Nashville Sounds Doubleheader Information: Nashville Sounds (4-11) vs. San Antonio Missions (8-7)
Games #16 & #17: Nashville Sounds (4-11) vs. San Antonio Missions (8-7)
Game 1 Pitching Matchup: RHP Ariel Jurado (2-0, 4.50) vs. RHP Zack Brown (0-1, 4.08)
Game 2 Pitching Matchup: LHP Wes Benjamin (0-2, 7.11) vs. RHP Thomas Jankins (0-0, ---)
First Pitch: 2:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
At the Park
Gates open at 1:00 p.m.
Easter Weekend All-You-Can-Eat Cookout - Fans are welcome to join the Easter celebration party on the Budweiser Club Deck. Tickets start at $60 for Club Level and $65 for Diamond Club and includes a ticket to the game, all-you-can-eat buffet on the Budweiser Club Deck, Budweiser and Bud Light draft beer, soda, water & tea, commemorative Sounds sunglasses and exclusive access to the Brauer Club Lounge.
Youth Sports Day - Players and families of Middle Tennessee youth sports leagues are eligible for a $2 discount on tickets and can participate in a pregame parade on the field. Fans must contact the Nashville Sounds sales team to receive a discount code.
Middle Tennessee Hyundai Dealers pre-game autograph session with select Sounds players from 1:00 to 1:15 p.m.
Postgame (Game 2) Kids Run the Bases (12 & under) presented by First Tennessee.
Postgame (Game 2) Family Catch on the Field.
From the Notes
Starter Going Six: Last night's 6.0-inning performance by lefty Taylor Hearn was the fourth time of the season the Sounds got at least 6.0 innings from their starter. They are now 1-3 in those games coming on April 12 when Richelson Pena went 7.0 innings against San Antonio.
That's Quality: Taylor Hearn also turned in his first quality start of the season (6 IP, 3 ER) and the team's third of the season. He joins Richelson Pena and Ariel Jurado as the only Sounds starters to log a quality start this year. Nashville is 1-2 in those games.
Held 'Em to a Season-Low: Nashville pitchers Taylor Hearn, Brady Feigl, Kyle Bird and David Carpenter held San Antonio to only 5 hits last night - a season low by a Sounds opponent. Hearn allowed 2 and Bird allowed 3.
Granite Basepaths: Outfielder Zack Granite has reached base safely in 8 games, tying the longest mark by a Sounds player in 2019 (Willie Calhoun & Andy Andy Ibáñez). Granite is hitting .281 (9-for-32) with 4 runs, 3 RBI, 1 double, 2 triples and 2 walks during the streak. His on-base percentage during the 8-game stretch is .324.
What's the word around Nashville?
See you guys in a few hours! RT @nashvillesounds: Happy Easter, #Sounds fans! We've got plenty of baseball in our baskets. See you later for the doubleheader
First Tennessee Park (@FirstTNPark)
Happy Easter! Who's ready for 2x the baseball? @nashvillesounds vs San Antonio Missions : 2:05 p.m. : http://atmilb.com/2ESxhc0 : http://bit.ly/2FZSotz The second game will start 30 minutes after the conclusion of the first. #SoundsRemastered
Nashville Sounds (@nashvillesounds)
Looks like the Easter bunny had a little help this morning! Be on the lookout for Easter eggs hidden throughout the park with prizes like baseball cards, stickers, #SoundsRemastered items & autographed items. Happy searching!
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 21, 2019
- Crawford Extends Streak, Curletta Goes Yard But Rainiers Drop Third-Straight - Tacoma Rainiers
- Cats Power Past Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Late Sacramento Rally Sinks Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Jankins Leads Missions Staff in Shutout Effort - San Antonio Missions
- Beede shuts down Bees for River Catsâ?? third straight win - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Split Doubleheader on Easter - Nashville Sounds
- Snyder and Grizzlies outslug Aviators 9-8 Sunday afternoon - Fresno Grizzlies
- Sosa Wins It for Redbirds in 10th - Memphis Redbirds
- Nunez's Three-Homer Game Ignites Isotopes to Historic 23-2 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Edged by Redbirds in 10th Inning Walkoff Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Naylor, France Connect on Pair of Back-to-Back Shots to Power Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- El Paso's Big Dogs Go Back-To-Back Two Times in Win over Aces - Reno Aces
- I-Cubs Win Third Straight at Bricktown - Iowa Cubs
- Cubs Homer Way to 8-3 Win in OKC Sunday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Blewett Fans 10, Chasers Fall 4-3 in New Orleans - Omaha Storm Chasers
- New Orleans Blanks Omaha 10-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Cakes Offense Erupts as Beggs Blanks Omaha in Triple-A Debut - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Doubleheader Information: Nashville Sounds (4-11) vs. San Antonio Missions (8-7) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (8-8) vs. Round Rock Express (10-6) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Grizzlies home run streak ends in 11-0 loss to Aviators - Fresno Grizzlies
- Home run barrage lifts River Cats over Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Crush Reno, 12-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Lopes Collects Four Hits But Rainiers Fall in Second-Straight - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Bats Remain Hot in 12-4 Win over Tacoma - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Group Outings for 2020 Season On-Sale Now
- Sounds to Host Texas Rangers Winter Caravan at Ole Smoky Distillery & Yee-Haw Brewing Co. at 6th and Peabody on January 29
- Nashville Sounds Foundation Now Accepting Applications for 2020 Scholarship Program
- Sounds Announce 2020 Coaching Staff
- Nashville Sounds Named Baseball America's Triple-A Freitas Award Winner