IronPigs' Playoff Schedule Now Official
The IL North champion Lehigh Valley IronPigs could host as many as five playoff games this September at Coca-Cola Park.
With Saturday's walk-off victory over the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, Lehigh Valley clinched the first division title in the team's 11-year history and secured a home playoff opener on Friday, Sept. 7 at 7:05 p.m.
The Pigs will open the International League Divisional Series on the road against whomever claims the IL Wild Card on Sept. 5-6. The best-of-five series shifts to Coca-Cola Park on Sept. 7 with further matchups on Saturday, Sept. 8 at 6:35 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 9 at 5:35 p.m. if necessary.
Should Lehigh Valley advance to the IL Championship Series (Governor's Cup Finals), they would host Games 1 and 2 on Sept. 11-12 at 7:05 p.m.
Individual tickets and five-game plans for the 2018 IronPigs playoffs presented by Provident Bank are now available online at IronPigsBaseball.com, by phone at (610) 841-PIGS (7447) x1 and at the Coca-Cola Park ticket windows during regular business hours. The ticket windows are open Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Special playoff hats and shirts are now available at the Majestic Clubhouse Store and ShopIronPigs.com. A new shipment of red IL North Division Champions T-Shirts is expected in the next 48 hours after the initial stock of shirts sold out in less than one day.
Guests will be encouraged to wear red throughout the playoffs as they watch the Pigs chase their first-ever IL championship.
The Friday, Sept. 7 home playoff opener features a rally towel giveaway (5,000 guests) presented by Service Electric Cable TV & Communications. The contest will be followed by a special fireworks display.
If the Pigs play Saturday, Sept. 8, that contest will also be followed by postgame fireworks. Sunday's series finale (if necessary) will conclude with a very special evening edition of postgame Kids Run the Bases presented by Lehigh Valley Children's Hospital.
Below is a look at the Pigs' playoff schedule. Game dates and times are subject to change:
ROUND 1: IL Divisional Series
Game 1: Friday, September 7, 7:05 p.m.
Game 2: Saturday, September 8, 6:35 p.m. (if necessary)
Game 3: Sunday, September 9, 5:35 p.m. (if necessary)
ROUND 2: IL Championship (Governor's Cup Finals)
Game 4: Tuesday, September 11, 7:05 p.m.
Game 5: Wednesday, September 12, 7:05 p.m.
Group hospitality options are available for all IronPigs playoff games. Book your group by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447) x2.
The 2018 Season is the IronPigs' 11th season at Coca-Cola Park and 11th as the top affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. Fans can get closer to the team than ever before with a Bacon, USA membership -- a year-round IronPigs experience pass featuring numerous amenities such as savings on parking at games and at the Majestic Clubhouse Store at Coca-Cola Park, on-field VIP access to watch batting practice, access to the annual holiday party, and more. For more information, click here or call (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 27, 2018
- Kramer, Wood Record Two Hits Apiece in Loss - Indianapolis Indians
- One Last Homer for Vladdy as Bisons Fall 4-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- RailRiders Take IronRail Series - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs Fall in Finale; Iron Rail Returns to Moosic - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats Dominate Indians in 14-2 Win - Louisville Bats
- Knights Beat the Stripers 3-1 in Monday's Finale - Charlotte Knights
- Chiefs Pull off Another Comeback Win, Surging Past Wings, 6-3 - Syracuse Mets
- Wings Fall in Final Road Game, 6-3, Monday - Rochester Red Wings
- Knights Outpace Stripers Monday to Split Series - Gwinnett Stripers
- Cuevas Fans 10 in 4-2 Win over Buffalo - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Norfolk and Durham Suspended Monday Night at Harbor Park - Norfolk Tides
- Spencer Turnbull Impresses in Hens Debut - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Name C Danny Jansen 2018 Team MVP - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes 8-27 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Rochester Red Wings Homestand Highlights - Rochester Red Wings
- Bats Three-Game Winning Streak Snapped, Losing 5-3 - Louisville Bats
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 27 - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Sox Rehabbers on the Horizon - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Monday, August 27, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- IronPigs' Playoff Schedule Now Official - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (70-62) vs. Louisville Bats (57-72) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Pawtucket (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Buffalo Bisons Announce 2019 Playing Schedule - Buffalo Bisons
- Chiefs Homestand Highlights - August 27th, August 31st-September 3rd - Syracuse Mets
- Osuna Slugs Way to International League Player of the Week Award - Indianapolis Indians
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- Touki Toussaint Named IL Pitcher of the Week - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Announce Return of Ballpark Golf Course, 'The Links at Coca-Cola Field' - Buffalo Bisons
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Knights Sink the Stripers 10-4 on Sunday - Charlotte Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.