P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-1
HARTFORD, CT. - Joona Koppanen scored the lone goal for the Providence Bruins on Saturday night as they fell to the Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-1, at XL Center. Jeremy Lauzon and Pavel Shen each collected an assist in the loss. With the defeat, Providence dropped to second place in the Atlantic Division.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
PROVIDENCE 0 1 0 1
HARTFORD 2 2 0 4
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"It wasn't a very good game for us. We played a team that is defensively structured, plays inside and boxes out. We didn't show enough resolve in those areas to get looks at their very good goaltender.
"At the same time, we made mistakes on the other side of things that allowed them to have plenty of opportunities that put as at a disadvantage and caused us to give up goals. It was not a very good outing for us. We've got to figure out how to play a better team, inside game against this group or we won't have success."
JOONA KOPPANEN - ONE GOAL
"I think I feel much more comfortable with my game. I'm just trying to make some plays and shoot more pucks and fortunately some goals have come from that.
"It was a tough game. We had some chances, we just couldn't put the puck in. They just played a much better game than we did. We have to get past this game and practice hard this week. It's a big three games coming up, so we'll need to be ready." JOONA KOPPANEN - ONE GOAL
- With a goal tonight, Joona Koppanen has now recorded seven goals this season. His previous high for a single season was two. He has also added six assists and has a career-high 13 points this season.
- Pavel Shen collected an assist and has points in two consecutive games after scoring a goal last night. The rookie has recorded three points (2G, 1A) in his last four games.
- Jeremy Lauzon collected the secondary assist on Koppanen's goal and has recorded one assist in two consecutive contests.
- The Bruins will return home to Providence, Rhode Island for a rematch with the Hartford Wolf Pack on Friday, January 3 at Dunkin' Donuts Center. Puck drop is set for 7:05 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2019
- Late Rally Falls Short at Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Condors Earn 4-3 Home Win in Front of 6,271 - Bakersfield Condors
- Grundstrom Scores in OT to Beat Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Win Streak Reaches Six Games with 4-3 Victory at Tucson - Colorado Eagles
- Kostin Caps Big Night with OT Winner in Texas - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Blanked by Binghamton - Rochester Americans
- San Antonio Edges Texas 5-4 in Overtime Battle - Texas Stars
- Iowa Falls to Chicago 4-3 - Iowa Wild
- Devils Blank Amerks, 2-0 - Binghamton Devils
- Fitzgerald Nets Goals in Back-To-Back Games - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bellows scores first professional hat trick on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ads Home Winning Streak Snapped at 9 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Abramov Scores Hat-Trick in Win over Syracuse - Belleville Senators
- Penguins Snap Bears' Streak with 2-1 Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Forge Tie for First - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Fall Short in 5-1 Loss to Checkers - Cleveland Monsters
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Bears Win Streak Ends at Nine, Downed by Pens 2-1 - Hershey Bears
- Cotter's First Goal Lifts Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Prow Sinks Sound Tigers Comeback Try in OT Win - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Comets Spook Phantoms in Road Win - Utica Comets
- Senators Blow Past Crunch, 8-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Offensive Outburst Leads Rocket to 6-1 Win over Marlies - Laval Rocket
- Taylor to Serve as Coach of North Division All-Star Team at 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - Rochester Americans
- Daccord Looking to Build on Early AHL Success - Belleville Senators
- Moose Recall Forward Bobby Lynch - Manitoba Moose
- Anaheim Ducks Reassign Sprong to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Marlies Close out 3-In-3 Today in Laval - Toronto Marlies
- Save of the Day Foundation Mega Month Jackpot over $49,000 - Utica Comets
- Game 29 Preview: Colorado at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Senators Sign Percy to AHL Contract - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, December 28, 2019 at Binghamton Devils - Rochester Americans
- Heat Look to Push Point Streak to Eight Saturday against Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Dillan Fox to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rangers Recall Steven Fogarty from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Emil Larmi Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Sign Brady Vail to Professional Tryout - Rochester Americans
- Brown Reassigned to Belleville; Beaudin and Jaros Recalled - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Crunch, December 28 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Penguins, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Torrid Scoring Lifts Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Reign Trampled by Gulls - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Complete Weekend Sweep, Beat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2
- Vladar Records Shutout as P-Bruins Defeat Laval Rocket, 3-0
- P-Bruins Top Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 4-2
- P-Bruins Earn One Point, Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers in Overtime, 2-1
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 4-2