Steelheads Agree to Terms with Michael Neville
Rapid City, SD - Steelheads Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Neil Graham announced on Friday that the team has agreed to terms with rookie forward Michael Neville on an ECHL contract.
Neville, 24, joins the Steelheads in Rapid City after playing four seasons of Division I college hockey at Michigan Tech, where he was a teammate of defensemen Shane Hanna. The Woodbridge, Ontario native and two-year assistant captain had a career-best seven goals and 23 points in 45 games last season as a senior, helping lead the Huskies to a WCHA Conference title.
"Mike brings excellent compete and speed to the lineup," said Graham. "He put up impressive numbers, including consistent plus/minus ratings while being matched up against other teams' top lines over a four-year collegiate career."
Neville posted a plus-22 rating last season and was a plus-52 over four years at Michigan Tech. He has spent this season working as an assistant coach with the Huskies while furthering his studies and recovering from injury. Neville was a member of the WCHA All-Academic Team in 2015-16.
The Steelheads and Rapid City Rush continue their series on Friday night at Rushmore Plaza Civic Center, with puck-drop scheduled for 7:05pm MT. The game can be heard on 1350AM KTIK and seen on ECHLTV.
Images from this story
Forward Michael Neville with Michigan Tech
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 23, 2018
- Solar Bears Shine in 3-1 Win over Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Top Everblades 3-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Climb Closer to Playoff Spot; Defeat Quad City 4-2 - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Earn a Point in Shootout Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Fly by Swamp Rabbits in First of Two Games - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Snap Skid with Comeback Win over Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Eagles Win Third Straight with 2-1 Shootout Victory over Tulsa - Colorado Eagles
- Monarchs Outlast Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- IceMen Explode for Five Goals against Admirals - Jacksonville IceMen
- Early Flurry Helps IceMen Hold off Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Jakaitis Ties ECHL Record with 25th Career Shutout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Fall to Fuel - Quad City Mallards
- King Stands Tall in Beast Debut as Brampton Falls 1-0 to South Carolina - Brampton Beast
- Gladiators Drop First of Back-To-Back Games in Toledo 3-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Come Back to Earn Point But Fall 3-2 in Overtime - Adirondack Thunder
- Mercier Returns to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 23 - ECHL
- Steelheads Agree to Terms with Michael Neville - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads: Game Day Storylines at Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Annual Promotion Aims to Raise Awareness of Various Cancer Initiatives - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Travel to Fort Wayne to Start Road Trip - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Swamp Rabbits Bolster Roster with Additions of Tyler Ganly and Guillaume Naud - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Acquire Stephen Collins from Nailers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gameday - Adirondack (29-20-2-3) at Manchester (32-16-3-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Nagy Heads to AHL - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- IceMen Return Home to Face Admirals - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Day: Admirals Make Final Trip to Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, February 23 - Manchester Monarchs
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Americans - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Heads West to Face Grizzlies - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Outlasts Mallards 8-7 - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Season Ends in Game 6, Falling 3-1 to Oilers
- Steelheads Game 6 & 7 Watch Party this Sunday & Monday
- Steelheads Surge Late to Force Game 6 with 3-1 Win over Oilers
- Steelheads Game 5 Tickets for Friday on Sale Now
- Steelheads Extend Postseason, Force Game 5 with 4-2 Win over Oilers