Game Preview: Thunder at IceMen, February 15, 2020
Adirondack Thunder vs. Jacksonville Icemen
Saturday, February 15, 2020 at Veterans Memorial Arena Home Game #19
Referee: Kyle Lejun (#32) Linesmen: Cole Ruwe (#42) & Cory Sellers (#84
Broadcast Information: www.mixlr.com/jaxicemen & ECHL.TV
Tickets may be purchased at the arena box office, or online
About Tonight's Game: Tonight's ECHL match-up features the Jacksonville Icemen and the North Division's Adirondack Thunder. Tonight marks the first ever meeting between the two teams. The Icemen have won five straight games and have collected points in each of their last six contests. The Icemen will have an opportunity to set a new club record for longest winning streak this evening. Jacksonville now sits eight points back of the fourth and final playoff position held by Orlando and are nine points back of third place Greenville with six games still in hand over the Swamp Rabbits. Adirondack ranks fifth in the North Division and are winless in their last six games (0-4-2-0). However, Adirondack picked up a point last night at South Carolina.
Series History: First ever meeting.
About the Icemen: Chase Lang's game-winning goal in overtime extended his point streak to eight games. The reigning ECHL Player of the Week has logged12 points (6g, 6a) during this stretch....Brendan Warren's five-game goal scoring streak was snapped last night. Warren's streak was a season high for Jacksonville this season.....Wacey Rabbit has registered six points in the last three games (1g, 5a).
About the Thunder: Veteran forward Casey Pierro-Zabotel is third on the team in scoring with 31 points, and ranks fourth overall in the league with a 22.9-percent shooting percentage. Pierro-Zabotel has 22 goals on 96 shots attempted this season....The Thunder boasts the league's top ranked penalty kill unit on the road at 89.6-percent.
Upcoming Home Games & Promotions
Sunday, February 16, vs. South Carolina, 3:00 p.m. - Publix Family Fundays! The Icemen will wear special Publix Jerseys.
Wednesday, February 19, vs. Worcester, 7:00 p.m. - Fans can enjoy $2 select beer and wine all night long!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 15, 2020
- Elite Eight: 'Blades Sweep Gladiators, Run Home Point Streak to Eight - Florida Everblades
- Walleye Edged by Steelheads on Home Ice - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Rolls to Snap IceMen Win Streak - Jacksonville IceMen
- Cyclones Snap Skid with Offensive Onslaught - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Sandler Nets Hat Trick, But Second Period Dooms Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Hand Indy Second Straight Loss - Indy Fuel
- Wichita Comes up Short on Saturday Night in Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- McAdam's Shutout Ends Thunder's Winless Skid - Adirondack Thunder
- Stingrays Fly Past Swamp Rabbits in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Protect the Net and Serve up Six on Fort Wayne - Wheeling Nailers
- Glads Leave South Florida Broken-Hearted - Atlanta Gladiators
- Steelheads Takes 4-2 Win over Walleye to Open Battle of the Fish - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Heartbroken in Charleston - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks and Grizzlies Delayed Faceoff Scheduled for 8:00pm - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mariners Use Special Teams to Snap Growlers Home Win Streak - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Streak Halted by Mariners - Newfoundland Growlers
- Start of Saturday's Game Between Mavericks and Utah Delayed - Kansas City Mavericks
- Goaltender Colton Point Reassigned to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Preview: February 15, 2020 Utah at Kansas City - Utah Grizzlies
- Preview: Florida Finishes Stretch of Three Straight against Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Desharnais Recalled; Pryce Signed from Quad City - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 15 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Defensemen Drake and Knodel Recalled by Phantoms - Reading Royals
- Coughlin and McArdle Reassigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- Game Notes: vs Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Thunder at IceMen, February 15, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Branden Troock Earns AHL Call-Up to Cleveland - South Carolina Stingrays
- Houser Recalled by Americans - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Win Behind a 26-Save Shutout by Dereck Baribeau - Allen Americans
- Allen Blanks Rush Behind Baribeau's 26 Saves - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Dominate in 5-1 Valentine's Day Win - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.