Sharks Reassign Chrona to Thunder
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's San Jose Sharks, AHL's San Jose Barracuda and powered by Toyota, announced today that the Sharks have reassigned goaltender Magnus Chrona to Wichita from the Barracuda.
Chrona, 23, signed with the Sharks this past offseason. A native of Stockholm, Sweden, the 6-foot-5, 207-pound netminder was drafted by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the fifth round (#152) during the 2018 NHL Entry Draft
Through nine games this year with the Barracuda, Chrona is 1-6-1 with a 3.80 goals-against average and .889 save percentage. He did play in one game for the Sharks in November.
Prior to turning pro, he played four years at the University of Denver. Chrona started all 32 games he played in as a senior in 2022-23 and posted a 22-9-0 record with a 2.19 goals-against average, .916 save percentage and four shutouts.
He finished tied for ninth in the country for wins and tied for 10th in shutouts. Chrona was named as the NCHC Goaltender of the Year, NCHC First All-Star Team, NCHC Regular Season Champion and NCHC Three Stars Award. He was also one of nine semifinalists for the Mike Richter Award, given to college hockey's top goaltender.
In 2021-22, Chrona backstopped the Pioneers to the 2022 NCAA Championship after compiling a 28-8-1 record with a 2.11 goals-against average and a .935 save percentage.
Wichita begins a four-game road trip on Thursday night in the Black Hills against Rapid City. Join us at Twin Peaks West for a Watch Party. The game begins at 8:05 p.m. There will be food and drink specials.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2023
- Max Andreev's Hat Trick Leads Mavericks to a Thrilling 7-5 Victory Over Idaho - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Fall 7-5 to Kansas City in Wild Third Period - Idaho Steelheads
- Nardi Scores Lone Goal in Royals' Late Game Loss to Thunder, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- A Game to Forget for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Francis Nets Pair of Late Goals, Rabbits Weather the Cyclones in 4-3 Win - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Fall Short to Swamp Rabbits - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Score Late In 2-1 Win Over Royals - Adirondack Thunder
- Zieky and Kile Each Score Twice in Rout of Lions - Maine Mariners
- Lleyton Moore Loaned to AHL Tucson - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Make Several Roster Moves Today - Allen Americans
- Sharks Reassign Chrona to Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Skeoch Traded to Adirondack - Savannah Ghost Pirates
- Olivier Legault Returns as Associate Head Coach - Fort Wayne Komets
- Atlanta Gladiators Sign Joseph Widmar - Atlanta Gladiators
- Kalamazoo Teaches Education Day Lesson, Scores Six in Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Throwback Tunes and Tossed Teddy Bears in One Fun Weekend - Worcester Railers HC
- Gresock Scores Twice in Wednesday Matinee Loss - Toledo Walleye
- Pink Whitney Night Is Back on January 23 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Gameday: Series Opener at Maverik Center vs Allen - Utah Grizzlies
- Top Two Teams in the Western Conference Square off Tonight at Cable Dahmer Arena - Kansas City Mavericks
- Savannah Shut out by Jacksonville - Savannah Ghost Pirates
- Everblades Hold Teddy Bear Jersey Auction Benefitting Bear Necessities Pediatric Cancer Foundation - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs Cincinnati Cyclones (7:05pm) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Americans Open a Six-Game Road Trip in Utah. - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Prep for Historic Deaf Awareness Game Sunday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Clash with Thunder in Midweek Road Matchup - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.