Knights Sink the Stripers 10-4 on Sunday
(UPTOWN CHARLOTTE, NC) - On a night when professional wrestling was celebrated at BB&T Ballpark, the Charlotte Knights pulled out all the stops to pin the Gwinnett Stripers.
LHP Jordan Guerrero struck-out 10 batters over five solid innings, and the team's powerful offense swatted 15 hits to earn a commanding 10-4 win on Sunday night from BB&T Ballpark in Uptown Charlotte. A crowd of 9,164 fans witnessed a terrific offensive showing from the Knights, who beat the Stripers for the eighth time this season.
Guerrero (6-2, 3.36) gave up four runs on five hits over five innings to earn his sixth win of the season with the Knights. He walked two batters and struck-out a Triple-A best 10 to win for the second-consecutive game. Relievers Caleb Frare (2.0 IP) and Gregory Infante (2.0 IP) held the Stripers scoreless over the final four innings to lead the Knights to their 60th win of the 2018 season.
Left fielder Eloy Jiménez, the top prospect in the Chicago White Sox system, finished just a home run shy of hitting-for-the-cycle. Jiménez singled, doubled, and tripled in the game to help pace the offense. Overall, he finished the game 3-for-4 with three RBIs. Designated hitter Seby Zavala and center fielder Charlie Tilson also had three hits apiece in the game. Additionally, Tilson had three RBIs, while Zavala had two. Every Charlotte batter had at least one hit in the game.
The two teams will conclude their four-game series on Monday with a 7:04 p.m. game. Gates will open at 6:00 p.m. for the final Bark in the Ballpark game of the season presented by Williams Subaru of Charlotte. Pre-game radio coverage will begin at 6:50 p.m. on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad and long-time broadcaster Mike Pacheco will have the call for all of the action.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 27, 2018
- Kramer, Wood Record Two Hits Apiece in Loss - Indianapolis Indians
- One Last Homer for Vladdy as Bisons Fall 4-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- RailRiders Take IronRail Series - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs Fall in Finale; Iron Rail Returns to Moosic - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats Dominate Indians in 14-2 Win - Louisville Bats
- Knights Beat the Stripers 3-1 in Monday's Finale - Charlotte Knights
- Chiefs Pull off Another Comeback Win, Surging Past Wings, 6-3 - Syracuse Mets
- Wings Fall in Final Road Game, 6-3, Monday - Rochester Red Wings
- Knights Outpace Stripers Monday to Split Series - Gwinnett Stripers
- Cuevas Fans 10 in 4-2 Win over Buffalo - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Norfolk and Durham Suspended Monday Night at Harbor Park - Norfolk Tides
- Spencer Turnbull Impresses in Hens Debut - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Name C Danny Jansen 2018 Team MVP - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes 8-27 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Rochester Red Wings Homestand Highlights - Rochester Red Wings
- Bats Three-Game Winning Streak Snapped, Losing 5-3 - Louisville Bats
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 27 - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Sox Rehabbers on the Horizon - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Monday, August 27, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- IronPigs' Playoff Schedule Now Official - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (70-62) vs. Louisville Bats (57-72) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Pawtucket (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Buffalo Bisons Announce 2019 Playing Schedule - Buffalo Bisons
- Chiefs Homestand Highlights - August 27th, August 31st-September 3rd - Syracuse Mets
- Osuna Slugs Way to International League Player of the Week Award - Indianapolis Indians
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- Touki Toussaint Named IL Pitcher of the Week - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Announce Return of Ballpark Golf Course, 'The Links at Coca-Cola Field' - Buffalo Bisons
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Knights Sink the Stripers 10-4 on Sunday - Charlotte Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.