Gameday - Adirondack (29-20-2-3) at Manchester (32-16-3-1)
WHO: Adirondack Thunder (29-20-2-3) vs. Manchester Monarchs (32-16-3-1)
WHAT: ECHL REGULAR SEASON GAME #718
WHEN: Saturday, February 24, 2018 @ 7:00 PM
WHERE: Cool Insuring Arena - Glens Falls, NY
TONIGHT'S MATCHUP: The Adirondack Thunder are back in action this weekend as they head to Manchester for the first of three games in three days. Adirondack enters tonight's action with points in two straight after a 4-3 shootout loss against Worcester on Wednesday evening in Glens Falls.
GUM BALL DISPENCER: Adirondack defenseman Matthew Spencer scored the first goal of his ECHL career on Wednesday, the game-tying goal midway through the third period. Spencer's tally, which came on the man advantage, also marked his second point with the Thunder this season. The 6-1 blueliner has skated in seven games with Adirondack this season as well as 27 AHL games with Syracuse, where he's collected three points (1-2-3).
COBRA KAI-SER: Thunder defenseman Nolan Kaiser made his season-debut in a big way as he scored the game's first goal early in the first period. Kaiser made his ECHL debut with Adirondack during the 2016-17 season, as he collected an assist from three games played. The 6-0 defenseman joined Adirondack on Wednesday from the SPHL's Huntsville Havoc and was named to the All-SPHL first team a season ago.
SEVENTH HEAVEN: Adirondack forward Brian Ward saw his six-game goal streak come to an end on Wednesday but extended his point streak to seven games with an assist on Kaiser's tally. The seven-game run is the second longest scoring streak by a Thunder player this season, trailing only forward Terrence Wallin's nine-game run during the month of December.
AWESOME ANDREW: Thunder forward Andrew Radjenovic also found the back of the net on Wednesday as he scored late in the second period. Radjenovic's goal, which gave Adirondack the lead at the time, marked his sixth tally of the season and give him 20 points (6-14-20) from 36 games played on the season. The 6-2 center has collected 14 of those points since he joined the Thunder from Cincinnati in late November.
SHOLLY BUT SURELY: Adirondack goaltender Tomas Sholl remained unbeaten in regulation as he stopped 27 of the 30 shots in faced in Wednesday's shootout loss to Worcester. Sholl has posted a 4-0-0-1 record in seven appearances with the Thunder this season and the Bowling Green graduate has tallied a 2.08 goals against average and a .937 save percentage
NON-STOP NORTH: The Adirondack Thunder continue their quest through the North Division with a heavy slate of divisional matchup. The Thunder are in the midst of a stretch of ten consecutive divisional games and will play 16 of their final 18 games within the division. Adirondack currently sits tied for second place in the division with 63 points, five shy of the division-leading Monarchs.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 23, 2018
- Solar Bears Shine in 3-1 Win over Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Top Everblades 3-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Climb Closer to Playoff Spot; Defeat Quad City 4-2 - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Earn a Point in Shootout Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Fly by Swamp Rabbits in First of Two Games - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Snap Skid with Comeback Win over Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Eagles Win Third Straight with 2-1 Shootout Victory over Tulsa - Colorado Eagles
- Monarchs Outlast Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- IceMen Explode for Five Goals against Admirals - Jacksonville IceMen
- Early Flurry Helps IceMen Hold off Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Jakaitis Ties ECHL Record with 25th Career Shutout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Fall to Fuel - Quad City Mallards
- King Stands Tall in Beast Debut as Brampton Falls 1-0 to South Carolina - Brampton Beast
- Gladiators Drop First of Back-To-Back Games in Toledo 3-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Come Back to Earn Point But Fall 3-2 in Overtime - Adirondack Thunder
- Mercier Returns to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 23 - ECHL
- Steelheads Agree to Terms with Michael Neville - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads: Game Day Storylines at Rapid City - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Annual Promotion Aims to Raise Awareness of Various Cancer Initiatives - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Travel to Fort Wayne to Start Road Trip - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Swamp Rabbits Bolster Roster with Additions of Tyler Ganly and Guillaume Naud - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Acquire Stephen Collins from Nailers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gameday - Adirondack (29-20-2-3) at Manchester (32-16-3-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Nagy Heads to AHL - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- IceMen Return Home to Face Admirals - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Day: Admirals Make Final Trip to Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, February 23 - Manchester Monarchs
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Americans - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Heads West to Face Grizzlies - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Outlasts Mallards 8-7 - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Adirondack's Season Ends with Game 5 Loss to Manchester
- Thunder Extend Season with Dramatic Come-From-Behind Win in Game 4
- Six Unanswered Lead Monarchs to 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunder Drop First Game of Series to Monarchs by 4-2 Final
- Logan Thompson Signs PTO with Binghamton Devils