El-Mir and Bobby MacIntyre put home insurance goals to give Indy a 4-1 win.
The Fuel controlled the majority of the first period, taking a 10-8 shot lead into the first intermission. With just under six minutes left in the period, Bobby MacIntyre got loose behind the Cincinnati defense and beat Romeo for what looked to be the first goal of the game. Referee Steven Sailor immediately reviewed the goal and determined that the puck never crossed the goal line. Both Chase Marchand (26 SVS) and Sean Romeo (32 SVS) fought off chances from each side holding the score at 0-0 heading into the locker room.
The floodgates opened in the second period when a turnover at the Cincinnati blueline led to Spencer Watson receiving a pass from Tim Shoup and beating Romeo over the shoulder. Jake Schultz immediately doubled the Fuel lead scoring his first goal of the season and first in the ECHL. Seven minutes remaining in the period, Cincinnati's Jesse Schultz pounced on a rebound from Chase Marchand and cut the Fuel lead in half and sent the Cyclones to the locker room down 2-1.
In the final period, Indy and Cincinnati traded chances and both goaltenders stood strong. Indy's goaltender Chase Marchand controlled pucks and managed the barrage of Cincinnati shots. Around halfway through the period, a flip pass landed in front of the net and Karl El-Mir buried it through the five hole of Romeo. The Cyclones were unable to put anything past Marchand throughout the period, leading to an empty net opportunity for Indy, which was put home by Bobby MacIntyre.
Single-Game tickets are now available for the entire 2019-20 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of Ticket Plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com. Don't miss a second of the action during the 2019-20 season - follow the Fuel on Twitter and Instagram (@IndyFuel) and 'Like' the Fuel on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 9, 2019
- Everblades' Big Rally Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to IceMen - Florida Everblades
- Grizzlies Fall 4-2 to Mavericks - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Sunk by Late Goal in 1-0 Loss to Rush - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Tame Beast with Nine-Goal Explosion - Toledo Walleye
- Mavs Complete Sweep of Utah with Furious Third Period Finish - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rabbits Rally to Tie, Fall in Shootout - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Short-Handed Wings Earn a Point in OT Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Rays Cap Perfect Weekend with Thrilling Shootout Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cuddemi Scores Winner, Royals Take Another Wild One, 6-4, over Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Fall in Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rush Welcomes New Four-Legged Team Member - Rapid City Rush
- Elmer's Hat Trick Lifts Mariners over Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Royals Come Back for 6-4 Home Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Indy Finishes off Home Weekend with 4-1 Win - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Bested by Mariners in 5-1 Defeat - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Topple the Gladiators 6-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Reminder: Kotak Law Military Appreciation Day Is Sunday - Brampton Beast
- Killins Assigned to Rush from Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Preview: 'Blades Close Weekend with Military Night Matchup against IceMen - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - November 9 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Team up with South Carolina Advocates for Epilepsy Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Doubleheader Hockey Day in Allen - Allen Americans
- Game Notes: vs Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Atlanta Thwarted by Defending Champs North of the Border - Atlanta Gladiators
- Harry Potter Night Saturday at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
- Daccord Rock Solid as Beast Shutout Cyclones - Brampton Beast
- Rush Comeback in Third to Overtake Idaho in Shootout - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Rookie Netminder Blanks Norfolk - Allen Americans
- Kestner Extends Point Streak as Walleye Fall at Indy - Toledo Walleye
- Solar Bears Drop 2-1 OT Decision to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Fall in First of Nine Matchups with Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Marred by Late Penalties, Fall 3-2 in Shootout to Rush - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.