Daccord Rock Solid as Beast Shutout Cyclones
CINCINNATI, OHIO - Joey Daccord made 23 stops and recorded his first professional shutout as the Brampton Beast defeated the Cincinnati Cyclones 3-0 on Friday night.
The Brampton Beast took on the Cincinnati Cyclones on the road for a Friday night match-up. It would be the third time straight that the Beast and Cyclones tangled, with both teams taking one game apiece.
The first period saw the Beast jump on the Cyclones early, as they were able to fire a bevy of chances at Cyclones starter Sean Romeo. The goaltender held firm until the end of the period when a David Vallorani shot beat him up top.
That gave the Beast a 1-0 lead at 18:19 of the first. The Beast would take that into the first intermission and would lead in shots by a score of 12-3.
The second period would see the game get a bit more rough and tumble as both teams began to throw their weight around.
Neither team was able to find the back of the net in the frame, though the Cyclones has a goal waived off due to goaltender interference.
The score would remain 1-0 through two periods of play and the Beast would take a 17-14 shot advantage into the final frame.
The third period was broken wide open by the Beast a few minutes in. With Brampton on a five-on-three, TJ Melancon took hold of the puck in the offensive zone and ripped a shot past Romeo for a 2-0 Beast lead at 1:33.
The Brampton power play continued to hum along as moments later Jackson Leef was able to control a rebound and send it into the back of the open net. That gave the Beast a 3-0 lead at 2:11 of the third and final frame.
The rest of the game saw chances back and forth for either side but Joey Daccord held firm in the Beast net and was able to preserve the win and record his first professional shutout by making 23 total stops.
Notes: Molson Three Stars 3) Vallorani (BRA) 2) Melancon (BRA) 1) Daccord. The Beast finished the contest two-for-five on the man advantage. They also finished perfect on the penalty kill. The Beast will continue their road trip with a date against the Toledo Walleye. Puck drops at 7:15 PM.
For more information or general media inquiries on the Brampton Beast please contact Anthony Fusco, Public Relations Coordinator at (905) 564-1684 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Brampton Beast will be bringing their exciting brand of ECHL hockey back to the CAA Centre next season. Don't miss a minute of the action! 2019-20 Memberships are now available, join the club!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 9, 2019
- Everblades' Big Rally Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to IceMen - Florida Everblades
- Grizzlies Fall 4-2 to Mavericks - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Sunk by Late Goal in 1-0 Loss to Rush - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Tame Beast with Nine-Goal Explosion - Toledo Walleye
- Mavs Complete Sweep of Utah with Furious Third Period Finish - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rabbits Rally to Tie, Fall in Shootout - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Short-Handed Wings Earn a Point in OT Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Rays Cap Perfect Weekend with Thrilling Shootout Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cuddemi Scores Winner, Royals Take Another Wild One, 6-4, over Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Fall in Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rush Welcomes New Four-Legged Team Member - Rapid City Rush
- Elmer's Hat Trick Lifts Mariners over Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Royals Come Back for 6-4 Home Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Indy Finishes off Home Weekend with 4-1 Win - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Bested by Mariners in 5-1 Defeat - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Topple the Gladiators 6-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Reminder: Kotak Law Military Appreciation Day Is Sunday - Brampton Beast
- Killins Assigned to Rush from Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Preview: 'Blades Close Weekend with Military Night Matchup against IceMen - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - November 9 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Team up with South Carolina Advocates for Epilepsy Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Doubleheader Hockey Day in Allen - Allen Americans
- Game Notes: vs Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- Atlanta Thwarted by Defending Champs North of the Border - Atlanta Gladiators
- Harry Potter Night Saturday at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
- Daccord Rock Solid as Beast Shutout Cyclones - Brampton Beast
- Rush Comeback in Third to Overtake Idaho in Shootout - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Rookie Netminder Blanks Norfolk - Allen Americans
- Kestner Extends Point Streak as Walleye Fall at Indy - Toledo Walleye
- Solar Bears Drop 2-1 OT Decision to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Fall in First of Nine Matchups with Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Marred by Late Penalties, Fall 3-2 in Shootout to Rush - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.