Minnesota United Announces 2019 Allianz Field Home Opener
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Over the past two years, Minnesota United has built one of the best soccer-specific stadiums in all of North America with a fan-first approach: safe standing for its supporters, optimal sightlines throughout the stadium, fantastic food and drink options with a local twist, and architecture designed to hold noise in and provide an atmosphere that is second-to-none in the Twin Cities. And now it's official: MNUFC will take the pitch at Allianz Field for the very first time at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 13 against New York City FC for a game on ESPN.
"This day is going to be the culmination of years of hard work and planning," said MNUFC CEO Chris Wright. "We cannot wait to share Allianz Field with everyone in Minnesota. We know it will be at the pinnacle of soccer stadiums in North America and will put Midway, St. Paul and Minnesota on the global soccer map. Our home opener will be a truly historic moment for the club, the fans and the community."
Minnesota United is 1-1 all time against NYCFC, defeating the New York side 2-1 at home in 2018. Forward Angelo Rodriguez scored a first-half brace in that match, tallying his second goal of the evening after picking off a Ben Sweat pass and dribbling around Sean Johnson to slot it into the back of the net.
Traveling west, the 2019 season will begin in Vancouver for MNUFC, with the Loons getting things started against the Whitecaps on Saturday, March 2 at 5:00 p.m. The two clubs have faced each other four times these past two seasons, with Vancouver holding a slight edge on Minnesota United, who are 1-2-1 all-time versus the Whitecaps.
HOME OPENER TICKET INFORMATION
Due to high demand and the large number of season ticket members, single game tickets for the MNUFC home opener will be very limited. We anticipate that all tickets will be sold before sales open to the general public. There are, however, several options that will let fans participate in a few different presales.
Season Tickets - Season ticket members will have the first chance to purchase a limited number of additional tickets for the home opener. To be a part of this presale, you must already have 2019 season tickets or you can become a season ticket member now by purchasing supporters season tickets.
The Preserve - Members of The Preserve, the official Allianz Field waiting list, will have the next opportunity to purchase a limited number of tickets for the home opener. This will be the best opportunity for non-season ticket members to purchase tickets to the home opener, with the largest allotment of tickets available outside of the season ticket member presale.
MNUFC Newsletter - Join any MNUFC newsletter for a chance to be part of the final home opener presale. These tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, with a two-ticket limit for each purchase. Options for seats in this final presale will be extremely limited.
Home opener presales will begin in early January. To join The Preserve or purchase supporters season tickets, visit mnufc.com/tickets. To sign up for an MNUFC newsletter, visit mnufc.com/newsletter. Have questions? Give us a call at 763.4SOCCER or email [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 20, 2018
- Earthquakes Acquire Brazilian Midfielder Judson on Loan - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Select Matt Lampson in 2nd Stage of MLS Re-Entry Draft - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United Adds Designated Player Jan Gregus - Minnesota United FC
- Sounders FC Signs Nick Mars, TheMarsBars11, as Club's Official 2019 Esports Gamer - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo Select MF Tommy McNamara in MLS Re-Entry Draft - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati, Ohio South Join Forces in Youth Development - FC Cincinnati
- LAFC Announces New Club Spaces at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Announce 2018 Club Awards - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Launches 2019 MLS Campaign at Home on March 2 - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United to Open 2019 MLS Season at D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Announces 2019 Philadelphia Union Home Opener - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC to Open 2019 Season at Home March 2 vs. FC Cincinnati - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati to Play First MLS Game at Nippert Stadium on March 17 - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls 2019 Home Opener Announced - New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo Open 2019 Season March 2 against Real Salt Lake - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake to Face Vancouver Whitecaps in 2019 Home Opener - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Will Face New England Revolution in 2019 Home Opener - FC Dallas
- New England Revolution Announce 2019 Opening Matches - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC to Host the New York Red Bulls for Opening Match of 2019 Season on Saturday, March 2 - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy to Open 2019 MLS Season March 2 at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC Set to Open 2019 MLS Season on the Road vs. Philadelphia Union, Then Host New England Revolution in Home Opener - Toronto FC
- LAFC to Open 2019 MLS Regular Season March 3 at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Impact to Play Home Opener at Stade Saputo on April 13 - Montreal Impact
- Whitecaps FC to Kick off 2019 MLS Season March 2 at BC Place - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes to Host Montreal Impact in Almeyda's Debut on March 2 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers to Face Los Angeles FC in 2019 Home Opener at Providence Park on June 1 - Portland Timbers
- Minnesota United Announces 2019 Allianz Field Home Opener - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Announces 2019 Home Openers for All 24 Clubs - MLS
- MLS Announces 2019 Home Openers for All 24 Clubs - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire to Face Orlando City SC in 2019 Home Opener on March 9 - Chicago Fire
- Nashville MLS Signs Record Goal Scorer Cameron Lancaster - Nashville SC
- Cristian Roldan Called into U.S. Men's National Team for January Camp - Seattle Sounders FC
- New England Revolution Acquire Forward Juan Fernando Caicedo - New England Revolution
- Full-Back Daniel Lovitz Selected by the United States - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called Up to U.S. Men's National Team - LA Galaxy
- Mark McKenzie, Auston Trusty Earn First-Ever United States National Team Senior Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Aaron Long Receives USMNT January Camp Call-Up - New York Red Bulls
- Greg Garza Called up for U.S. Men's National Team's Annual January Camp - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake Duo Called into U.S. Men's National Team January Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Djordje Mihailovic Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for January Camp - Chicago Fire
- Jeremy Ebobisse Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for January Training Camp - Portland Timbers
- Reggie Cannon Called into U.S. Men's National Team Camp - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Homegrown Defender Nick Lima Called to U.S. MNT - San Jose Earthquakes
- Three Columbus Crew SC Players Receive International Call-Ups from the United States Men's National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Paul Arriola and Russell Canouse Called into USMNT January Camp - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.