Olivier Legault Returns as Associate Head Coach
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets announced today that Olivier Legault will return to the team as associate head coach, effective immediately.
"I'm extremely appreciative to be welcomed back by the coaching staff, front office, and entire Komets organization. After a brief break, I am returning feeling rejuvenated and focused on the future," said Legault. "We have an amazing group of players this season, and I'm ready to help this team get better every day."
Legault, 37, started as an assistant coach with the Komets during the 2016-17 season under then-head coach Gary Graham. The Chibougamau, Quebec, native played portions of three seasons with the Komets, winning back-to-back Turner Cup championships in 2007-2008 and 2008-2009.
"It is great to have Olivier back. We are excited to get back to work and finish what we started," said head coach Jesse Kallechy. "We are all on the same page and focus on improving in every aspect."
"It's great news that Olivier will return to the team starting at practice tomorrow. Olivier, Jesse (Kallechy), and Cory (Melkert) were able to sit down and work out their differences," said Komet general manager David Franke. "Olivier is an integral part of the Komets on and off the ice. The players and fans will enjoy hearing the news of his return. We are very focused on the future, so this will be the organization's only comments."
The Komets host Tulsa on Friday at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum at 8:00 p.m. The club travels to Indy on Saturday before returning home to face the Iowa Heartlanders at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Marathon Fill-Up Card Fridays, December 8 -- Filling up three times at any area Marathon station earns you buy-one-get-one free tickets to any Friday home game. Visit any local Marathon Station for details.
Meijer Family Night Sunday, December 10 -- Visit the Memorial Coliseum Ticket Office and get four upper arena tickets for just $54. Also, bring your skates to go out on the ice after the game to skate with the players.
Komet Hockey on WOWO-Fans can follow the action with Shane Albahrani broadcasting play-by-play on WOWO AM 1190 and FM 92.3 FM. Game broadcasts are also streamed live at Komets.com.
Get Komet Tickets-Tickets are available for all Komet home games at the Memorial Coliseum ticket office and Ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2023
- Max Andreev's Hat Trick Leads Mavericks to a Thrilling 7-5 Victory Over Idaho - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Fall 7-5 to Kansas City in Wild Third Period - Idaho Steelheads
- Nardi Scores Lone Goal in Royals' Late Game Loss to Thunder, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- A Game to Forget for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Francis Nets Pair of Late Goals, Rabbits Weather the Cyclones in 4-3 Win - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Fall Short to Swamp Rabbits - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Score Late In 2-1 Win Over Royals - Adirondack Thunder
- Zieky and Kile Each Score Twice in Rout of Lions - Maine Mariners
- Lleyton Moore Loaned to AHL Tucson - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Make Several Roster Moves Today - Allen Americans
- Sharks Reassign Chrona to Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Skeoch Traded to Adirondack - Savannah Ghost Pirates
- Olivier Legault Returns as Associate Head Coach - Fort Wayne Komets
- Atlanta Gladiators Sign Joseph Widmar - Atlanta Gladiators
- Kalamazoo Teaches Education Day Lesson, Scores Six in Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Throwback Tunes and Tossed Teddy Bears in One Fun Weekend - Worcester Railers HC
- Gresock Scores Twice in Wednesday Matinee Loss - Toledo Walleye
- Pink Whitney Night Is Back on January 23 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Gameday: Series Opener at Maverik Center vs Allen - Utah Grizzlies
- Top Two Teams in the Western Conference Square off Tonight at Cable Dahmer Arena - Kansas City Mavericks
- Savannah Shut out by Jacksonville - Savannah Ghost Pirates
- Everblades Hold Teddy Bear Jersey Auction Benefitting Bear Necessities Pediatric Cancer Foundation - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs Cincinnati Cyclones (7:05pm) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Americans Open a Six-Game Road Trip in Utah. - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Prep for Historic Deaf Awareness Game Sunday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Clash with Thunder in Midweek Road Matchup - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Trine University Report Card Night Is Saturday, March 2nd; Komets Travel to Wheeling and Toledo this Week.
- All-American Military Weekend this Saturday and Sunday Versus Cincinnati
- Komets Hit the Road for the Next Four Games
- Komets Point Streak Hits Five Games
- Komets Roll Past Railers to Earn Five Points over the Weekend