Nunez's Three-Homer Game Ignites Isotopes to Historic 23-2 Win
Isotopes 23 (11-7), Rainiers 2 (6-12) - Isotopes Park - Albuquerque, N.M.
AT THE DISH: The Isotopes tied their single-game record for runs scored with 23. The only other time they scored 23 was on July 30, 2009 vs. Oklahoma City (23-6) ... Dom Nunez became the first Isotope since Prentice Redman on April 18, 2010 to hit three-home runs in a single-game. Nunez homered in the first, third and eighth innings ... Nunez was one of four Isotopes to homer as Sam Hilliard, Drew Weeks and Roberto Ramos also went deep ... Hilliard homered for the fourth consecutive contest ... Ramos's eight RBI were tied for the most in team history, last accomplished by Jerry Sands on July 29, 2012 at Nashville. Ramos' home run was a grand slam in the eighth inning ... Albuquerque's 13 extra-base hits were the most in team history ... The Isotopes put up seven-run frames in both the first and third innings.
TOEING THE RUBBER: Isotopes starter Peter Lambert earned his first win of the season, limiting Tacoma to one run and five hits in 5.0 innings. The 22-year-old right-hander walked one batter and struck out six during his 90-pitch outing ... Justin Lawrence allowed one run in his 1.2 innings of relief while Jairo Diaz and Yency Almonte both posted scoreless appearances.
TOPES TIDBITS: The Isotopes tied their record for largest margin of victory. Albuquerque also won by 21 runs on Aug. 13, 2017 vs. Fresno (22-1) ... The Isotopes will be going for their first sweep of the season on Monday as well as their first sweep against Tacoma since 2006 ... Albuquerque's four-game winning streak dating back to Thursday is tied for its longest of the season.
ON DECK: Tacoma Rainiers at Albuquerque Isotopes, 11:05 a.m. MT, Isotopes Park ... School Day Matinee.
PROBABLES: Isotopes: RHP Jeff Hoffman (0-2, 13.89) Rainiers: LHP Justus Sheffield (0-1, 4.11)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 21, 2019
- Crawford Extends Streak, Curletta Goes Yard But Rainiers Drop Third-Straight - Tacoma Rainiers
- Cats Power Past Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Late Sacramento Rally Sinks Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Jankins Leads Missions Staff in Shutout Effort - San Antonio Missions
- Beede shuts down Bees for River Catsâ?? third straight win - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Split Doubleheader on Easter - Nashville Sounds
- Snyder and Grizzlies outslug Aviators 9-8 Sunday afternoon - Fresno Grizzlies
- Sosa Wins It for Redbirds in 10th - Memphis Redbirds
- Nunez's Three-Homer Game Ignites Isotopes to Historic 23-2 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Edged by Redbirds in 10th Inning Walkoff Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Naylor, France Connect on Pair of Back-to-Back Shots to Power Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- El Paso's Big Dogs Go Back-To-Back Two Times in Win over Aces - Reno Aces
- I-Cubs Win Third Straight at Bricktown - Iowa Cubs
- Cubs Homer Way to 8-3 Win in OKC Sunday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Blewett Fans 10, Chasers Fall 4-3 in New Orleans - Omaha Storm Chasers
- New Orleans Blanks Omaha 10-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Cakes Offense Erupts as Beggs Blanks Omaha in Triple-A Debut - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Doubleheader Information: Nashville Sounds (4-11) vs. San Antonio Missions (8-7) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (8-8) vs. Round Rock Express (10-6) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Grizzlies home run streak ends in 11-0 loss to Aviators - Fresno Grizzlies
- Home run barrage lifts River Cats over Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Crush Reno, 12-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Lopes Collects Four Hits But Rainiers Fall in Second-Straight - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Bats Remain Hot in 12-4 Win over Tacoma - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Day Two of Isotopes Job Fair Tomorrow
- Isotopes to Host 18th Annual Job Fair
- Isotopes Announce Warren Schaeffer as New Manager
- Ã¢ÂÂMinor League Baseball Awards Mariachis de Nuevo Mexico (Albuquerque Isotopes) Copa de la DiversiÃÂ³n Winner for Second Consecutive Year
- Mariachis de Nuevo Mexico Among the Copa de la Diversion Final Five