Full-Back Daniel Lovitz Selected by the United States
MONTREAL - Montreal Impact full-back Daniel Lovitz was selected by the United States national team to take part in a training camp from January 7 to January 21, at the Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center in California.
"It means the absolute world to me," said Daniel Lovitz. "Just being considered is an honour, and to actually be called into a camp is an incredible opportunity. It definitely validates the work I've done over the past few years and over the course of my career."
The American national team will then head to Glendale on January 22 to face Panama in a friendly on January 27 at 8pm, at State Farm Stadium. It will then make its way to San Jose, in California, to take on Costa Rica in another friendly on February 2, at 3:30pm, at Avaya Stadium.
This marks a first training camp with the American selection for the Bleu-blanc-noir full-back.
The Impact defender of the year in 2017 had another good season in 2018 in MLS, playing 31 games, including 29 starts, scoring one goal and adding five assists.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 20, 2018
- Earthquakes Acquire Brazilian Midfielder Judson on Loan - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Select Matt Lampson in 2nd Stage of MLS Re-Entry Draft - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United Adds Designated Player Jan Gregus - Minnesota United FC
- Sounders FC Signs Nick Mars, TheMarsBars11, as Club's Official 2019 Esports Gamer - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo Select MF Tommy McNamara in MLS Re-Entry Draft - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati, Ohio South Join Forces in Youth Development - FC Cincinnati
- LAFC Announces New Club Spaces at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Announce 2018 Club Awards - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Launches 2019 MLS Campaign at Home on March 2 - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United to Open 2019 MLS Season at D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Announces 2019 Philadelphia Union Home Opener - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC to Open 2019 Season at Home March 2 vs. FC Cincinnati - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati to Play First MLS Game at Nippert Stadium on March 17 - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls 2019 Home Opener Announced - New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo Open 2019 Season March 2 against Real Salt Lake - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake to Face Vancouver Whitecaps in 2019 Home Opener - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Will Face New England Revolution in 2019 Home Opener - FC Dallas
- New England Revolution Announce 2019 Opening Matches - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC to Host the New York Red Bulls for Opening Match of 2019 Season on Saturday, March 2 - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy to Open 2019 MLS Season March 2 at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC Set to Open 2019 MLS Season on the Road vs. Philadelphia Union, Then Host New England Revolution in Home Opener - Toronto FC
- LAFC to Open 2019 MLS Regular Season March 3 at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Play Home Opener at Stade Saputo on April 13 - Montreal Impact
- Whitecaps FC to Kick off 2019 MLS Season March 2 at BC Place - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes to Host Montreal Impact in Almeyda's Debut on March 2 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers to Face Los Angeles FC in 2019 Home Opener at Providence Park on June 1 - Portland Timbers
- Minnesota United Announces 2019 Allianz Field Home Opener - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Announces 2019 Home Openers for All 24 Clubs - MLS
- MLS Announces 2019 Home Openers for All 24 Clubs - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire to Face Orlando City SC in 2019 Home Opener on March 9 - Chicago Fire
- Nashville MLS Signs Record Goal Scorer Cameron Lancaster - Nashville SC
- Cristian Roldan Called into U.S. Men's National Team for January Camp - Seattle Sounders FC
- New England Revolution Acquire Forward Juan Fernando Caicedo - New England Revolution
- Full-Back Daniel Lovitz Selected by the United States - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called Up to U.S. Men's National Team - LA Galaxy
- Mark McKenzie, Auston Trusty Earn First-Ever United States National Team Senior Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Aaron Long Receives USMNT January Camp Call-Up - New York Red Bulls
- Greg Garza Called up for U.S. Men's National Team's Annual January Camp - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake Duo Called into U.S. Men's National Team January Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Djordje Mihailovic Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for January Camp - Chicago Fire
- Jeremy Ebobisse Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for January Training Camp - Portland Timbers
- Reggie Cannon Called into U.S. Men's National Team Camp - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Homegrown Defender Nick Lima Called to U.S. MNT - San Jose Earthquakes
- Three Columbus Crew SC Players Receive International Call-Ups from the United States Men's National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Paul Arriola and Russell Canouse Called into USMNT January Camp - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.