Nagy Heads to AHL
MOLINE, Ill. - Quad City Mallards forward Gergo Nagy has signed a professional tryout agreement with the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves, the Mallards announced today.
Nagy, 28, has scored eight goals and collected 12 assists for 20 points in 31 games since signing with the Mallards in December. The 6-foot-3, 212-pound native of Dunaujvaros, Hungary is on a six-game point-scoring streak (3-6-9). That run is tied for the longest Mallard point streak this season.
Nagy returns to Chicago three years after last playing for the Wolves. He skated in six games- and registered two assists- for Chicago in 2014-15. He first played in the AHL when he suited up for two games with the Wolves in 2013-14.
Nagy returned to the Mallards this season after first playing for the club in 2013-14 in the Central Hockey League. He scored 20 goals and added 34 assists to total 54 points in 64 games in his first stint as a Mallard.
Nagy began this season with MAC Budapest in the Erste Liga, which is composed of clubs in Austria, Hungary and Romania. Nagy scored once and picked up five assists in ten games with MAC this year after scoring 21 times and recording 37 assists to total 58 points in 40 games with the same team last season.
Prior to this season, the 2014-15 campaign was Nagy's last in North America. During that season he scored 18 goals and notched 36 assists for 54 points in 56 games with the ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings in addition to seeing time with the Wolves. He returned to Europe the following season to play for Fehervar AV19, a Hungarian club in the predominantly Austrian Erste Bank Eishockey Liga.
Before his first transatlantic crossing, Nagy spent five seasons in his homeland with Fehervar AV19, Fehervari Titanok, Szekesfehervar and Miskolci Jegesmedve JSE.
Nagy also played for the Hungarian national team at the 2009, 2010, 2013 and 2016 International Ice Hockey Federation World Championships.
The Mallards return to action on the road tonight against the Indy Fuel. The Mallards next play at home next Wednesday night at 6:35 p.m. against the Utah Grizzlies. Fans can enjoy $1 10-ounce beers from TaxSlayer Center concession stands during all Mallards Wednesday home games.
Tickets for next Wednesday night's game and all Mallards regular season home games are now on sale at the TaxSlayer Center box office, Ticketmaster toll free charge-by-phone (1-800-745-3000) and ticketmaster.com. The box office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 23, 2018
- Solar Bears Shine in 3-1 Win over Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Top Everblades 3-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Climb Closer to Playoff Spot; Defeat Quad City 4-2 - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Earn a Point in Shootout Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Fly by Swamp Rabbits in First of Two Games - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Snap Skid with Comeback Win over Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Eagles Win Third Straight with 2-1 Shootout Victory over Tulsa - Colorado Eagles
- Monarchs Outlast Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- IceMen Explode for Five Goals against Admirals - Jacksonville IceMen
- Early Flurry Helps IceMen Hold off Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Jakaitis Ties ECHL Record with 25th Career Shutout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Fall to Fuel - Quad City Mallards
- King Stands Tall in Beast Debut as Brampton Falls 1-0 to South Carolina - Brampton Beast
- Gladiators Drop First of Back-To-Back Games in Toledo 3-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Come Back to Earn Point But Fall 3-2 in Overtime - Adirondack Thunder
- Mercier Returns to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 23 - ECHL
- Steelheads Agree to Terms with Michael Neville - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads: Game Day Storylines at Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Annual Promotion Aims to Raise Awareness of Various Cancer Initiatives - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Travel to Fort Wayne to Start Road Trip - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Swamp Rabbits Bolster Roster with Additions of Tyler Ganly and Guillaume Naud - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Acquire Stephen Collins from Nailers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gameday - Adirondack (29-20-2-3) at Manchester (32-16-3-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Nagy Heads to AHL - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- IceMen Return Home to Face Admirals - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Day: Admirals Make Final Trip to Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, February 23 - Manchester Monarchs
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Americans - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Heads West to Face Grizzlies - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Outlasts Mallards 8-7 - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings