Solar Bears Acquire Stephen Collins from Nailers
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have acquired rookie forward Stephen Collins from the Wheeling Nailers in exchange for future considerations.
Collins, 26, is in his first season of professional hockey, and has logged 16 points (3g-13a) and four penalty minutes over the course of 30 games split between the South Carolina Stingrays and Indy Fuel.
Prior to turning pro, Collins played four seasons for SUNY-Geneseo, where he appeared in 114 games for the Knights, recording 137 points (59g-78a) and 36 penalty minutes. Collins also played one season of ACHA hockey for Arizona State University in 2012-13, where he recorded 42 points (27g-15a) and 36 penalty minutes in 43 games.
The Rochester, N.Y. native also played junior hockey for the United States Hockey League's Youngstown Phantoms and Cedar Rapids Roughriders, producing 34 points (18g-16a) and 47 penalty minutes in 118 combined matches.
The Solar Bears return to action tonight as they face the Florida Everblades in a Wawa Sunshine Cup Series game at Germain Arena at 7:30 p.m. Tonight's game will air on ESPN Orlando (580 AM). Single-game tickets for the 2017-18 season are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and ticketmaster.com.
Images from this story
Forward Stephen Collins with the Indy Fuel
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 23, 2018
- Solar Bears Shine in 3-1 Win over Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Top Everblades 3-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Climb Closer to Playoff Spot; Defeat Quad City 4-2 - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Earn a Point in Shootout Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Fly by Swamp Rabbits in First of Two Games - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Snap Skid with Comeback Win over Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Eagles Win Third Straight with 2-1 Shootout Victory over Tulsa - Colorado Eagles
- Monarchs Outlast Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- IceMen Explode for Five Goals against Admirals - Jacksonville IceMen
- Early Flurry Helps IceMen Hold off Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Jakaitis Ties ECHL Record with 25th Career Shutout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Fall to Fuel - Quad City Mallards
- King Stands Tall in Beast Debut as Brampton Falls 1-0 to South Carolina - Brampton Beast
- Gladiators Drop First of Back-To-Back Games in Toledo 3-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Come Back to Earn Point But Fall 3-2 in Overtime - Adirondack Thunder
- Mercier Returns to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 23 - ECHL
- Steelheads Agree to Terms with Michael Neville - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads: Game Day Storylines at Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Annual Promotion Aims to Raise Awareness of Various Cancer Initiatives - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Travel to Fort Wayne to Start Road Trip - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Swamp Rabbits Bolster Roster with Additions of Tyler Ganly and Guillaume Naud - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Acquire Stephen Collins from Nailers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gameday - Adirondack (29-20-2-3) at Manchester (32-16-3-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Nagy Heads to AHL - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- IceMen Return Home to Face Admirals - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Day: Admirals Make Final Trip to Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, February 23 - Manchester Monarchs
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Americans - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Heads West to Face Grizzlies - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Outlasts Mallards 8-7 - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.