Reggie Cannon Called into U.S. Men's National Team Camp
Frisco, Texas - FC Dallas Homegrown defender Reggie Cannon has been called in to represent the U.S. Men's National Team by new head coach Gregg Berhalter for the annual January Camp.
The camp marks the third straight USMNT call-up for Cannon. The Homegrown made his Senior Team debut against Peru on Oct. 16, playing 84 minutes in a 1-1 draw. He also played 75 minutes in a 1-0 loss against Italy on Nov. 20 at Luminus Arena in Genk, Belgium.
This will be the first training camp held by Berhalter after being named head coach on Dec. 2.
Following the 2018 season, Cannon became the all-time leading Homegrown player in franchise history to play the most minutes in a single season with 2,921 minutes. He scored his first professional goal in a 2-2 draw against Vancouver Whitecaps FC on May 19 and added three assists in 33 matches.
Cannon signed as FC Dallas' 18th Homegrown player on Dec. 22, 2016 following his freshman season with the UCLA Bruins. The 20-year-old made his professional debut on June 14, 2017 in a 2-1 win against Tulsa Roughnecks FC in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round.
About FC Dallas
A member of Major League Soccer since its inception in 1996, FC Dallas is owned and operated by Hunt Sports Group. The professional team plays its regular season from March to October at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas. FC Dallas won the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and MLS Supporters' Shield in 2016.
Toyota Stadium is one of the first soccer-specific stadiums built in the United States and is also home to the National Soccer Hall of Fame which opened on November 2, 2018. It hosts MLS and international soccer matches, high school and college football games, as well as concerts and other events.
The 145-acre Toyota Soccer Center also includes 17 regulation-sized, tournament-grade soccer fields and is also home to the organization's nationally-renowned youth development system.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 20, 2018
- Earthquakes Acquire Brazilian Midfielder Judson on Loan - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Select Matt Lampson in 2nd Stage of MLS Re-Entry Draft - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United Adds Designated Player Jan Gregus - Minnesota United FC
- Sounders FC Signs Nick Mars, TheMarsBars11, as Club's Official 2019 Esports Gamer - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo Select MF Tommy McNamara in MLS Re-Entry Draft - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati, Ohio South Join Forces in Youth Development - FC Cincinnati
- LAFC Announces New Club Spaces at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Announce 2018 Club Awards - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Launches 2019 MLS Campaign at Home on March 2 - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United to Open 2019 MLS Season at D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Announces 2019 Philadelphia Union Home Opener - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC to Open 2019 Season at Home March 2 vs. FC Cincinnati - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati to Play First MLS Game at Nippert Stadium on March 17 - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls 2019 Home Opener Announced - New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo Open 2019 Season March 2 against Real Salt Lake - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake to Face Vancouver Whitecaps in 2019 Home Opener - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Will Face New England Revolution in 2019 Home Opener - FC Dallas
- New England Revolution Announce 2019 Opening Matches - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC to Host the New York Red Bulls for Opening Match of 2019 Season on Saturday, March 2 - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy to Open 2019 MLS Season March 2 at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC Set to Open 2019 MLS Season on the Road vs. Philadelphia Union, Then Host New England Revolution in Home Opener - Toronto FC
- LAFC to Open 2019 MLS Regular Season March 3 at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Play Home Opener at Stade Saputo on April 13 - Montreal Impact
- Whitecaps FC to Kick off 2019 MLS Season March 2 at BC Place - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes to Host Montreal Impact in Almeyda's Debut on March 2 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers to Face Los Angeles FC in 2019 Home Opener at Providence Park on June 1 - Portland Timbers
- Minnesota United Announces 2019 Allianz Field Home Opener - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Announces 2019 Home Openers for All 24 Clubs - MLS
- MLS Announces 2019 Home Openers for All 24 Clubs - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire to Face Orlando City SC in 2019 Home Opener on March 9 - Chicago Fire
- Nashville MLS Signs Record Goal Scorer Cameron Lancaster - Nashville SC
- Cristian Roldan Called into U.S. Men's National Team for January Camp - Seattle Sounders FC
- New England Revolution Acquire Forward Juan Fernando Caicedo - New England Revolution
- Full-Back Daniel Lovitz Selected by the United States - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called Up to U.S. Men's National Team - LA Galaxy
- Mark McKenzie, Auston Trusty Earn First-Ever United States National Team Senior Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Aaron Long Receives USMNT January Camp Call-Up - New York Red Bulls
- Greg Garza Called up for U.S. Men's National Team's Annual January Camp - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake Duo Called into U.S. Men's National Team January Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Djordje Mihailovic Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for January Camp - Chicago Fire
- Jeremy Ebobisse Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for January Training Camp - Portland Timbers
- Reggie Cannon Called into U.S. Men's National Team Camp - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Homegrown Defender Nick Lima Called to U.S. MNT - San Jose Earthquakes
- Three Columbus Crew SC Players Receive International Call-Ups from the United States Men's National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Paul Arriola and Russell Canouse Called into USMNT January Camp - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Defeats Atlanta United FC 2-1
- 5 Things You Need to Know About FC Dallas' Match vs Atlanta United
- FC Dallas Earns a 2-1 Win against Portland
- It's Saturday Night Lights: 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvPOR
- Costa Rica to Play Bermuda, Nicaragua to Play Haiti at Toyota Stadium in 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup