Heat Take on Texas Saturday at Stockton Arena
Saturday, January 19, 2019
Arena: Stockton Arena
Date: Saturday, January 19, 2019
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Broadcast: Watch a stream of the game on AHLTV, also available at Channel Brewing Company and Port City Bar and Grill. The Heat's radio call is available on Spreaker and iHeartRadio.
For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter @AHLHeat. Stay tuned after the game for the Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game for a chance to win a puck signed by Tyler Graovac.
The Stockton Heat seek to get back into the win column as they return home Saturday for their first meeting of the season with the Texas Stars. The Heat went 0-2-1 on a brief three-game road stint, taking a point in Friday night's game at Bakersfield. Stockton enters Saturday's game with a 2-2-1-0 record against Central Division teams on the season.
QUINE ON QUITE A RUN
Alan Quine enters Saturday's game with five points in two games on the week, a two-point effort on Wednesday and then a goal and two assists Friday. Quine has amassed 13 points (6g, 7a) over the Heat's last six games.
PASS THE GRAVY
Tyler Graovac has found his groove on the offensive end this week, posting two points in back-to-back games with a goal and an assist in each. The veteran forward now has 10 goals in Stockton's last 13 games.
DUBE SCORES LATE
Dillon Dube picked a good time to claim his third AHL goal, beating Shane Starrett for a power play strike with just four minutes remaining in regulation on Friday to push the game to overtime. Dube now has 12 points (3g,9a) in 13 games with the Heat this season.
POWER PLAY PRODUCTION
The Heat boast the best power play unit in the Pacific Division, clicking at 23-percent on the year at 35-for-152. The special teams play helped Stockton earn a point on Friday, going 3-for-6 on the man-advantage, accounting for the team's final three goals Friday.
HAMILTON EARNS CONTRACT
Announced shortly before Friday's game, defenseman Rob Hamilton was released from his PTO and signed to a Standard Player Contract. During his 25-game PTO stint, Hamilton recorded 20 points as a consistent contributor on both ends of the ice.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2019
- Dallas Stars Announce Roster Moves - Texas Stars
- Hill's 21-Save Shutout Vaults Tucson to 2-0 Win over Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Rybar Adds Support in Griffins' 3-0 Win against Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Iowa Downs Ontario 4-2 - Iowa Wild
- Lyon Makes Career-High 49 Saves in Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Rally to Earn Point - Chicago Wolves
- Iowa Doubles up Reign - Ontario Reign
- Amerks Edged by Phantoms in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- Holmstrom's first two goals of the season propel Bridgeport to shootout win on Star Wars Night - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Providence Falls to Bridgeport 4-3 in Shootout Saturday Night - Providence Bruins
- Driedger Stops Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Admirals Fall to Griffins - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Take Second of Back-To-Back 5-4 in Shootout - Laval Rocket
- Driedger Dominant in T-Birds Shutout Win in Hartford - Springfield Thunderbirds
- San Diego Gulls Sign Matt Berry to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- Checkers Roar Back to Snag Point in OT Loss - Charlotte Checkers
- Moose Even Record with 4-1 Win - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Beaten by Bears, 5-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Storm Back, Shock Rocket in Shootout, 5-4 - Cleveland Monsters
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Comrie Backstops Moose Past Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears Win Snow Day Affair over Pens, 5-3 - Hershey Bears
- Sens Storm Back to Beat Utica - Belleville Senators
- Comets Allow Five Unanswered Goals in Loss to Belleville - Utica Comets
- Marlies Kick off Five-Game Road Trip in Charlotte - Toronto Marlies
- Game #36 Preview: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Take on Texas Saturday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Defenseman Dan Fick Signs PTO with Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Zach Tolkinen to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Carrick - San Diego Gulls
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Comets, January 19 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Bruins on Star Wars Night - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 3:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch and Binghamton Devils January 19 Game Postponed - Syracuse Crunch
- Tonight's Game vs. Syracuse Postponed to February 26 - Binghamton Devils
- Hogs Grab Early Lead, Falter Down Stretch against Griffins - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Fend off Stars, Collect 2-1 Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Reign Outscore Wild - Ontario Reign
- Big Deficit Squashes Roadrunners' Rebound Efforts in 7-3 Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stars Drop Close 2-1 Decision in San Jose - Texas Stars
- Iowa Falls to Ontario 6-5 - Iowa Wild
- Marody Nets OT Winner for Condors in 5-4 Win - Bakersfield Condors
- Stockton Steals Point in OT Loss Friday - Stockton Heat
- Chelios, Megan and Sateri Guide Griffins to 3-1 Win over Rockford - Grand Rapids Griffins
- McNiven Backstops Rocket to 1-0 Victory over Monsters - Laval Rocket
- Eagles Score Season-High Seven Goals in 7-3 Win over Tucson - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.