Rangers Recall Seven from Wolf Pack
HARTFORD, CT - New York Rangers President and General Manager Chris Drury announced on Saturday morning that the club has recalled forwards Tim Gettinger and Lauri Pajuniemi, defensemen Zac Jones, Matthew Robertson, Nils Lundkvist, and Jarred Tinordi, and goaltender Keith Kinkaid from the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack.
Gettinger, selected in the fifth round (141st overall) by the Rangers in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft, skated in 45 games with the Wolf Pack during the 2021-22 season. The native of Cleveland, Ohio, recorded 25 points (10 g, 15 a), while also leading the club with a plus-9 +/- rating. In addition, Gettinger skated in eight games with the Rangers during the 2021-22 regular season.
Pajuniemi, selected in the fifth round (132nd overall) by the Rangers in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft, registered 26 points (13 g, 13 a) in 51 games during his rookie AHL season. Pajuniemi finished tied for fourth among goal scorers on the club with his 13 tallies. He has yet to make his NHL debut.
Jones, selected in the third round (68th overall) by the Rangers in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft, appeared in 52 games with the Wolf Pack in his rookie professional season. Jones recorded 35 points (9 g, 26 a), including his first professional goal, with the Pack in 2021-22. Jones led all Wolf Pack rookies and defensemen in scoring, while also finishing tied for 16th in scoring among AHL defensemen.
Tinordi, signed by the Rangers as a free agent on July 28th, 2021, appeared in seven games with the Rangers this season and scored one goal. In 32 games with the Wolf Pack, Tinordi scored five points (1 g, 4 a).
Lundkvist, selected in the first round (28th overall) by the Rangers in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft, skated in 34 games with the Wolf Pack during his rookie season in North America. Lundkvist scored 15 points (3 g, 12 a) during his time with the Pack. All three of his AHL goals during the 2021-22 season stood as game winning goals. Lundkvist also appeared in 25 games with the Rangers, scoring four points (1 g, 3 a). He notched his first career NHL goal on December 8th, 2021, against the Colorado Avalanche at Madison Square Garden.
Robertson, selected in the second round (49th overall) by the Rangers in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft, played in 65 games with the Wolf Pack during his rookie campaign. He finished with eleven points (1 g, 10 a) on the season. Robertson scored his first professional goal on February 12th, 2022, against the Rochester Americans at the XL Center.
Kinkaid, signed by the Rangers as an unrestricted free agent on October 9th, 2020, posted a record of 20-14-2 with the Wolf Pack. He finished the season with a team-high .904 save percentage and 2.91 goals against average in 37 appearances with the club. Kinkaid also notched Hartford's lone shutout in 2021-22, making 31 saves on January 15th, 2022, against the Laval Rocket.
Kinkaid made one appearance with the Rangers during the 2021-22 regular season, defeating the Arizona Coyotes on December 15th, 2021.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 30, 2022
- Condors to Host Abbotsford in First Round Starting Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Opening Schedules Announced for 2022 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- Heat Fall in Regular Season Finale, 3-1 - Stockton Heat
- Take a Bow, Phantoms Sandstrom Shutout Win Ends Season - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Fall in Hard Fought 5-2 Loss to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Griffins Defeat Cleveland Behind Barber's Hat Trick - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins Drop Last Game of Regular Season - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Providence Bruins Fall to Utica Comets, 3-2 on Saturday Night - Providence Bruins
- Morris Shines in Front of Sellout Crowd - Rockford IceHogs
- Belleville Sens Win Regular-Season Finale - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Set to Face Belleville Senators in First-Round Play-In of 2022 Calder Cup Playoffs - Rochester Americans
- Syracuse Crunch to Face Laval Rocket in North Division Semifinals - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Rack up Records in Rockford - Chicago Wolves
- Belleville Sens Announce Full Schedule for Best-Of-Three First Round Series - Belleville Senators
- Comets Victorious against Bruins in Final Regular Season Game - Utica Comets
- Silver Knights Announce First-Round Playoff Schedule - Henderson Silver Knights
- Moose Crush Abbotsford, 6-0 - Manitoba Moose
- Canucks Shutout 6-0 by the Moose in Final Game of Regular Season - Abbotsford Canucks
- IceHogs Unveil 2021-22 Team Awards - Rockford IceHogs
- 5 Things: Heat at Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Detroit Reassigns Trio to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Recalls Scheel from Texas and Reassigns Karlstrom - Texas Stars
- Series Preview vs. Ontario: April 30 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Monsters Head Coach Mike Eaves to Step Away from Bench Following 2021-22 Season - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Riley Nash from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Anaheim Ducks Reassign Four to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Sandström, Högberg, Zamula Returned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- IceHogs and Wolves Clash in Regular Season Finale - Rockford IceHogs
- Comets Receive Several Players Ahead of Post Season - Utica Comets
- Heat Face Bakersfield in Regular Season Finale - Stockton Heat
- Rangers Recall Seven from Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Syracuse Crunch
- Toronto Marlies Visit Senators for Regular Season Finale - Toronto Marlies
- Roadrunners Close Out 2021-2022 Season With 3-2 Shootout Win - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Close Regular Season with Shootout Setback - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Wolf Pack Stories
- Wolf Pack Agree to Terms on a One-Year AHL Contract with Defenseman Louka Henault
- Wolf Pack Alum Igor Shesterkin Wins 2022 Vezina Trophy
- Hartford Wolf Pack Announce First-Ever Outdoor Street Hockey Festival in August
- Wolf Pack and Forward Easton Brodzinski Agree to Terms on a One-Year AHL Contract
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Zach Giuttari to a One-Year AHL Contract