Earthquakes to Host Montreal Impact in Almeyda's Debut on March 2
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes will kick off the 2019 Major League Soccer regular season at Avaya Stadium on Saturday, March 2 against the Montreal Impact (7 p.m.). The match marks the first under new head coach Matias Almeyda, who previously led Chivas de Guadalajara to the 2018 CONCACAF Champions League title. The full schedule will be released next month.
The Earthquakes have won each of their four home openers at Avaya Stadium, including a 3-2 victory over Minnesota United FC in 2018. The Quakes have a 5-1-1 record in their last seven home openers, dating back to 2012.
Earthquakes forward Chris Wondolowski has scored 144 career goals during MLS regular season play and is just one shy of Landon Donovan's all-time league record. Wondolowski has scored 10+ goals in nine consecutive seasons, an MLS record.
The Quakes will be the visitors when the reigning Supporters' Shield winner New York Red Bulls play their home opener at Red Bull Arena on Saturday, March 16. The kickoff time will be announced at a later date.
For fans that want to be part of the Earthquakes matchday experience all season long, the recently launched Terrace Pass grants access to each of the 20 home matches in 2019 for just $250. The pass is offered on a standing-room-only basis for all 19 matches at Avaya Stadium, providing an alternative for fans who want to support the team from either the TCL 4K Bar or Supporters' Terrace.
In addition to the 16 MLS games and three bonus games at Avaya Stadium, the Terrace Pass includes a ticket in either the north or south supporters' section for the California Clasico at Stanford Stadium. The annual rivalry match against the LA Galaxy has drawn more than 50,000 fans every year since its inception in 2012.
The Terrace Pass includes some of the same great benefits as a traditional season pass, including discounts on merchandise and parking, inclusion to presales, invitation to select season pass holder events, and more. However, the benefits are limited in comparison to existing plans. The pass is completely digital and provides access to tickets the day of each match that are not printable, transferable or available for resale. It also does not come with a dedicated Fan Relations Specialist or access to future Devotion Day events.
A limited amount of Terrace Passes are available on a first come, first served basis and are expected to sell out. For more information or to reserve your pass today, click here.
Single-game tickets will be available for purchase starting January 25 at 10 a.m. Groups of 10 or more can access an advance window to purchase tickets ahead of the general public by placing a priority group deposit. Click here to make your deposit today.
2019 Major League Soccer Regular Season Home Openers
All times are PST. Home teams listed first. Schedule is subject to change.
Saturday, March 2, 2019
10 a.m. - Philadelphia Union vs. Toronto FC (Talen Energy Stadium)
11:30 a.m. - Orlando City SC vs. New York City FC (Orlando City Stadium)
1:30 p.m. - Columbus Crew SC vs. New York Red Bulls (MAPFRE Stadium)
1:30 p.m. - FC Dallas vs. New England Revolution (Toyota Stadium)
3 p.m. - Houston Dynamo vs. Real Salt Lake (BBVA Compass Stadium)
3 p.m. - Colorado Rapids vs. Portland Timbers (Dick's Sporting Goods Park)
3 p.m. - Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Minnesota United FC (BC Place)
5 p.m. - LA Galaxy vs. Chicago Fire (Dignity Health Sports Park)
7 p.m. - Seattle Sounders FC vs. FC Cincinnati (CenturyLink Field)
7 p.m. - San Jose Earthquakes vs. Montreal Impact (Avaya Stadium)
Sunday, March 3, 2019
3 p.m. - D.C. United vs. Atlanta United (Audi Field)
5 p.m. - LAFC vs. Sporting Kansas City (Banc of California Stadium)
Saturday, March 9, 2019
10 a.m. - Chicago Fire vs. Orlando City SC (SeatGeek Stadium)
11 a.m. - New England Revolution vs. Columbus Crew SC (Gillette Stadium)
3 p.m. - Real Salt Lake vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC (Rio Tinto Stadium)
Sunday, March 10, 2019
12 p.m. - New York City FC vs. D.C. United (Yankee Stadium)
12 p.m. - Sporting Kansas City vs. Philadelphia Union (Children's Mercy Park)
2 p.m. - Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati (Mercedes-Benz Stadium)
Saturday, March 16, 2019
TBD - New York Red Bulls vs. San Jose Earthquakes (Red Bull Arena)
Sunday, March 17, 2019
10:30 a.m. - Toronto FC vs. New England Revolution (BMO Field)
2 p.m. - FC Cincinnati vs. Portland Timbers (Nippert Stadium)
Saturday, April 13, 2019
10 a.m. - Montreal Impact vs. Columbus Crew SC (Saputo Stadium)
2 p.m. - Minnesota United FC vs. NYCFC (Allianz Field)
Saturday, June 1, 2019
7:30 p.m. - Portland Timbers vs. LAFC (Providence Park)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 20, 2018
