Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds
San Antonio Missions (8-7) at Nashville Sounds (4-11)
Games #16 & 17/Away Games #9 & 10
Sunday, April 21, 2:05 p.m. Game 1 of Doubleheader
First Tennessee Park
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Zack Brown (0-1, 4.08) vs. RHP Ariel Jurado (2-0, 4.50)
RHP Thomas Jankisn (0-0, 0.00) vs. LHP Wes Benjamin (0-2, 7.11)
Limiting the Damage: With the Missions allowing two runs to score in last night's game, that sets a new season best for fewest runs allowed in a game. The Missions have won all four games this season when they limit the opposing team to three runs or less. In contrast, the Missions are 4-7 in games that they give up four or more runs.
Action Jackson: Missions pitcher Jay Jackson continues to keep runs off the board after another scoreless outing in last night's game. Jackson converted his second save opportunity of the season and in doing so struckout the side as well.
Streaking Hiura: Missions infielder Keston Hiura currently holds a team high seven game hitting streak after picking up a base hit in last night's game. This is his second hitting streak of at least five games so far this season.
No Long Balls on the Menu: Last night's game was the first time in the last ten games that the Missions did not allow a homerun. It is also just the second game this season where the Missions pitching staff did not allow a homerun.
*What They're Saying*
San Antonio Missions Baseball Club (@missionsmilb)
The sun is out sooooo, let's play two. Jon Wayne Service Co. Missions lineup for the opener. Zack Brown takes the hill for the good guys. Happy Easter!
Matt Stein (@MatthewGStein)
Burch Smith tossed 5 scoreless frames for @missionsmilb yesterday, allowing just 2 hits and 2 walks while striking out 5. In 3 starts this season, he is now 2-0 and ranks second in the PCL with a 0.56 ERA (16ip, 1er). Smith has limited opponents to a .137 (7-for-51) average.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 21, 2019
- Crawford Extends Streak, Curletta Goes Yard But Rainiers Drop Third-Straight - Tacoma Rainiers
- Cats Power Past Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Late Sacramento Rally Sinks Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Jankins Leads Missions Staff in Shutout Effort - San Antonio Missions
- Beede shuts down Bees for River Catsâ?? third straight win - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Split Doubleheader on Easter - Nashville Sounds
- Snyder and Grizzlies outslug Aviators 9-8 Sunday afternoon - Fresno Grizzlies
- Sosa Wins It for Redbirds in 10th - Memphis Redbirds
- Nunez's Three-Homer Game Ignites Isotopes to Historic 23-2 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Edged by Redbirds in 10th Inning Walkoff Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Naylor, France Connect on Pair of Back-to-Back Shots to Power Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- El Paso's Big Dogs Go Back-To-Back Two Times in Win over Aces - Reno Aces
- I-Cubs Win Third Straight at Bricktown - Iowa Cubs
- Cubs Homer Way to 8-3 Win in OKC Sunday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Blewett Fans 10, Chasers Fall 4-3 in New Orleans - Omaha Storm Chasers
- New Orleans Blanks Omaha 10-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Cakes Offense Erupts as Beggs Blanks Omaha in Triple-A Debut - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Doubleheader Information: Nashville Sounds (4-11) vs. San Antonio Missions (8-7) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (8-8) vs. Round Rock Express (10-6) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Grizzlies home run streak ends in 11-0 loss to Aviators - Fresno Grizzlies
- Home run barrage lifts River Cats over Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Crush Reno, 12-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Lopes Collects Four Hits But Rainiers Fall in Second-Straight - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Bats Remain Hot in 12-4 Win over Tacoma - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- San Antonio Missions Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball
- San Antonio Missions Announce 2020 Schedule
- Former Missions Outfielder Trent Grisham Named Milwaukee Brewers Minor League Player of the Year
- 2019 Season Review
- Sorting out Bittersweet Memories