Osuna Slugs Way to International League Player of the Week Award
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Indians, in conjunction with the International League, today announced infielder Jose Osuna as the IL Player of the Week for the week of Aug. 20-26. The award is the first weekly honor of Osuna's nine-year professional career.
The 25-year-old hit a robust .478 (11-for-23) with three home runs, nine RBI, four runs scored and a 1.370 OPS in six games against Columbus and Louisville this past week. He hit safely in all six contests and had four multi-hit performances, including three consecutive two-hit games over the weekend vs. the Bats. The Venezuelan ranked among league leaders for the week in RBI (T-1st), slugging percentage (2nd, .870), hits (T-2nd), homers (T-2nd), OPS (3rd) and average (5th).
Osuna is batting .325 (92-for-283) with eight homers, 26 doubles, 58 RBI and an .883 OPS in 77 games for the Tribe this season. He last hit north of .300 for a season back in 2011 between the GCL Pirates and Short-Season A State College.
Indy now has six Pitcher/Player of the Week Awards in 2018, tied with Columbus and Lehigh Valley for most in the IL. Nick Kingham won the IL Pitcher of the Week Award on April 16 and June 18, Kevin Newman was named IL Player of the Week on May 14, Brandon Waddell won the IL Pitcher of the Week Award on July 16 and J.T. Brubaker was the IL Pitcher of the Week on Aug. 6.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 27, 2018
- Kramer, Wood Record Two Hits Apiece in Loss - Indianapolis Indians
- One Last Homer for Vladdy as Bisons Fall 4-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- RailRiders Take IronRail Series - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs Fall in Finale; Iron Rail Returns to Moosic - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats Dominate Indians in 14-2 Win - Louisville Bats
- Knights Beat the Stripers 3-1 in Monday's Finale - Charlotte Knights
- Chiefs Pull off Another Comeback Win, Surging Past Wings, 6-3 - Syracuse Mets
- Wings Fall in Final Road Game, 6-3, Monday - Rochester Red Wings
- Knights Outpace Stripers Monday to Split Series - Gwinnett Stripers
- Cuevas Fans 10 in 4-2 Win over Buffalo - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Norfolk and Durham Suspended Monday Night at Harbor Park - Norfolk Tides
- Spencer Turnbull Impresses in Hens Debut - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Name C Danny Jansen 2018 Team MVP - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes 8-27 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Rochester Red Wings Homestand Highlights - Rochester Red Wings
- Bats Three-Game Winning Streak Snapped, Losing 5-3 - Louisville Bats
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 27 - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Sox Rehabbers on the Horizon - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Monday, August 27, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- IronPigs' Playoff Schedule Now Official - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (70-62) vs. Louisville Bats (57-72) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Pawtucket (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Buffalo Bisons Announce 2019 Playing Schedule - Buffalo Bisons
- Chiefs Homestand Highlights - August 27th, August 31st-September 3rd - Syracuse Mets
- Osuna Slugs Way to International League Player of the Week Award - Indianapolis Indians
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- Touki Toussaint Named IL Pitcher of the Week - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Announce Return of Ballpark Golf Course, 'The Links at Coca-Cola Field' - Buffalo Bisons
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Knights Sink the Stripers 10-4 on Sunday - Charlotte Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Staying the Course: A Summer of Preparing for the Unexpected
- Cam Vieaux Coaches his Way Through 2020
- Staff Highlight: Joey Stevenson, Director of Field Operations
- Indianapolis Indians Charities Partners with Toys for Tots
- Rowdie's GIVEmber Campaign Ignites Holiday Spirit