- Earthquakes Acquire Brazilian Midfielder Judson on Loan - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Select Matt Lampson in 2nd Stage of MLS Re-Entry Draft - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United Adds Designated Player Jan Gregus - Minnesota United FC
- Sounders FC Signs Nick Mars, TheMarsBars11, as Club's Official 2019 Esports Gamer - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo Select MF Tommy McNamara in MLS Re-Entry Draft - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati, Ohio South Join Forces in Youth Development - FC Cincinnati
- LAFC Announces New Club Spaces at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Announce 2018 Club Awards - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Launches 2019 MLS Campaign at Home on March 2 - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United to Open 2019 MLS Season at D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Announces 2019 Philadelphia Union Home Opener - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC to Open 2019 Season at Home March 2 vs. FC Cincinnati - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati to Play First MLS Game at Nippert Stadium on March 17 - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls 2019 Home Opener Announced - New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo Open 2019 Season March 2 against Real Salt Lake - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake to Face Vancouver Whitecaps in 2019 Home Opener - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Will Face New England Revolution in 2019 Home Opener - FC Dallas
- New England Revolution Announce 2019 Opening Matches - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC to Host the New York Red Bulls for Opening Match of 2019 Season on Saturday, March 2 - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy to Open 2019 MLS Season March 2 at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC Set to Open 2019 MLS Season on the Road vs. Philadelphia Union, Then Host New England Revolution in Home Opener - Toronto FC
- LAFC to Open 2019 MLS Regular Season March 3 at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Play Home Opener at Stade Saputo on April 13 - Montreal Impact
- Whitecaps FC to Kick off 2019 MLS Season March 2 at BC Place - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes to Host Montreal Impact in Almeyda's Debut on March 2 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers to Face Los Angeles FC in 2019 Home Opener at Providence Park on June 1 - Portland Timbers
- Minnesota United Announces 2019 Allianz Field Home Opener - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Announces 2019 Home Openers for All 24 Clubs - MLS
- MLS Announces 2019 Home Openers for All 24 Clubs - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire to Face Orlando City SC in 2019 Home Opener on March 9 - Chicago Fire
- Nashville MLS Signs Record Goal Scorer Cameron Lancaster - Nashville SC
- Cristian Roldan Called into U.S. Men's National Team for January Camp - Seattle Sounders FC
- New England Revolution Acquire Forward Juan Fernando Caicedo - New England Revolution
- Full-Back Daniel Lovitz Selected by the United States - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called Up to U.S. Men's National Team - LA Galaxy
- Mark McKenzie, Auston Trusty Earn First-Ever United States National Team Senior Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Aaron Long Receives USMNT January Camp Call-Up - New York Red Bulls
- Greg Garza Called up for U.S. Men's National Team's Annual January Camp - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake Duo Called into U.S. Men's National Team January Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Djordje Mihailovic Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for January Camp - Chicago Fire
- Jeremy Ebobisse Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for January Training Camp - Portland Timbers
- Reggie Cannon Called into U.S. Men's National Team Camp - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Homegrown Defender Nick Lima Called to U.S. MNT - San Jose Earthquakes
- Three Columbus Crew SC Players Receive International Call-Ups from the United States Men's National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Paul Arriola and Russell Canouse Called into USMNT January Camp - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: August 3, 2020
- Quakes eliminated from MLS is Back Tournament; finish with 3-1-1 record
- Earthquakes Face Minnesota United FC Tonight
- Earthquakes to Expand Drive-In Viewing Parties for Quarterfinals
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: July 28, 2020