Mavs Snap Skid with Comeback Win over Allen
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks (26-26-0-2) erased a 3-1 deficit and rattled off five unanswered goals in a come-from-behind 6-3 win over Allen (25-23-4-2) Friday at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.
Kansas City was boosted by two-goal efforts from Alex Brooks, his first two scores of the season, and Shawn Pauly in the contest. Three of the duo's four goals in the game came in the third period.
The teams went tied into the first intermission at a goal apiece, both goals coming in a span of less than two minutes midway through the first. Alex Guptill put the Americans on top with 14:41 left in the frame before Jared VanWormer lit the lamp just over a minute later to even the game.
Allen potted two-straight goals to start the third, Vincent Arseneau and Spencer Asuchak finding the twine to a two-goal advantage. The Mavs grabbed momentum heading into the locker room, though, as Alex Brooks scored his first of the season off an Allen turnover with just over a minute left in the middle frame.
The Mavs dominated the final period, scoring the final four goals of the contest. Pauly scored the first two, followed by Brooks's second of the contest and finally an empty net goal from Matt Robertson for the 6-3 win.
The Mavericks and Americans face off once again on Saturday at 7:35 p.m. for Cheeze's Princess Party.
For all the latest on the Mavericks, follow the team on Twitter (@KC_Mavericks), Instagram (kcmavericks), Facebook (Kansas City Mavericks) and Snapchat (KCMavericks), download the team's free mobile app (Kansas City Mavericks) and keep checking in to KCMavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 23, 2018
- Solar Bears Shine in 3-1 Win over Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Top Everblades 3-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Climb Closer to Playoff Spot; Defeat Quad City 4-2 - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Earn a Point in Shootout Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Fly by Swamp Rabbits in First of Two Games - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Snap Skid with Comeback Win over Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Eagles Win Third Straight with 2-1 Shootout Victory over Tulsa - Colorado Eagles
- Monarchs Outlast Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- IceMen Explode for Five Goals against Admirals - Jacksonville IceMen
- Early Flurry Helps IceMen Hold off Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Jakaitis Ties ECHL Record with 25th Career Shutout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Fall to Fuel - Quad City Mallards
- King Stands Tall in Beast Debut as Brampton Falls 1-0 to South Carolina - Brampton Beast
- Gladiators Drop First of Back-To-Back Games in Toledo 3-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Come Back to Earn Point But Fall 3-2 in Overtime - Adirondack Thunder
- Mercier Returns to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 23 - ECHL
- Steelheads Agree to Terms with Michael Neville - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads: Game Day Storylines at Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Annual Promotion Aims to Raise Awareness of Various Cancer Initiatives - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Travel to Fort Wayne to Start Road Trip - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Swamp Rabbits Bolster Roster with Additions of Tyler Ganly and Guillaume Naud - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Acquire Stephen Collins from Nailers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gameday - Adirondack (29-20-2-3) at Manchester (32-16-3-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Nagy Heads to AHL - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- IceMen Return Home to Face Admirals - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Day: Admirals Make Final Trip to Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, February 23 - Manchester Monarchs
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Americans - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Heads West to Face Grizzlies - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Outlasts Mallards 8-7 - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- Kansas City Mavericks Wrap up 10th Season with Return to the Playoffs
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa